Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old May 15th, 2011, 12:16 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker
Re: Project Pokemon Playtesting Thread: Kangaskhan and Bulba

I did playtests as an ally. You can too.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old May 15th, 2011, 12:55 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Bulbasaur Playtest: I will edit this post as I finish battles.

All battles held on Lost Scenario: Utgar's Invasion at Feldspar Pass.

Hero Tests:
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Tests:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Tests:
Spoiler Alert!

Final thoughts coming later today, or some other time. Sorry, but I'm tired.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--

Last edited by NightSwipe; May 15th, 2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 09:53 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I know it's early to post, but I did a few quick playtests with Dratini. Here is the summary:

Dratini versus 10th Regiment
Dratini won the first battle
10th won the 2nd battle

Dratini versus Zettian Guards
Dratini won 1st battle
Old May 24th, 2011, 11:40 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Did some more quick playtests of Dratini:

Dratini versus Atlaga
Atlaga won 4 out of 5.
3 of those wins were Bolt of the Witherwood (Atlaga was rolling really well).

Dratini versus Thorgrimm
Split 1-1. Thorgrimm won the first battle. Dratini won the second.

Dratini versus the Feral Troll
The Feral Troll mopped up Dratini both times.

Dratini versus Erevan Sunshadow
Erevan won the first battle. Dratini won the second.

Hopefully we'll get some more Bulbasaur and Kangaskhan playtests soon!
Old February 16th, 2012, 09:38 PM

SmartHawk Woo who?

I did some playtesting of Charizard and Kangaskhan.

Charizard vs. Charos
Spoiler Alert!

Charizard vs. 3X Knights of Weston
Spoiler Alert!

Overall thoughts so far: Charizard seems a bit overpowered or underpriced. I would suggest dropping his defense down to 4.

Charizard vs. Iron Golem
Spoiler Alert!

Charizard vs. Braxas
Spoiler Alert!

Charizard vs. Braxas Test 2
Spoiler Alert!

Charizard vs. Major Q9
Spoiler Alert!

The following tests were all on the map Fissure.

Charizard vs. 4th Mass.
Spoiler Alert!

Charizard vs. Deepwyrm Drow
Spoiler Alert!

Charizard vs. Phantom Knights
Spoiler Alert!

I would still suggest dropping Charizard's defense to 4 because most squads can't even break through his defense of five. Also, looking at the dragons in Heroscape, Charos has 5 att/def, but doesn't have a squad killing move. Braxas has a squad killing move, but only has 3 defense. Anyways, these are just my thoughts while testing out Charizard.

Kangaskhan

Kangaskhan vs. Tandros Kreel
Spoiler Alert!

Kangaskhan vs. Venoc Warlord
Spoiler Alert!

Kangaskhan vs. Torin
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SmartHawk; February 16th, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old February 17th, 2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartHawk View Post

Charizard vs. Charos
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Overall thoughts so far: Charizard seems a bit overpowered or underpriced. I would suggest dropping his defense down to 4.

Charizard vs. Iron Golem
Spoiler Alert!

Charizard vs. Braxas
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Charizard vs. Major Q9
Spoiler Alert!

Charizard vs. 4th Mass.
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

I would still suggest dropping Charizard's defense to 4 because most squads can't even break through his defense of five. Also, looking at the dragons in Heroscape, Charos has 5 att/def, but doesn't have a squad killing move. Braxas has a squad killing move, but only has 3 defense. Anyways, these are just my thoughts while testing out Charizard.
Thanks for doing these playtests! This is exactly the type of squad killing power we had in mind when we designed Charizard!

One question: What map were you using for the Charizard playtests? It seems like Charizard was able to attack on the first turn of the first round--pretty much in the enemy's start zone. On a bigger map, the Knights of Westin and 4th Mass should have spread out so that Charizard could not kill all of them at once. Maybe try 4th Mass with some Deathreavers to tie up Charizard and gain some protection.

I'm not surprised Q9 did so well. Charizard, for all his power, can only attack any specific figure once per round (as opposed to Q9 which can attack Charizard with 3 attacks of 3).

Dropping Charizard's defense to 4 sounds reasonable. When I get a chance, I'll playtest him with both 4 and 5 defense.

Any thoughts on Kangaskhan?
Old February 17th, 2012, 08:56 PM

SmartHawk Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartHawk View Post

Charizard vs. Charos
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Charizard vs. Iron Golem
Spoiler Alert!

Charizard vs. Braxas
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Charizard vs. Major Q9
Spoiler Alert!

Charizard vs. 4th Mass.
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Thanks for doing these playtests! This is exactly the type of squad killing power we had in mind when we designed Charizard!

One question: What map were you using for the Charizard playtests? It seems like Charizard was able to attack on the first turn of the first round--pretty much in the enemy's start zone. On a bigger map, the Knights of Westin and 4th Mass should have spread out so that Charizard could not kill all of them at once. Maybe try 4th Mass with some Deathreavers to tie up Charizard and gain some protection.

I'm not surprised Q9 did so well. Charizard, for all his power, can only attack any specific figure once per round (as opposed to Q9 which can attack Charizard with 3 attacks of 3).

Dropping Charizard's defense to 4 sounds reasonable. When I get a chance, I'll playtest him with both 4 and 5 defense.

Any thoughts on Kangaskhan?
Found it. I didn't use any of the glyphs though.
Spoiler Alert!

I did most of the battles on the map Fissure. I realized when I did the knights that Charizard destroys squads, and he was able to get in the knights starting zone on the second turn, but was within range of 7 of them on the first turn. I didn't know whether we would be counting that playtest, so I did three more squad playtests. The 4th Mass. tried to spread out, but that is hard to do when trying to get Wait then Fire. Once they were in range of Charizard, he essentially wiped them out. The drow playtest was done with very careful movement, only a maximum of three were in Charizard's range at any given time (except the fourth one that got attacked by one skull and died, I didn't realize the last one was within range until I was making the attack with Charizard.) .

The first 6 battles were on about four 24 hexes with 2 7 hexes for height, but the rest were on the map Fissure. That map has a lot of elevation, so it does favor Charizard as he can fly.

Kangaskhan seems very well done, but I don't think most people would use Dizzy Punch rather than a normal attack, especially when you can gain height for an attack of five. Rolling a 17 just isn't very likely. I would change the attack of Dizzy Punch to 4, or lower the number to be rolled for it to take effect.

Last edited by SmartHawk; February 23rd, 2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old April 5th, 2012, 08:00 AM

Sotalk is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I'm new to heroscapers. Is there anyone I can playtest to help.

Last edited by Sotalk; April 5th, 2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old April 5th, 2012, 08:06 AM

maybe like Blastoise or Venasaur.
Old April 5th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotalk View Post
I'm new to heroscapers. Is there anyone I can playtest to help.
Quote:
This project is in limbo, but White Knight finished off the first 151 Pokemon. I'm sure he would appreciate any testing you would like to do. Scroll up a few posts and you'll find a link in his signature for Kanto Pokemon.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I'm still keeping up with Pokescape, and I'd love to hear any results from playtesting.

You can find the Pokemon (including Blastoise and Venusaur) designed by Project Pokemon that still need playtesting here:

Project Pokemon Playtest Thread

You can test any of the Pokemon you want and post the results in this thread.
Old April 7th, 2012, 10:28 PM

For playtesting EX: a 150 pointer against a 150 pointer or just around the PT pokemon.

Last edited by Sotalk; April 7th, 2012 at 10:35 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum