Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old February 23rd, 2020, 11:34 AM

Bsoder52 knows what's in an order marker Bsoder52 knows what's in an order marker
Scenrio help with giant 8 foot double castle map

We build a giant 8 foot (on our pool table) map with castles on each end, a forest in between with a river running across the map and a zigzagging bridge over it. I'm looking for advice on how to set-up an optimal scenario for a capture the flag game. thanks for any suggestions.

- Rules
- Army points
- unique game features

Old February 26th, 2020, 03:48 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Scenrio help with giant 8 foot double castle map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsoder52 View Post
We build a giant 8 foot (on our pool table) map with castles on each end, a forest in between with a river running across the map and a zigzagging bridge over it. I'm looking for advice on how to set-up an optimal scenario for a capture the flag game. thanks for any suggestions.

- Rules
- Army points
- unique game features

It's not terribly clever, but I've been happy with adding teleport glyphs to large builds like that. Maybe having a few easy to grab movement glyphs wouldn't be a bad idea as well.
Old February 26th, 2020, 09:12 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsoder52 View Post

- Rules
- Army points
- unique game features

It's not terribly clever, but I've been happy with adding teleport glyphs to large builds like that. Maybe having a few easy to grab movement glyphs wouldn't be a bad idea as well.
I love the idea of teleporting glyphs on large maps. I think it can save quite a bit of headache.

With that large of a map, I can already tell you that capture the flag is going to be quite the headache (unless everybody chooses Saylind and summons their figure back to their startzone that captures the flag). But even then you've got to have a figure that can get all the way there and capture the flag without getting shredded by people defending the castle. that leaves Hulk? Spiderman with a hot D-20? Maybe Charos?

You might take a look at this resource to help you plan something out. It's a PDF of Heroscape Missions, or different game scenarios you can run. Some of these might work a little better on that big of a map...

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old February 27th, 2020, 01:48 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

We did this a lot when we first started playing. I believe back then I had 8 castle sets we used amongst tons of other terrain. I agree with the guys points above on teleporting glyphs or such but mostly it isnt worth it because it just takes too long to move across the board. Simpler is better when it comes to games even though those big boards are magnificent to behold. What it did for me was turn a few people off from the game because of the length of time it took to play. That is probably just one of the reasons my wife doesnt play many board games.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 27th, 2020, 08:52 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I don't have any experience with this scope of a game, but my suggestion would be:

1) If an army card didn't attack you may take another turn with that army card in which they may only move

2) Reveal the X order marker on an army card after taking a turn with that army card to take another turn in which they may only move

If you use Rule #2 you can also play with a 5th Order Marker (a 2nd 'X')

I'd also recommend once a figure reaches their enemy territory (to be defined to as within X of the castle door or something) then they may no longer get that extra movement bonus
Old April 1st, 2020, 10:47 AM

Bsoder52 knows what's in an order marker Bsoder52 knows what's in an order marker

All great ideas thanks everyone!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios