Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 3rd, 2015, 09:29 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post

Gnoll Faction
---------------
Followers of Valkrill - Gnolls naturally follow the demon lord (Yeenoghu).
Gnolls like to attack when they have the advantage of numbers, using horde tactics and their physical strength to overwhelm and knock down their opponents. They show little discipline when fighting unless they have a strong leader; at such times, they can maintain ranks and fight as a unit. While they do not usually prepare traps, they do use ambushes and try to attack from a flanking position.

I have tried to keep true to the vision of the Gnolls from DnD background. Many of their abilities reflect some of these tactics.

Costs
  • Warchief is priced a little higher, he has some of the sunken costs that the Warband might have on their own.
  • They are priced at 20 per figure, higher than the per figure cost of many of the other Bonding Squads(Knights Weston, Heavies, Dwarves...)
  • Try to envision them as a 80 point squad for 4.
Gameplay choices
The Gnolls offer some very unique play choices when it comes to using your heroes. Can you afford to wade in with the heavy hitting War Chief and his his powerful attacks? Once he falls the warband is disfunctional and really loses alot of its power. There are times you need to risk and jump into the fray with the Chief. Not only do you lose your most powerful hero, you also lose the ability to move and attack with an extra Gnoll squad member.

Thanks to Scytale as I have borrowed some aspects of the Warband(Pack Attack) at his blessing.
I am leaning towards going to 3 Def over 4. Not that I don't think 4 is balanced, just I feel like it might still overshoot the power level I was looking for the unit. That testing is still going on.

I do however, ask that people would take a small amount of time and fill out a questionnaire I drew up to better gauge the public response to the gnolls. It is anonymous, thanks guys.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 3rd, 2015, 12:07 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
I'm back! Wanted to try Rampage again with some more tweaks. Hows the point value? And what do you guys do you think of having two defense base with minus two defense from Rage?

I really dig this card.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 3rd, 2015, 01:17 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

I like Rampage as well. One suggestion would be to make the title of RAGE a bit more specific, since other future units might also have their own "rage" concept specials. Warforged Rage? Barbarian's Rage?

Or maybe, call it RAGE 2 with the idea that a future unit might use the same template at a 1 or 3 level? It seems like a good special that is ripe for future re-use.

Just thinkin' out loud.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 3rd, 2015, 02:35 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Rage 2 seems cool. I could certainly imagine a squad with Rage 1.
Old June 4th, 2015, 01:15 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wouldn't want to put numbers in it since its similar to Crag of Steel which doesn't have numbers in it. If I had to change it I like Barbarian's Rage. What do the SOV judges think? Is the power name to generic?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old June 4th, 2015, 09:17 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I think the power name is fine. Since the numbers are the same throughout the power, putting a number after the name makes sense. But it's not required.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 4th, 2015, 09:46 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
I wouldn't want to put numbers in it since its similar to Crag of Steel which doesn't have numbers in it.
Probably apples and oranges ... it seems to me that Crag of Steel has a low probability of being re-used while Rage has a high probability of being re-used.

The number exists so the template has a variable "dial" in cases where re-use seems likely. It's why Darrak Ambershard has SNEAK ATTACK 2 and Augamo has STONY RESISTANCE 3. The Elite Onyx Vipers' EVASIVE 8 was a loner for years, and then the Zettian Deathwings and Beakface Sneaks cashed in on the designers' foresight with their EVASIVE 2 and EVASIVE 3. Lots of units have paved the road for future designs, with specials like First Assault 3, Bayonet Attack 1, Braced Spear 16, Quick Draw 13, Furious Wrath 3, Exosuit 15, Insubstantial 3....

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; June 4th, 2015 at 10:22 AM.
Old June 10th, 2015, 02:39 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

These are the Versions I intend to Submit to SOV shortly, any thoughts/concerns? Names of Powers sound okay? Class/Personality etc...

Last Changes
  • Dropped Overwhelm from 5 sight spaces to 3 sight spaces, thematically gives you the feel of him having body guards around him in order to wade into battle.
  • Ambush Attack - After taking a turn with Gruul, instead of any Gnoll you take. Too much versatility with the previous wording.(You could get an attack after taking a turn with the Squad or another Gnoll hero you control.)
  • Dropped Defense down to 3 from 4, kept price the same.
  • Price Change on Ragsh from 140 to 130. Part of his cost was because of the power of the Gnoll Warband(Not as tough now that they are 3 def instead of 4) and his Overwhelm has less of an aura.

Old June 10th, 2015, 02:45 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Word to the Wise

I feel like there is a better way to word the latter half of Overwhelm. As is, I can easily see someone arguing that they get the -2 defense on the first attack. I can't think of a clearer way to word it but that's really about the only thing I have an issue with right now.

~Dysole, informationally
Old June 10th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Word to the Wise

I like Gruul's personality, though the Inner Sanctum may not. They are generally resistant to adding new personalities. I'm not a fan of the other two. Fearsome is ok, but tame, and lacks a sense of leadership. Worse, though, I don't think it says much about his playstyle. I like Menacing even less for the squad. They need something more active, something that better matches how they play, like Ferocious or Wild.
Old June 10th, 2015, 02:52 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Personality Shift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I like Gruul's personality, though the Inner Sanctum may not. They are generally resistant to adding new personalities. I'm not a fan of the other two. Fearsome is ok, but tame, and lacks a sense of leadership. Worse, though, I don't think it says much about his playstyle. I like Menacing even less for the squad. They need something more active, something that better matches how they play, like Ferocious or Wild.
Terrifying or Tormenting for Warchief?

~Dysole, spitballing
Old June 10th, 2015, 03:23 PM

Personalty Options
Warchief
Dominating
Merciless
Terrifying

Gnoll Squad
Ferocious
Relentless
Wild

Archer
Tricky?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards