Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 14th, 2018, 12:03 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: MrNobody's Customs

Intrigued by pretty much anything in the Smash Brothers territory, but never played Mega Man to have specific comments. I'd think he'd be more ... modular, though?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 14th, 2018, 12:07 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
True story: Josie Whistlestop is named after my cat.
Somehow I missed this comment before...that's cool!

Here's a take on someone who's probably been done before, Mega Man! I don't really know if he's a fit for C3G, so I'm throwing him over here. I'm also a big fan of the Protomen, so I might also try my hand at those versions of the characters one day.
Quote:

NAME = MEGA MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = ROCK

SPECIES = ROBOT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = OPTIMISTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL ?

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

RUSH COIL
If Mega Man moves only one space this turn, ignore elevations.

CHARGE SHOT
Instead of attacking with Mega Man, you may place a yellow Charge Marker on this card. A maximum of 3 Charge Markers may be on this card. Before attacking with Mega Man, you must remove all Charge Markers from this card. Add 1 to Mega Man’s normal attack for each Charge Marker you removed.

POWER COPY
When Mega Man destroys an opponent’s figure, if that figure had a special attack on its card, you may place the destroyed figure on this card. Mega Man may use any special attacks on the Army Card of any figure on this card. If the special attack refers to that figure or that figure's card, it refers to Mega Man or Mega Man's card instead.
Is the best way to make custom card templates just to fiddle around on GIMP?
I know what you are going for with power copy, but that could be a pretty broken ability. I am assuming those don't stack. If Mega Man destroyed several figures with heavy hitting SAs he would definitely be broken.

You may want to check out all the special attacks there are. Some of them, like for the elves, wouldn't make much thematic sense for him.

Also, it can make for some confusing corner cases for units that have post-death abilities like...
Warrior's Swiftness Spirit:
When Eldgrim is destroyed, you may place this figure on any unique Army Card. Eldgrim's Spirit adds 1 to the move number on that card.

Who gets Eldgrim? You or your opponent?

I once tried my hand at a design like this and that is why I would caution you in how to approach it. I think it would be great if you are able to work it out, but sometimes theme does have to take a backseat to mechanics.

EDIT: Dang, now I can't stop thinking about some way to make that work. It would be great for this particular unit since that is such a crucial part of who he is.
Old December 14th, 2018, 12:11 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ah, nvm, the Power Copy is the modular aspect I was thinking of. Well played.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 14th, 2018, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Also, it can make for some confusing corner cases for units that have post-death abilities like...
When Eldgrim is destroyed, you may place this figure on any unique Army Card. Eldgrim's Spirit adds 1 to the move number on that card.

This is a preexisting conflict with cards like Ghost Rider. The official ruling when two powers trigger at the same time is that players roll 20-sided dice and the highest roll triggers first, often to the exclusion of the second having any effect (as would be the case here).

Old December 14th, 2018, 12:14 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

This is a preexisting conflict with cards like Ghost Rider. The official ruling when two powers trigger at the same time is that players roll 20-sided dice and the highest roll triggers first, often to the exclusion of the second having any effect (as would be the case here).
Ah...
Thats what I get for not hanging out in your neck of the woods.

Maybe start with limiting how many destroyed figures Mega Man can have on his card an make use of would be place to start to keep him from getting too broken.
Old December 14th, 2018, 12:15 AM

Btw, that official ruling is official official, not C3G exclusive. We have our own tweak to that in our ruling that in cases where two of your powers would trigger at the same time, you get to choose the order. Official rules would have you rolling D20s there as well, if I'm recalling correctly.

Old December 14th, 2018, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Btw, that official ruling is official official, not C3G exclusive. We have our own tweak to that in our ruling that in cases where two of your powers would trigger at the same time, you get to choose the order. Official rules would have you rolling D20s there as well, if I'm recalling correctly.
Well, thats what I get for not hanging out in my neck of the woods.
Old December 14th, 2018, 12:19 AM

You're a person! You shouldn't be in the woods at all. Get a house. Or a clown car at least.

Old December 14th, 2018, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Or a clown car at least.
LOL!

Because of SAs like this...
Quote:
Encircle Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 6.
If 3 Ashigaru Yari you control are adjacent to the same enemy figure, they may roll their attack dice as one combined attack. The defending figure compares height to the lowest Ashigaru Yari to determine any height advantage. If Encircle Special Attack is used, the 4th figure that moved this turn cannot attack.
Maybe limiting it to unique heroes Mega Man destroys.

Last edited by Lamaclown; December 14th, 2018 at 12:45 AM.
Old December 14th, 2018, 12:25 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Honestly, on the 'making sense' aspect, I just decided to say screw it. Does it make sense for him to be copying an elf's magical ability? Not really, but I think limiting it to just other robot-y types would be lame.

Although maybe it would make him less broken. What exactly about Power Copy makes it broken? Is it just the amount of adaptability he'll have?
Old December 14th, 2018, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Honestly, on the 'making sense' aspect, I just decided to say screw it. Does it make sense for him to be copying an elf's magical ability? Not really, but I think limiting it to just other robot-y types would be lame.

Although maybe it would make him less broken. What exactly about Power Copy makes it broken? Is it just the amount of adaptability he'll have?
I definitely feel you on the lame factor of excluding certain types and absolutely follow your own leanings on your design!

I think the brokenness would rear its head if he was able to stack abilities. If he acquired, for instance, Queglix Gun it would make it that much easier for him to start collecting other SAs. A unit with several potent SAs could very easily move into the broken arena.

That is why a limit on how many he can have at a time and limiting him to unique heroes would help.
Old December 14th, 2018, 12:53 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I think the brokenness would rear its head if he was able to stack abilities. If he acquired Queglix Gun it would make it that much easier for him to start collecting other SAs. A unit with several potent SAs could very easily move into the broken arena.

That is why a limit on how many he can have at a time and limiting him to unique heroes would help.
Okay thanks! What about something like this? It's a bit more custom-y in nature but it makes it much harder for him to pull out a bunch of different SAs on the fly.
Quote:
RUSH COIL
Start the game with a Rush figure on this card. While the Rush figure is on this card, if Mega Man moves only one space this turn, ignore elevations.

CHARGE SHOT
Instead of attacking with Mega Man, you may place a yellow Charge Marker on this card. A maximum of 3 Charge Markers may be on this card. Before attacking with Mega Man, you must remove all Charge Markers from this card. Add 1 to Mega Man’s normal attack for each Charge Marker you removed.

WEAPON COPY
When Mega Man destroys an opponent’s Unique Hero, if that Hero had a special attack on its card, you may place the destroyed figure next to this card in Mega Man's Weapon Pool.

WEAPON SELECT
Instead of attacking with Mega Man, you may switch the figure on this card with any figure in your Weapon Pool. Mega Man may use any special attacks on the Army Card of any figure on this card. If the special attack refers to that figure or that figure's card, it refers to Mega Man or Mega Man's card instead.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards