Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers

Notices

Old April 11th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Drafting Table

Now back to the roofs. They allow for easy access to the top floor.

I hinged the back walls to allow access to the other floors.

Old April 11th, 2017, 10:03 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Really happy with the results and it should be fairly easy to replicate with foamboard and our own 'skins'.
These versions would need to be on the outer edges to allow the the hinges to open so we can simplify it down to a 3-walled building. I think the hinged approach will work for interior map buildings as long as the first floor is not hinged. That should allow enough clearance for the upper floors to open cleanly, unless a bunch of Sentinels are around.
We could try detachable walls floor the first floor.

My favorite part is the balcony. If placed properly we can use them and the doors to eliminate most, if not all the dreaded half hexes.

I also toyed with 'inserted' windows, like the one in the balcony. This may work for a garage door look/effect which could solve the first floor access problem by creating a large opening to enable access.

Let get your thoughts.

Thanks to quozl for getting me inspired to tinker with buildings again.
Old April 11th, 2017, 10:08 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 12th, 2017, 08:17 AM

Thanks quozl.

The lack of response has me thinking I may be wasting my time on buildings.
Old April 12th, 2017, 09:03 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Yeah those aren't for me so I didn't want to post anything about them.
Old April 12th, 2017, 12:57 PM

I will take criticism over silence.
Old April 12th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'm sorry - I don't mean to give the impression that your efforts are unappreciated. It's just that this stuff is entirely outside what I can comment on with any statement more enlightening than 'looks cool!'

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 12th, 2017, 01:11 PM

Looks cool is encouraging.

Do they look like something you would be interested in building yourself or not?

If not, why?

This is mostly a proof of concept and we can tweak these to our liking.

I would like to get to the point where one can set up a city map with little to no actual Heroscape map pieces.
Old April 12th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Looks cool is encouraging.

Do they look like something you would be interested in building yourself or not?

If not, why?

This is mostly a proof of concept and we can tweak these to our liking.

I would like to get to the point where one can set up a city map with little to no actual Heroscape map pieces.
Probably not any time soon as it looks like quite an undertaking, but I can theoretically see myself making them in the future just because of how cool I imagine this idea being!
That's quite an ambition - surely you'd use regular hexes as a base layer and for the city streets?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 12th, 2017, 02:11 PM

No, though you could do that.

We were thinking (japes namely) that we could make printable base maps.

Ideally once we figure out some buildings we could set the map up for them.
I see something like a city street or maybe an intersection.

japes has some really cool prototypes.

Hopefully you would never need any actual Heroscape map pieces to create a city map.

Oh, the buildings will be fairly easy to create. That one was pretty much just one evening of between commercials work and I was playing a lot of it by ear.

Once we create a template it should be fairly straightforward. The one thing I need to figure out is a good adhesive for sticking the 'skins' (art for the buildings) on to the foam board but I am sure there is a good one available.

Ruins should be even easier. I am thinking going with a painted look for those.
Old April 12th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
No, though you could do that.

We were thinking (japes namely) that we could make printable base maps.

Ideally once we figure out some buildings we could set the map up for them.
I see something like a city street or maybe an intersection.

japes has some really cool prototypes.

Hopefully you would never need any actual Heroscape map pieces to create a city map.
Ah - that makes a lot of sense. And of course, it'd be compatible to mix and match - you could use grass and tree pieces to build a little park to the side.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 12th, 2017, 02:19 PM

Exactly.

EDIT from above:
Oh, the buildings will be fairly easy to create. That one was pretty much just one evening of between commercials work and I was playing a lot of it by ear.

Once we create a template it should be fairly straightforward. The one thing I need to figure out is a good adhesive for sticking the 'skins' (art for the buildings) on to the foam board but I am sure there is a good one available.

Ruins should be even easier. I am thinking going with a painted look for those.

I do not even use glue currently. I pin everything together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers