Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old August 22nd, 2020, 09:10 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Iden Versio and her ID10 Seeker Droid for Star Wars Legion.

I dont know much about her, as she is from the Star Wars Battlefront II video game and maybe a book. But she is a Commander for Empire forces in Legion, but could also be used as an Operative and be able to infiltrate during deployment. She's got a nice character card and that Seeker Droid is no joke.

From what I gather, she is the leader if an elite outfit called the Inferno Squad, which I'll be getting a set of.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 22nd, 2020, 02:52 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I actually got a chance to play her a weekend or so ago and she is super fun. I used her in her up close and personal loadout but her sniper loadout looks way cool too. Her command cards have some doozies in there as well. I love the marksman keyword. You basically get to use an aim token to improve a die result if you dont use it to reroll your dice. I got some sweet crits out of that to kill some armor. Im going to run a pretty nuts clone army today. Its grand army so you can have up to 5 special forces and I am running 4 arc sniper teams along with a full squad of arcs led by arc trooper echo which is just a better sniper. 7 squads of phase 2 clones, 3 squads of phase 1 clones, an AtRt with a flamethrower, captain rex, and padme. It will be nuts.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 23rd, 2020, 08:29 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cassian Andor and K-2SO for Legion

Old August 23rd, 2020, 10:30 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice work.
Old August 23rd, 2020, 11:26 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nice work.
Thanks T!

Old August 27th, 2020, 08:14 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

As I said in the other forum. Those minis look great @Hahma . Ive finally finished up painting my entire backlog of legion minis(for the moment at least til I buy or make more of them.) I did a recount of them. Ended up being 625 miniatures for star wars legion that Ive painted. Assembled, modeled, and or printed as well. Ive held off on getting my resin printer running again as a chance to dig into some of my other game backlogs of painting. I am thinking of diving into either zombicide modern or zombicide fantasy next. I will use the zombicide modern figures for that game and also as extra walkers and proxy survivors for walking dead call to arms. They look great side by side. Ive already painted and used a booster box of prison zombies for extras for walking dead. Painted up 24 of those awhile back and they look fantastic. If I go the zombicide fantasy route it will be for that game along with using the minis for frostgrave. All the unique survivors would be great for use as warband members and wizards. Not that I dont have a mountain of that stuff already. I have frostgrave second edition on order now and should get to my house any time now. Did you take a look into second edition yet? I picked it up for about 29 bucks and free shipping on ebay. I have a load of runewars minis that will also be fun to use for it. I have a huge army of undead skeletons to paint up that will work great for frostgrave. I got them so cheap I could resist. I do plan on getting some more frostgrave in soon as well as trying out Ghost archipelago. Strangely enough I havent tried it out yet even though I have every add on book for it . Guess Im goofy like that. Ive decided to rip into my giant pile of shame and put that grey plastic to death with my paintbrushes.

Old August 27th, 2020, 08:31 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Good luck.
Old August 27th, 2020, 10:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

The walking dead is fun, so you'll like getting that back to the table. @TREX

Quite a lot of Legion models painted. I haven't counted mine. But I'm sure it's not close.

I haven't ordered 2nd edition Frostgrave yet. I still have yet to play the Perilous Dark solo rules for the game, so I'm not really in a hurry to get 2nd 2edition main rules yet, but I know I will. I also haven't played Ghost Archipelago yet, so I'll have to get that played too.

For the last year, my hobby time is half of what it used to be. It was affecting marriage. So I can't crank out painting like I used to and I'm still taking my time when I do paint to do a few layers of highlights and eyes on all but my Fallout minis, which are very small eyes and I decided not to bother, but still highlight faces as usual.

I've also been trying to mix in some game playing, so that takes away from painting. Not to mention I've been doing a lot of playtesting for The Drowned Earth miniatures game, as it's got some new content and rules the designer asked to be tested and I offered since I love the game. But it is eating into hobby time and there is a lot more testing to do.

I've also been really loving the play by forum campaign on Board Game Geek for the Star Wars rpg. My character is the talker of the group and has a lot of involvement in social interactions. So that has eaten into hobby time as well. But I really love it and it's neat that it's not all about combat, as there are a lot of social interactions, computer hacking, mechanical fixing, starship flying and ship to ship combat. So we have a good mix of characters that can handle the different requirements.

Finally getting back into our in person DnD group session this coming Sunday. First time since February. Can't wait!

Old August 28th, 2020, 12:06 AM
"like" happy

Sounds fun. I think Id really like being a dungeon master for dnd. I have so much stuff to use and a vivid enough imagination to throw players into all kinds of fun and interesting scenarios. If they are murder hobos Ive got lots of minis to kill as well. Im trying to not get to many games going at once lately but would like to get more to the table. Getting things painted will really help that along. Im one of those people that like everything to be finished looking when playing. Ive played enough frostgrave scenarios out of the old original book enough to give the scenarios a run through using the new rules. It sounds like Joe has fixed some of the things that got out of hand crazy with our old sessions. Such as all my brothers wanting to be elementalists and having an entire warband of archers and treasure hunters. They are a bloodthirsty bunch. It should be a little more balanced that way. I plan on running perilous dark first with the new rules. I have quite a bit of terrain as it stands but have been thinking of making some larger concrete looking buildings to go with my prison set up just to sell the setting a little better with some upper prison floors and such. Walking dead is next on the gaming agenda to try out the new call to arms rules. When I got the different character card decks for the different factions I got alot of character cards in which I dont have the legitimate figures for. My fix for this is to paint the many zombicide survivors I have and tape a laminated portrait of them over the character image on the laminated cards to easily proxy the other characters while repurposing the horde of zombicide survivors at the same time. Should give tons of options for play without buying more unneeded figures. The look of the modern zombicide minis goes well with the walking dead figures. Im quite excited to play it.

Old August 28th, 2020, 06:47 AM
Prickly Cactus

I remember you saying that your brothers just wanted to kill each other's wizards and warbands. Kind of takes the fun out of it because you have to meta against that and not be able to take some non offensive wizards and not a group of archers. So that will be more balanced and fun for you guys with 2nd edition.

Old August 30th, 2020, 08:31 AM
"like" happy

Well. Over the last two days Ive all but finished up my season 1 modern zombicide box of painting minis. 71 models pretty much done. I have to wait til later today to give the last 30 of them a matte spray clearcoat them add some fun blood effects to the remaining zombies. The zombies arent as rewarding to paint until finishing up the blood accent work. Its quite fun to add different patterns on them to kind of show how they bit the bullet. Some have bullet holes, some have the looks of having a cracked open head, and some just look like they got done having a feast. The blood for the blood god technical paint by citadel is so awesome. I guess the zombies without blood effects are boring because they are essentially ugly civilians in everyday clothes. I have 4 more large boxes of modern zombicide to paint. Not counting all the zombicide fantasy stuff. Im really loving the quick and easy speed painting techniques Ive been using. As far as the frostgrave stuff goes, I think maze of malcor fixed some of the problems in the original book that we faced but ultimately revisiting all the cool scenarios along with new ones with the new rules should be pretty awesome. Im very excited about my speed painting, to be putting a small dent in my mountain of shame that is unpainted plastic.

Old August 30th, 2020, 02:10 PM
Prickly Cactus

You're a machine @TREX

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures