Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old February 8th, 2015, 08:04 AM

raXas1516 is surprisingly tart
The value of order markers

Say Bill, Bob, Joe, and Sally sit down for a game of Heroscape. Sally is pretty good at the game, while the rest are not. So they decide that Sally will be on a team by herself and Bill, Bob, and Joe will be on a team together. Each person on the team of three takes a 300 point army. If Sally takes a 900 point army, the three person team has an advantage, since they get to go 9 times per round, while Sally only goes 3 times per round. So how many points should Sally take to make it an even game?
Old February 8th, 2015, 09:06 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The value of order markers

Sally should have 3 sets of Order Markers, I think.
Old February 8th, 2015, 09:47 AM

I've thought about this, but it's not what I'm looking for. I'd like to know the true value of order markers.
Old February 8th, 2015, 10:01 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by raXas1516 View Post
I've thought about this, but it's not what I'm looking for. I'd like to know the true value of order markers.
The short answer is, a whole lot.

Bill, Bob, and Joe having 3 times the number of activations as Sally is huge. Sally would have to have more than 3 times the points have a chance, and I think it would possibly take 5 times the points to make it "fair." Unfortunately, I'm not a numbers guy, so I don't really have an exact answer.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old February 8th, 2015, 10:02 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Old February 8th, 2015, 10:14 AM

I'm thinking to maybe take a look at the scenarios from SotM or RotV. I think they have some two versus one scenarios, and see how they set the point limits there.
Old February 8th, 2015, 10:46 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

OK so I was being flippant, but actually 42 isn't so far off.

Dund is 110 points. If my cost formula is to be believed, he is worth 99 points on his stats alone. So Crippling Gaze is worth 10 points, and works 30% of the time. If it worked 100% of the time it would be worth 33.33 points. So that's the value of an Order Marker in one round. A full set would be 100 points.

If an expected game is 10 rounds, Sally should get 2000 extra points to make up for the two extra sets of activations.

Math is fun!
Old February 8th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

It's going to vary a lot with army sizes and terrain. I've seen games with same points on both sides and the castle attackers get two sets of order markers to the defender's one. In the scenario in the OP, I would be more inclined to do a free for all with the inexperienced not needing to use order markers until they get the feel for how they are used. That is could radically change army build, but it takes away the overwhelming advantage the team of three would have with the amount of activations.
Old February 8th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Switching to 2 vs. 2 would make more sense, but if you're going to do it like that I'd start Sally somewhere in the 2000-2500 range (without any expectation of having it accurate) and adjust from there.
Old February 9th, 2015, 08:30 AM

Thanks everyone for the replies, much appreciated!
Old February 9th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

The Order Markers are what makes Heroscape so great!

Because of them dispite losses you have the same turn efficiency as the lead player (failing paritial squads or destroyed units with un revealed markers). This is why Isumu can run the board in clean up.

As long as One team is getting 9 turns to 3,you can never have balance, since the rest of Sally's army will be sleeping units no matter how many points you give her.

If you really want to play this way, then only let the team with 3 player target figures in range before they move, or figures with order markers on thier card.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 9th, 2015, 03:25 PM

Seraph knows what's in an order marker Seraph knows what's in an order marker Seraph knows what's in an order marker

We did 2v1 with castle, and everyone had the same points. For the balancing challenge, we bid on how many turns we could survive as the castle defender. Whoever thinks they can last the longest has to prove it. Another option would be to play 3 times rotating the defender. Whoever survived the most turns or had the most points remaining when the attackers were eliminated would be the victor.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion