Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old January 13th, 2019, 01:56 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 2! Magneto 1/5, Storm 1/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Queen, nice.
My favorite classic heroes are Braxas and Sudema.
At 750 points, then:

240 Crypt Guardian x4
210 Braxas
160 Storm
140 Sudema

Neat!

Also, Storm can use GFW to move friendly figures around, just don't toss them off any cliffs!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 14th, 2019, 08:44 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 2! Magneto 1/5, Storm 1/13

Representing ten rings on four powers or less is difficult. In the end I went with a sorta 3/3/1/3 take. And ultimately they make Mandarin one of the most fun figures to play (despite being my nemesis!; which is also why he's here, a proper Iron Man villain). Matter Manipulation helps him move around quite well for a "pedestrian" figure. Energy is a solid offense boost (also adding a ranged component). Mento-Intensifier is ranged Mindshackle, which is pretty scary! And Electromagnetic gives him yet another tool in the box. Electromagnetic can't move Mandarin because I didn't feel he should be that fast, plus he already has Matter Manipulation. All told, Mandarin can blast something with Energy, move (and Manipulate Matter), Intensify Mentally, then either attack or Electromagnet something. That adds up to 240 points despite his otherwise relatively unimpressive stats!

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 16th, 2019, 09:54 PM

Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 2! Storm 1/13, Mandarin 1/14

Ah, finally the Fantastic become Four. Reed does a couple leadership-type things and a couple stretchy-type things. Fantastic Leadership lets you trade one turn (1 move, 1 attack) for four moves. Debating lowering the move to 4, you know, for the theme*. Unrivaled Intellect has a nice 4 in it; can be fun to deliberately lose initiative one round to set up a switch on the next. Elastic Wrap is Cyberclaw. Stretch combines Reach and a movement that I was trying to make different from other movement powers (and hopefully succeeded; see also Doctor Octopus). He's a bit pricey, but he does help bring whatever team you build together.

Anyone want to guess the last two figures for this wave?

*Not really sure how I'd extend the theme to Sue. She's already pretty strong and increasing the aura messes with the Johnny Supernova counterplay, and I don't want to do something like let the aura protect everyone but add 4 for Teammates, because I'm trying to keep synergy fairly light, teams relatively contained. Thing gets up to +4 Attack. Johnny is Johnny.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 16th, 2019, 10:15 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 2! Mandarin 1/14, Mr. Fantastic 1/

I'm finding it really interesting where you place these guys point-wise. Out of interest, was there a decision made to not have the set of 4 come out at a round point total? Looks to me like they need a 65 point Herbie to round them off at 900.

As for the last two figures, I'm going to take a stab and say Wolverine is one of them.
Old January 17th, 2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I'm finding it really interesting where you place these guys point-wise. Out of interest, was there a decision made to not have the set of 4 come out at a round point total? Looks to me like they need a 65 point Herbie to round them off at 900.

As for the last two figures, I'm going to take a stab and say Wolverine is one of them.
If the Waves total up to anything, it's purely coincidental. Each figure is priced individually, which is why there's also some unfortunate overlap within the Waves with, for example, multiple 170-, 190-, or 240-point figures.

A stab, you say? Well, I'll add this: I'm most likely going to post them together.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 20th, 2019, 10:46 AM

A couple more brothers to round out Wave 2! A second member for the Brotherhood, and perhaps the most iconic X-Man.

Same stats, same points, same Healing Factor (you may recognize this one from C3G; I can claim some credit for it, since I helped develop it there). The only difference is Feral Fury vs Snikt! (Oh, and Wolverine's a short guy at Medium 4, so technically Sabertooth's a little better at climbing). Both powers allow additional attacks for every 2 wounds, plus an extra effect. Sabertooth simply boost his normal attack, but cannot attack the same figure more than once (he's a bit wild like that). It does mean he could potentially be throwing multiple figures about, for better or worse (Knockback). Wolverine, on the other hand, gets a Special Attack (which matters against some defensive powers), and reduces enemy defense (which can also matter against some powers). Plus, he can keep attacking the same figure, making him deadlier in a one-on-one fight, whereas Sabertooth can really only reach his potential in a multi-figure brawl.

Sabertooth with:
  • 0-1 wounds: normal attack of 5
  • 2-3 wounds: two normal attacks of 6 (against different figures)
  • 4-5 wounds: three normal attacks of 7 (against different figures)

Wolverine with:
  • 0-1 wounds: special attack of 4
  • 2-3 wounds: two special attacks of 4 vs -1 Defense (can be same figure)
  • 4-5 wounds: three special attacks of 4 vs -2 Defense (can be same figure)

===============

And that completes Wave 2, bringing us to THIRTY (30) figures! I'll add another spoiler for the breakdown by point cost, to make it easier to figure out what teams to build (Teammates thus far cost 835, so do with that what you will). I think I'll give it a bit of a break before we dive into Wave 3.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; January 20th, 2019 at 11:02 AM.
Old January 20th, 2019, 11:00 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 2! Sabertooth, Wolverine 1/20

Nice restraint on the brothers. Very Matt Helm.
I actually think it is cool the F4 came out to a weird total. You focused on the individual cards instead of trying to fit them to a nice even total.
Old February 9th, 2019, 08:57 PM

Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 2! Sabertooth, Wolverine 1/20

Quote:
Nice restraint on the brothers. Very Matt Helm.
I actually think it is cool the F4 came out to a weird total. You focused on the individual cards instead of trying to fit them to a nice even total.
Appreciate the kind words. I actually have another healing power elsewhere that, looking at it, was probably at least in part inspired by @Matt Helm 's work.

It bugged me a little when, for example, the Dwarves came out and ended up at exactly 500 points for the 3 heroes and 3 squads. People are going to build that army anyway, no need to force it to fit an exact number. (On the other hand, Sujoah, 2x Wyvern, 3x Spiders is 505, which is arguably more annoying, but I digress.)

OK, I think it's been long enough! (Also, I'm having to get used to GIMP.) Let's kick off Wave 3!

===============

What's this? Some kind of team to challenge the Fantastic Four's synergy? It's not much synergy, but multiple turns with big heroes like Bulldozer are pretty nice. Wrecking Crew requires OM's, so no chaining, and works on DO's because they're a bunch of destructive criminals. Headbutt is a double edged sword: an extra die and it's a special attack, plus it could remove a valuable Order Marker (or a not-so valuable one if your opponent places them defensively), but on the other hand it could cost Bulldozer big time (no getting around it with your 'X')! Just the lone wrecker for now, I'll leave him here as a teaser.

And another mutant. Kaemon Awa's stats, but 50% more cost. What gives? Well, an extra power, Mutant Leadership, gives your army a little bit of efficiency. The other two actually make him relatively similar to KA. Return Fire is Counter Strike at range, or Evil Eye, and arguably better than CS here because ranged figures can at least kite melee, while CS does nothing for them against opposing range. Wide Optic Blast can't attack the same figure twice like Quick Release, but it can affect up to nine figures! Mimring has a diagram, so here's another; blue is Cyclops, orange is spaces getting blasted:

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 10th, 2019, 07:50 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 3! Bulldozer, Cyclops 2/9

Nice Bulldozer.
Blast pattern! Cool.
No range limit on Return Fire?
Old February 10th, 2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Nice Bulldozer.
Blast pattern! Cool.
No range limit on Return Fire?
Is Wide Optic Blast confusing in any way (with or without the diagram)?

Gurei-Oni, Torin, and Bramcephys don't have range limits on their Evil Eyes, so I see no reason to include one here.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 10th, 2019, 12:16 PM

Just weird he can return fire farther than he can fire normally. Are any of those other examples ranged counterattacks?
You definitely need the diagram for WOB. I dig it.
Old February 10th, 2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Just weird he can return fire farther than he can fire normally. Are any of those other examples ranged counterattacks?
You definitely need the diagram for WOB. I dig it.
All three of them, yes. There are actually very few, if any, superheroes with Range above 7, and not that many in classic 'scape, either (only 6 units out of 208 cards).

Well, that's why there's a diagram. Hopefully the power becomes very intuitive after looking at it once.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations