Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 3rd, 2019, 12:23 AM
"like" happy

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
My local shop that sold WH40K had a bits box of loose parts you could pick stuff out of and buy for a few cents each. Might be worth asking at any of your local shops to see if they do the same thing. The shop owners generally have lots of opened stuff laying around for a variety of reasons.
Tried that and it was a fail. They have painting classes and demos in this store all the time yet I was told they have not bits. But I could buy any one of these great looking sets lining the shelves. I'm not paying $30 for 3 heavy gunners just to use their weapons for a game played with $1 cars. So I'm going make this my first goal once I put my 3D printer together. Thanks for the lead though.
Making a whole printbed of car assessories to use for at least a dozen cars would only take a few hours. Right now Im printing 28mm vehicles to go with my walking dead all out war. I found a handful of cars along with the legit terrain booster but Im printing a few more police cars to go with my massive prison build. Last car I pulled off the bed was a certain delorian from back to the future . I thought that would be a funny objective to reach to get away from the zombie apocolypse. Just be patient japes. Once you get that printer rolling youll be unstoppable.
Old February 3rd, 2019, 01:26 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
My local shop that sold WH40K had a bits box of loose parts you could pick stuff out of and buy for a few cents each. Might be worth asking at any of your local shops to see if they do the same thing. The shop owners generally have lots of opened stuff laying around for a variety of reasons.
Tried that and it was a fail. They have painting classes and demos in this store all the time yet I was told they have not bits. But I could buy any one of these great looking sets lining the shelves. I'm not paying $30 for 3 heavy gunners just to use their weapons for a game played with $1 cars. So I'm going make this my first goal once I put my 3D printer together. Thanks for the lead though.

That's too bad man. Trex is right though, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding different kinds of guns to print out.
Old February 3rd, 2019, 06:21 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's too bad man. Trex is right though, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding different kinds of guns to print out.
I got both of these sets from Creepy Hero Games for just under $10, including shipping.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6602400...search_click=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6716952...search_click=1

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 3rd, 2019, 07:47 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

Taeblewalker,

Congratulations! It sounds like lots of games you like are in your future.
Old February 3rd, 2019, 08:14 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Started a new campaign for DnD on New Years Day, and just got to play our second game last night. The first day, we used these cards that my buddy Brian bought, to help develop our character's background and how we may have run into each other previous to this adventure, as well as having some possible interactions with NPCs and places that may show up during this campaign. This campaign is one with dragon cultists.

I went with a Hill Dwarf druid character this campaign, changing it up from my Halfling rogue from the last short campaign. We reached 2nd level last night and I chose the Moon Circle as my Druid's affiliation and it allows him to change shape to an animal sooner and at much bigger size than Druids of other circles.

I took advantage of it once to turn into a cat and scout out a little camp area with humans and kobolds. But then when we ran into an ambush later, with 6 cultists, 2 priests and a soldier, I changed into a brown bear. I went after the soldier, who ended up being really tough. I was biting and clawing at him, and our Tiefling ranger and Half-Orc Paladin added some damage to him. When I rolled a natural 20 on my final attack, it killed him and our DM as usual asks how we want to do it. This gives us a chance to create a cool action to remember as part of the story, but only if you kill with a natural 20 roll. So being a bear, I told him that I twisted the soldier's head off and flung it at a nearby cultist. I ended up doing 4 points of damage to the cultist with the flying head

While it wasn't until being 51 to really get to play DnD, I'm sure glad I accepted Brian's invitation to the group. There are 4 of us playing, Brian's wife is an Elf Paladin, Brandon is a Tiefling Ranger and Ron is a Half-Orc Paladin. Kind of odd having 2 paladins, but that's what those 2 wanted, so it will be interesting. Though, they aren't totally sweet and soft Paladins, they have an edge to them. After interrogating the last cultist, Christie (Brian's wife and Elf Paladin) said, now we have to cut his throat so he doesn't tell anyone about us. We're like, that's not quite the Paladin way, even if not totally Lawful Good. So since I was still in bear form, I suggested that I'd take care of him and blame my bear anger for it (even though I retain my normal intelligence, charisma and wisdom while in animal form).

Old February 3rd, 2019, 08:20 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I just started getting into DnD with my buddy Alex about two years ago and it's been a really fun thing to start in my mid-30s! roll20 has made it really possible to be active in it even with Bat Toddler, so that's been nice.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 3rd, 2019, 09:59 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Awesome Hahma. Your kill tactic reminds of a friend who once when stymied by a foe with tough hide uttered the phrase "I grab him around the neck and rip his head off."
He failed though but we got a moment that has been quoted for decades.

We have been RPGing every week for about 4 months or so.
Old February 3rd, 2019, 11:13 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time

Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun

My 14 year old daughter has finally decided that shes too cool to play games with dad so Ive been on a solitaire gaming kick with Hornet Leader and Warfighter with the occasional Mage Knight, and LotR LCG. I think shes mad because Im just tired of playing Magic all the time. She will play LotR with me still. When I get together with my buddies weve been playing through a Descent campaign.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old February 3rd, 2019, 12:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
My 14 year old daughter has finally decided that shes too cool to play games with dad so Ive been on a solitaire gaming kick with Hornet Leader and Warfighter with the occasional Mage Knight, and LotR LCG. I think shes mad because Im just tired of playing Magic all the time. She will play LotR with me still. When I get together with my buddies weve been playing through a Descent campaign.
My twin daughters were about 14 when they were too cool to game with me like they had before. I can get them to play a game maybe 3 times a year now.

Old February 3rd, 2019, 02:02 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks like I have about 11-12 years to work with!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 3rd, 2019, 02:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I got both of these sets from Creepy Hero Games for just under $10, including shipping.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6602400...search_click=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6716952...search_click=1

Yeah, I can see those looking great mounted on a car. You should be able to print something like that if you don't want to buy them Japes.
Old February 3rd, 2019, 02:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Started a new campaign for DnD on New Years Day, and just got to play our second game last night. The first day, we used these cards that my buddy Brian bought, to help develop our character's background and how we may have run into each other previous to this adventure, as well as having some possible interactions with NPCs and places that may show up during this campaign. This campaign is one with dragon cultists.

I went with a Hill Dwarf druid character this campaign, changing it up from my Halfling rogue from the last short campaign. We reached 2nd level last night and I chose the Moon Circle as my Druid's affiliation and it allows him to change shape to an animal sooner and at much bigger size than Druids of other circles.

I took advantage of it once to turn into a cat and scout out a little camp area with humans and kobolds. But then when we ran into an ambush later, with 6 cultists, 2 priests and a soldier, I changed into a brown bear. I went after the soldier, who ended up being really tough. I was biting and clawing at him, and our Tiefling ranger and Half-Orc Paladin added some damage to him. When I rolled a natural 20 on my final attack, it killed him and our DM as usual asks how we want to do it. This gives us a chance to create a cool action to remember as part of the story, but only if you kill with a natural 20 roll. So being a bear, I told him that I twisted the soldier's head off and flung it at a nearby cultist. I ended up doing 4 points of damage to the cultist with the flying head

While it wasn't until being 51 to really get to play DnD, I'm sure glad I accepted Brian's invitation to the group. There are 4 of us playing, Brian's wife is an Elf Paladin, Brandon is a Tiefling Ranger and Ron is a Half-Orc Paladin. Kind of odd having 2 paladins, but that's what those 2 wanted, so it will be interesting. Though, they aren't totally sweet and soft Paladins, they have an edge to them. After interrogating the last cultist, Christie (Brian's wife and Elf Paladin) said, now we have to cut his throat so he doesn't tell anyone about us. We're like, that's not quite the Paladin way, even if not totally Lawful Good. So since I was still in bear form, I suggested that I'd take care of him and blame my bear anger for it (even though I retain my normal intelligence, charisma and wisdom while in animal form).

I never liked playing with Paladins in the group because they limit your options. I suppose it depends on how much your DM lets them get away with outside of their alignment. A hard line DM will make their spells stop working and even become an evil paladin if they persist in making (or even standing by and not objecting when other party members make) non-good choices.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games