Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 21st, 2015, 09:41 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Tul-Bak-Ra

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
What would the ruling be for Cover Fire vs. Teleport Reinforcements? Is that a dice-off? How about Poison Weapons vs. Teleport Reinforcements, or Coil Crush vs. Teleport Reinforcements?

If those are dice-offs, then what makes Poison Sting SA different?

I assume knockback still takes precedence over Teleport Reinforcements, courtesy of "immediately"?
How do you want it to work? Do you want the ruling grungebob made nearly 6 years ago revisited? Do you have a problem with the concept of a dice off for simultaneous powers? Or are you just wanting to post and debate in the name of science?

For what it is worth, (which is pretty much nothing) I tend to agree with scytale's take that it is different because it is a Special Attack, but I am sure that causes some ripple effect some place else in Scapedom.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; February 25th, 2015 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Rules team badge probably needs to be removed from site
Old February 25th, 2015, 01:55 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, yeah, day late, dollar short, I get it.

Having said that, it sure seems to me that if there's a sequence then the sequence is followed and if there's not and it's simultaneous then there's a dice off.

Having said that, it seems clear to me that if the two people playing agree on a way for it to work, then they should play it that way and if they don't agree, then they should have a dice off.

~Aldin, who has encountered a lot more edge cases theoretically than he has playing

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 25th, 2015, 02:48 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

The more powers we have, the more edge cases it will present. It is the same issue that games such as Magic The Gathering always run into, and have had fits with.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 25th, 2015, 04:35 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I think this one came down to how it felt.

He takes wounds and then receives another wound or wounds in increments, based on that d20. From a theme standpoint as far as poison, receiving damage over time, it wouldn't seem right for him to recieve wounds in increments without being able to do the reinforcement. I think that is why it was ruled the way it was in 2009.

However, from existing game play mechanics, I agree that it is inconsistent with the way simulteneous powers would/should be resolved.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old February 25th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
I think this one came down to how it felt.
THIS. IS. HEROSCAPE!!!!

With each expansion and each new master set there was a new host of interactions. Some were large, some were small.

It is no wonder that there are occasional inconsistencies. It is, however, a miracle that there are not more.

On a (ahem) unrelated note, a serious, rigorous approach to the development of customs will find these odd little inconsistencies, because sometimes - if it is being very careful - the designer will recognize the little wrinkle in the fabric of the official rules, and that designer will attempt to keep the creation perfectly smooth nevertheless. The wrinkles must somehow be addressed.

Thank you all for participating in this interesting conversation.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 6th, 2015, 07:40 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Tul-Bak-Ra
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 30th, 2020, 12:42 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

I'm surprised by his C+ rating. He always felt like a B+/A- to me.

Tully here is versatile tank, with 4 def./6 life, and has nearly always managed to pull some sort of weight for me, whether it's zipping around the battlefield clobbering lone Squad figures, surprising mid-level Heroes with his 4 attack, or summoning Marro reinforcements. (Cool, ya hit me for 3 wounds? Now deal with my 3 Dividers I just summoned while I teleport over to that Healing Glyph over there...bye! *evil grin*)

IMO he provides the most bang for your buck when compared to other Marro Hero figures, for the cost.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old April 30th, 2020, 08:09 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post

IMO he provides the most bang for your buck when compared to other Marro Hero figures, for the cost.
I tend to favor MBS, as weak as he may seem the Legionaries make him an A/A-. And only 50 pts!
Old May 1st, 2020, 09:30 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post

I tend to favor MBS, as weak as he may seem the Legionaries make him an A/A-. And only 50 pts!
I do too, I'd rank MBS #2 personally, followed by NGS.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 1st, 2020, 03:23 PM

Archie97 knows what's in an order marker Archie97 knows what's in an order marker

I really like TBR in a sort of assassin type role/ With his Teleportation, most maps you can get him into, or at least very close to, their start zone in a couple of turns. Sticking the your first round of OMs on him can really cause some havoc. Get in quick, go straight for a valuable cheerleader or other key hero. They either try and run away, or spend OM's dealing with TBR, who is guaranteed reinforcements unless they have a way to instantly destroy him, or of course roll hot enough to deal all 6 wounds at once. Either way you're going to scupper their plans and put them on the back foot.
Old May 1st, 2020, 03:33 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie97 View Post
I really like TBR in a sort of assassin type role/ With his Teleportation, most maps you can get him into, or at least very close to, their start zone in a couple of turns. Sticking the your first round of OMs on him can really cause some havoc. Get in quick, go straight for a valuable cheerleader or other key hero. They either try and run away, or spend OM's dealing with TBR, who is guaranteed reinforcements unless they have a way to instantly destroy him, or of course roll hot enough to deal all 6 wounds at once. Either way you're going to scupper their plans and put them on the back foot.
Yes!

I might have discussed it in this thread already, but he is *extremely* dangerous in the "Assassin's Creed" format, where your goal is to assassinate some chosen unique hero in your opponent's army. I came in second, missing first by a hair's breadth, using him that way at GenCon.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 3rd, 2020, 11:55 AM

Archie97 knows what's in an order marker Archie97 knows what's in an order marker

Oh man, that sounds like a sweet format! And definitely within TBR's skillset for sure! What composition picked you to the post, if you don't mind me asking?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units