Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old June 23rd, 2007, 11:47 PM

powerwindow Woo who?
Terrain Movement

Hey I'm new at this, so it probably has been covered, but here goes: Has anyone tried to come up with a way of dealing with movement on different terrain types? The official rules really only deal with movement across water, road/wall walk, or the infrequent mud on sand terrrain, other than that the different types of terrain tiles are pointless. Coming from playing old Avalon hill games it seems like they should have incorporated something. Different species could have extended movement across certain terrain, or it could be more general like rock terrain costs more movement points than grass, etc.
Just wondering if this has been addressed?
Powerwindow
Old June 24th, 2007, 12:36 AM

Glitch has disabled reputation
i think this has been adressed before, but i just came up with a few ideas for different terrain movement.

like after a long rain when the grass is slippery, maybe when moving you could roll for "slipage" like by a dice roll deciding which direction you move (or somthing). or on rock when going up terrain up could roll for the "rock breaking" or "land slide" and if you roll a certain number on the twinty sided dice you would go down one level.

i knows those aren't great ideas, but i think its a start.
Old June 24th, 2007, 03:04 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I haven't really seen any species specific terrain movement rules (except the obvious Obsidians/Braxas on lava terrain), Powerwindow. This sounds like a really interesting idea to me.
I think I had an idea for some Plains Indian (Native American) Hunters that had enhanced move if they started and ended their move on grass tiles.
It'd certainly be something interesting to explore, though. Who do you see moving faster/slower where?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 24th, 2007, 01:21 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
How about vipers getting extended movement on swamp tiles?

6 x 9 = 42

Old June 24th, 2007, 01:23 PM

Glitch has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I haven't really seen any species specific terrain movement rules (except the obvious Obsidians/Braxas on lava terrain)
Braxas has extra movment on lava i thought that was brunak .
Old June 24th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness
There is no official differentiation among rock, sand, and grass, and so far no official characters with abilities specific to these terrain types. There are scenario-specific terrain effects for these (see the official scenario "Quicksand Firefight at Trollsford Swamps"), and some people have designed customs that have terrain-specific abilities (such as camouflage on grass spaces).
Old June 24th, 2007, 01:53 PM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker
Cheap idea, but here goes.

Each general had a different color to represent them. Maybe rules regarding linked terrain:

Jandar: Snow
Ullar: Grass
Vydar: Rock
Einar: Sand
Utgar: Lava Field

I was tinkering with a General specific movement bonus. +3 if whole move was on such terrain, which may or may not extend onto roads/wall walks.

Or stat change:

Ullar: When on Grass +1 move
Vydar: When on Rock +1 range
Utgar: When on Lava Field +1 attack
Jandar: When on snow +1 defence
Einar: ....When on sand... umm... F@#$ Sparticus!... He's got all he needs to kick butt all by himself! 200 points worth of butt kicking! YEAH!

(sits back to watch this thread get hijacked over Sparticus)

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old June 24th, 2007, 02:16 PM

powerwindow Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I haven't really seen any species specific terrain movement rules (except the obvious Obsidians/Braxas on lava terrain), Powerwindow. This sounds like a really interesting idea to me.
I think I had an idea for some Plains Indian (Native American) Hunters that had enhanced move if they started and ended their move on grass tiles.
It'd certainly be something interesting to explore, though. Who do you see moving faster/slower where?
Well, as I'm really new to the game, I'm not all that familiar with every unit. But, off the top of my head I was thinking orcs having extended movement on rock terrain, elves extended on forrested/grass terrain. I'm assuming marro will have extended movement on swamp terrrain in MS2, (makes sense to me). I think it would take some creativity and a look at bios to come up with rules that would make the different terrain hexes have more significance, rather than just the few exceptions that officially exist.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions