Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades
Sales and Trades A place for 'scapers to buy/sell/trade Heroscape-related stuff with each other

Old September 15th, 2015, 02:21 PM

Bryancb is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Bryancb's 9/15/2015 Sell List (Advice Needed)

Hi All,

I'm new here. I didn't even know this site existed until someone on BGG recommended it. I hope this is an ok post.

I will soon be a father. As such, I've been trying to get ready - reading books, learning the intricacies of cloth diapers, breathing classes, the whole 9 yards. My wife and I live in a small apartment and my heroscape takes about about a quarter of the total closet space. Additionally, while we are very excited to become parents (especially since I was told I was unable to father children), our son was conceived on our honeymoon, so we are not quite as financially prepared as we would like to be. It seems necessary at this point to part ways with my heroscape collection.

I am trying figure how to best sell my collection. I am trying to sell this rather quickly. Our son is due in December, but babies coming very early runs in my wife's family. The midwife says that the baby looks to be two weeks farther along than what they expect. That pace seems to accelerate with each visit. The midwife is wondering if the baby may come as soon as October! I have a lot of repeats, especially base sets since they provided a lot of land and my friends would give me their collections when they moved on from the game. Some items have initials on them, but most are in very good to excellent condition. I simply don't know how to best split it up in order to sell quickly, but also make some decent money. (My deductible for the baby's delivery is $3000, which is virtually 2 months pay. I work as a campus minister at the University of Florida, so I'm not in it for the money, but I do need to take care of my family.) Any advice would be appreciated.

Here are some pictures of the collection and below I'll link to a spreadsheet of what I have.

More can be seen at: https://boardgamegeek.com/images/user/432070/bryancb

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Any advice is very much appreciated.
Old September 15th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Bryancb's 9/15/2015 Sell List (Advice Needed)

From the category of "any advice": I hope you have enough sense to keep an RotV Master Set. The day will come, before you know it, when your urchin is old enough to play with you. And when that day comes, there will not be a substitute. Either you will have it, or you will wish you had it.

Good luck and best wishes. That's a sizeable collection, it should help you with your finances. Keep one master set!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 15th, 2015, 03:16 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Pm sent! That's quite a collection
Old September 15th, 2015, 03:41 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Since you asked for advice, here is something that I didn't understand when my wife had our first baby (we have 5 now): medical payments can (almost) always be set up on a payment plan. Just talk to the billing office and they will be happy to set you up on a zero interest payment plan.

As for selling: if you part it out, you'll make more money, but it will also require more work packing and shipping. A buyer for that one huge lot may be difficult to find.
Old September 15th, 2015, 06:58 PM

Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker

PM sent. Dido Porkins. payment plans are the way to go I would have been up a creek without them . I'm still paying for my three year old twins, they came early and were in The NICU for Two months.
Old September 15th, 2015, 07:51 PM

Xerics Woo who?

I am working my way to that size of a collection (slowly but surely). Good luck with being a dad. I havn't made it that far myself for personal reasons but have been thinking about it recently (it is actually what got me back into Heroscape so i could use it as a gateway drug to WH40k for any future children). Fortunately for me Tricare will cover 100%.
Old September 16th, 2015, 04:01 PM

Millni6 knows what's in an order marker Millni6 knows what's in an order marker

First off congrats on the awesome surprise/blessing! Kids are such a blessing to have (my wife and I have 3 5 and under right now, busy but great). I'll ditto what everyone else said and tell you payments are very easy to work with.

As for your collection, bravo, that is the quite the stockpile. I don't know how much luck people have on selling the whole thing (the experts would have to chime in) but a lot of people have had good luck with just putting on a spreadsheet of stuff. You'll likely make more that way, but you will have to invest time to keep it all straight which is time you may or may not have.

One last thing as others have said please keep some back for you and your child. My oldest who is 5 enjoys setting up and "playing" heroscape, he is still learning how the game works, but he LOVES it. My wife actually enjoys it too since there is not a ton of demonic/magic type stuff going on with it, and it's safe for me to bring to my church and play a game night with some teens in the youth group. All in all it's a good thing to at least keep some of. Heck what I would do is just keep about 20% back of some of your favorite squads, heros, terrain etc, and sell the rest.

P.S. All the advice you'll get, go ahead and throw it out the window. Parenting is different for everyone and you'll learn your own style.

P.S.S. Cloth diapers are "good" at first but sometimes will give rashes and they are an expensive up front investment. Plus they take a considerable amount of constant laundry in those first years. Luckily my wife stays at home but it got to be a lot of work to do for her. We had them for our first child (who is now 5) and they worked good (not great) brand name fuzzybunz, to this day don't think they were worth it, but to each his own. As I said every parenting experience is different.

Again congrats!!!
Old September 21st, 2015, 12:38 PM

Bryancb is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for all the advice and help. Sorry for the delay in responding here and to all the pm's I received. I am not ignoring them. I'm just trying to sort through them all. I should have organized all the pieces by set, so I'm trying to sort out the land for the core sets and terrain packs. I'll respond to everyone in the next couple of days. Thanks again.
Old September 22nd, 2015, 11:47 PM

Xerics Woo who?

If you are parting them out I might be interested in the Tundra set, Volcanic Wasteland Set, and forgotten forest sets depending on what you want for them.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 02:38 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Something to think about regarding setting up payments. A December baby is real nice when you do taxes next year. You get a dependent for the whole year, and you get access to things like the earned income credit which could come close to meeting that deductible.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades