Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old April 24th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Wondering if we need another forum for listing deals?

While this isn't specifically news I was looking for a thread in this forum and noticed that 99% of the threads in here seem to be about deals for HeroScape. This is a good thing but I am wondering if it would make sense to make a market/trade forum specifically for all of these. That way we could more easily weed out the deals from actual news. What does anyone else think?

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old April 24th, 2008, 09:35 PM

HeroscapeLunatic knows what's in an order marker HeroscapeLunatic knows what's in an order marker
Re: Wondering if we need another forum for listing deals?

I agree.

I know that Billtog had a thread that was aimed at watching out for online deals based on a large collection of sites and store. Maybe what somebody could do is start a thread and have people post deals that they've come across from their specific town/city and what state they live in. Then the thread starter could compile it based on state and other info.
Old April 24th, 2008, 10:00 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

We already discussed having a separate forum for sightings. I think the general conclusion was the reason this place is covered in sightings threads is because we don't really have any news to speak of at the moment.
Old April 24th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Or have a whole fourm on it. I asked this already of Truth.
We should have a petition to have it done, want to organize either of you two?

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." ~Albert Einstein

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old April 24th, 2008, 10:14 PM

HeroscapeLunatic knows what's in an order marker HeroscapeLunatic knows what's in an order marker

Don't look at me. I'm too tied up with the Omnibus right now to take on any more projects. My wife would have my head on a Summoning Spear in no time.
Old April 24th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Heh, how much of a petition do we really need? Perhaps we could have a poll thread asking about it?

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old April 24th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I could start a thread(Necro, don't come diss my binary poll) that has a poll asking members to vote for or against it andI will record the numbers for the admins to see and discuss the idea. I think I will.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." ~Albert Einstein

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old April 28th, 2008, 01:58 PM

Jim Miller is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hmmmmm. I am on the opposite side of the coin. I *REALLY* do not like having a ton of forums for each little thing. I would prefer to have all Sightings, sales etc all in one forum like it used to be. One list to work off. Oh well, so much for keeping the simple things simple....
Old April 28th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Miller View Post
Hmmmmm. I am on the opposite side of the coin. I *REALLY* do not like having a ton of forums for each little thing. I would prefer to have all Sightings, sales etc all in one forum like it used to be. One list to work off. Oh well, so much for keeping the simple things simple....
I do see where you're coming from, JM. However, as I was moving all the sightings n' deals threads over to the sub-forum, it was pretty ridiculous just how many of them were random mentions of finding an expansion set at a local WM or TRU. If folks were able to keep such mentions to the sightings thread specific to the set or expansion that they found, the News forum wouldn't have gotten obnoxiously cluttered as it was.

I doubt we're going to nitpick and compartmentalize every single post topic nuance into its own deserving sub-forum, so don't be too worried there. But this particular move did help to better organize something that had gotten out of hand.

.:: .H3X. | Click here to check out bloggy goodness! :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old April 30th, 2008, 11:33 AM

Jim Miller is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
If folks were able to keep such mentions to the sightings thread specific to the set or expansion that they found, the News forum wouldn't have gotten obnoxiously cluttered as it was.
And here is the heart of the matter. I will still have to go through them looking for a legitimate thread, now I have to go through two forums to do that. That was my only point (obviously moot at this time)

And while I am thinking about it, in the General area, there is a new kid on the block: Polls Gone Wild! (not the video). As I type this, there are 17 polls on who like what most for Each Wave and Set. Why not expand on "reducing clutter" by creating a subforum somewhere for nothing but polls. Of course, you will still get a message that a poll is put up.....

Last edited by Jim Miller; April 30th, 2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old April 30th, 2008, 12:10 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Miller View Post
Quote:
If folks were able to keep such mentions to the sightings thread specific to the set or expansion that they found, the News forum wouldn't have gotten obnoxiously cluttered as it was.
And here is the heart of the matter. I will still have to go through them looking for a legitimate thread, now I have to go through two forums to do that. That was my only point (obviously moot at this time)

And while I am thinking about it, in the General area, there is a new kid on the block: Polls Gone Wild! (not the video). As I type this, there are 17 polls on who like what most for Each Wave and Set. Why not expand on "reducing clutter" by creating a subforum somewhere for nothing but polls. Of course, you will still get a message that a poll is put up.....
Those polls are a long running project started by SVD997, not just some random polls. I, personally, wouldn't want to encourage people to post useless polls all in one forum. The chances of missing a really important and useful poll because it was swallowed up by nonsense would be astronomical.

A forum on this site specifically for sightings might not be a bad idea, but I will be upset with the binary poll petition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News