Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old September 17th, 2007, 10:12 PM

Captain_Gerbil Woo who?
Wondering how you feel about the premade super marro army.

Been playing a lot with the SoTM, and I really love how the Marro army combos extremely well and works together as a pretty unified team.

However, I did a scenario (just one, so it's not an official test), and I played as the Heros versus the mighty SWARM, aka Marro (full from boxset). Any ways, I got pretty dominated versus a really well manufactured pre-made from the box using SoTM's already 5 team premade (Sonlen and Q10 were mvps btw).

So my questions for discussion are (and I would definitely appreciate comments from players who play pre-made armies -as said before, my group drafts still ) :

Do you feel having a pre-made from SoTm will cause a disruption with gamers bringing premade armies from a kit (and this includes future sets that clearly are designed to field a specific army all in one kit, i.e. future master sets) will cause gamers to use less creativity when customizing a pre-made and just use a possibly "superior" army with easy modifications? I kind of see it like buying a pre-made Magic the Gathering deck; it's good by itself (but not too competitive), but can be tweaked and made pretty competitive with some good augmentations?

Finally, how do you feel about playing with the new Marro army as it stands, and even augmenting it with some other Utgar pieces to make it nicer? AS it stands in my experience (which isn't much ) havign pre-made armies form the box liek the Marro are pretty damn nice to play with and really kick some serious booty on most maps

Thanks for reading, again, here is a rabbit with a pancake

Want to help an Army Cadet out? Go to http://errotc.com to read his story

Thanks to Ryougabot for the Avatar!

Ain't nuttin but thuggin. E-Thug 4 Lyfe
Old September 17th, 2007, 10:14 PM
has been BANNED

Ullar rocks 4553 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Are you sure you lost...
Sonlen and Shiori can take on TKN, the hive can be killed within secounds, the Major's Machine pistol decimate's Drudge and Nagrubs, so does Raelin's whirlwind.
Old September 17th, 2007, 10:16 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I wouldn't use a super army unless it's fun for me and/or if I (Hopefully) will be in a tournement.
Old September 17th, 2007, 11:10 PM

Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ullar rocks 4553
Are you sure you lost...
Sonlen and Shiori can take on TKN, the hive can be killed within secounds, the Major's Machine pistol decimate's Drudge and Nagrubs, so does Raelin's whirlwind.
I disagree with this, somewhat. Both sides can win, but it isn't biased toward the heroes like you're making it sound.
Tor-Kul-Na can kill Shiori within seconds, and Sonlen will also hit the bucket. I'd rather send in Drake or Q10 after him.
Major Q10's Machine Pistol? You have a point there (a point a lot of people knew already, but it's a point nothenless), but a smart opponent will attempt to spread out his squads so that Raelin can't whirlwind them. Still, Raelin's always nice to have out there, and if you can catch Marro spawning from the hive with Raelin, you can kill them and hurt the hive in one attack!
The Hive dies within seconds, sure, but part of the problem is getting to the hive. Exceptions include the Xaultica campaign scenario (the heroes start right next to it), and Waters of Life. As a matter of fact, most maps that I've seen that have the Hive already on it makes the Hive an easy target.
I haven't played the scenarios yet, but here's what I would do in Xaultica:
Marro:
1. The Hive starts out in a pretty bad posistion, as the heroes start out right next to it. Your best bet is to use Swamp Water Tunnel to tie up the heroes so you can get the Stingers in. The Marrden Nagrubs at the start help with this too.
2. Only send out Tor-Kul-Na when BOTH Sgt. Drake and Major Q10 are dead. That way, none of the other heroes can take him on, equaling an almost automatic lose for them.
3. The Drudges that are finished tying the Heroes up should rest on the elevated Swamp Water tiles near the hive.
Heroes:
1. The Hive, even though it's on height, should be taken care of quickly by sending in Raelin. Her Whirlwind Attack will hit the Nagrub adjacent to the Hive at the start of the game, too!
2. Protect Sgt. Drake and Q10 as if they were queens in this scenario. They are the only ones that by themselves can stand against Tor-Kul-Na by themselves, much less with an entire Marro Horde charging at them!
3. If Both Sgt. Drake and Q10 look as if they are about to fall, send in help. Sonlen's a good backup choice, as his healing and ranged attack can cut down what they have to kill to free themselves.
Again, these are my opinions.

Bloody the Marro Stinger is the Chimeran Ravager in the....
KEEP OF THE NECRONOMICON

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion