Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 16th, 2018, 11:04 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: MrNobody's Doctor Who Customs -Very much a work in progr

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think each Doctor should have a short regen power that has them replaced by the next one when they’re destroyed and gives them all the powers on the previous card. Then each version can focus in on the most important element of that specific incarnation and you can get a sense of progression.
So you would like each Doctor to have all the powers on their own army card and the army card of their predecessor? Or the powers of all their predecessors?
Old August 16th, 2018, 11:10 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I was thinking their card and all of their predecessors. Of course, this is only if you have all the other ones in your army (you'd have to pay for them separately).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 16th, 2018, 11:23 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I was thinking their card and all of their predecessors. Of course, this is only if you have all the other ones in your army (you'd have to pay for them separately).
I'd have to disagree with that direction personally. Thematically, a lot of the Doctors are bad at things the predecessors were good at. Six was a more physically violent Doctor who gave big moralizing speeches. Seven was a small little clown who was an expert manipulator yet always on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Eight was a wide-eyed romantic adventurer who rejected his previous incarnation's morally gray actions. To have any of them have the powers of the one before them would feel out of character.

Mechanically, you'd have to limit the design of each Doctor as to not overlap or break the other Doctors and that could really limit what's allowed in each design.

An experience system could work in some way though, I think. Maybe every time you "regenerate" you get a marker, and the markers do something? I dunno, just a thought.
Old August 16th, 2018, 11:32 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fair enough! It was just an idea. It's such a complex character - tough to really narrow down.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 16th, 2018, 11:44 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Fair enough! It was just an idea. It's such a complex character - tough to really narrow down.
Absolutely. He's really a challenge to pin down, especially with the way he deals with threats and problems non-violently.

Slightly off topic, has there been a thread discussing what non-comic characters and universes are C3G acceptable and what people would like to see? I don't know if that happened in the sanctum or when I wasn't around, but it's a discussion I'm interested in having.
Old August 16th, 2018, 11:53 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

There have been a few discussion. I'm not sure what's allowed currently. Best shot is to ask in the Public Design Post or the Discussion Cave.

Old November 3rd, 2018, 12:03 AM
Just A Head

Re: MrNobody's Customs

So I think I'm going to try to convert this to more of a general customs thread. I'll probably still post a Doctor Who custom here every once in a while, because there's some DW stuff (like audio and book characters) that I have great affection for, but falls outside the scope of the C3G project for now. And now for something even more self-indulgent and specific than obscure Doctor Who characters, I present Habit, from EverymanHybrid.
Spoiler Alert!

Habit is a major character in the Youtube horror web series, EverymanHybrid. I started thinking about the potential of these Youtube horror characters in Scape after C3G's Halloween release. (It's amazing, please check it out if you haven't already.) Marble Hornets is the big one people are most likely to know, and it's about Slender Man. EMH started out in a similar vein, but has since moved away and grown into a really good series in its own right, with lots of Lovecraftian horror and fun characters.

Habit as a character shouldn't work for me. He's a psychotic entity that possesses individuals and forces them to commit horrible acts of violence. It's implied he's extremely old, and that many of history's most famous killers were actually his doing. His personality shifts between Edgy and Silly like a LOL SO RANDOM Heath Ledger Joker knockoff. All of these traits combined together sound like a character I'd write stories about when I was 12 and try my best to forget many years later. But for some reason, he's just so much fun to watch. I think that mostly comes down to the fact that it's crystal clear that the guys behind the channel are just having a blast coming up with stuff for this completely ridiculous character to do. It's that enthusiasm, combined with some smart writing, that really propelled EverymanHybrid from being 3 guys filming on cam-corders with a shoe-string budget to being something I honestly feel invested in.

Anyways, some thoughts on the design. For starters, I like stretching out a bit further from the "official" rules by putting markers on the base. It's my own personal custom, why not? I don't think there's any examples either way of him being able to inHabit non-humans. (He presumably can't take over Slender Man, but that's a being of immense power) Because of that, I just decided to keep him able to possess Humans only. He's also able to heal his hosts from fatal injuries, but I decided that might be a bit much. I'm imagining he'll be pretty expensive, but he's portrayed as a one-man army even when he isn't possessing some backup, so I'm fine with that.

Like I said at the start, this is a fairly self-indulgent and personal character to turn into a custom. Despite that, I think it's a character with a cool powerset I'd want to have in my army.
Old November 5th, 2018, 12:43 AM
Just A Head

Quote:

NAME = JACKET
SECRET IDENTITY = ???

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = BRUTAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

WEAPON PICK-UP
Start the game with 3 pink Knife Markers and 3 blue Gun Markers. Whenever Jacket destroys an adjacent figure, you may remove all Weapon Markers from this card. If you do so, and the destroyed figure had a range of 1, place 3 Knife Markers on this card. If the destroyed figure had a range greater than 1, place 3 Gun Markers on this card.

IMPROVISATIONAL VIOLENCE
If there is at least 1 Knife Marker on this card, add 2 to Jacket’s attack. If there is at least 1 Gun Marker on this card, add 4 to Jacket’s range. After attacking with Jacket, remove a Weapon Marker from this card if possible.

HOTLINE MIAMI
After taking a turn with Jacket, you may roll the 20-sided die, adding 8 to your roll if Jacket destroyed a figure this turn. If you roll 16 or higher, you may take another turn with Jacket.
This is Jacket, the main protagonist from the game Hotline Miami. There's not too much to his character. He gets weird phone calls that tell him to go kill the Mafia, so he puts on an animal mask and his letterman jacket and does it. It's also possible he's completely insane.

The terminology of referring to Knife Markers and Gun Markers as Weapon Markers isn't technically correct, I know, but I think it's clear enough for me.

Last edited by MrNobody; November 5th, 2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old December 5th, 2018, 07:50 PM
Just A Head

Quote:

NAME = BEATRICE ‘SURESHOT’ SMALLWOOD
GENERAL = UTGAR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTLAW
PERSONALITY = PRECISE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 8
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = ???

SNIPER SHOWDOWN
If Beatrice can attack a figure with a Range greater than 5, she must attack that figure. When attacking a figure with a Range greater than 5, you may count all Blanks rolled as Skulls.

INTENSE FOCUS
If Beatrice did not move this turn, add 2 dice to her attack. If Beatrice receives one or more wounds, she may not use Intense Focus for the rest of the round.
Here's my first shot at a true classic custom in years. How did I do on selling the theme? If I had the actual mini in hand, I'd probably repaint her scarf and have her be from another general, but right now I can't justify anything other than Utgar with such heavy use of red.
Old December 5th, 2018, 08:11 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

She sounds like a really competitive person, so you could easily change her Personality to something other than Precise.

Intense Focus makes using her quite tasking, because you aren’t likely to enjoy that +2 dice for long each round, and almost never versus melee forces. I don’t see her being more than 70 points as is, and that’s really pushing it, imo.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 5th, 2018, 08:24 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
She sounds like a really competitive person, so you could easily change her Personality to something other than Precise.

Intense Focus makes using her quite tasking, because you aren’t likely to enjoy that +2 dice for long each round, and almost never versus melee forces. I don’t see her being more than 70 points as is, and that’s really pushing it, imo.
Thanks for commenting!

I could certainly see changing her personality. I originally had her as Vengeful, but after looking it over again I thought it didn't match. Maybe something like Antagonistic or Aggressive?

I see her being fairly cheap anyways, so I don't have too much of a problem with that. If she comes off as too weak in playtesting, I could always change the Intense Focus boost to +1 instead and then raise her base attack by 1.
Old December 5th, 2018, 08:29 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

So what happens when there's multiple high-ranged figures you could attack?

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

google sheets:
ohs link generator/attack outcomes

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards