Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old March 2nd, 2017, 04:31 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Smurf along with me: la la la-la la la!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Does this mean I am off the hook for proof reading?
NO, but you just might (might) be proofing a different design.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old March 2nd, 2017, 04:35 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sorry you my response to japes.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 2nd, 2017, 05:11 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Sorry you my response to japes.
Yes but my answer would still be the same...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 05:15 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post

And if my eyes begin to fail me and I ever need bigger text these cards become even more of a win. Why? The text on these is still as big as it is on official cards, and if I need bigger versions some day I can more easily print larger sizes (with text that is larger than official cards) and still have room to very comfortably put them on the table. (Try that with an enlarged official card). A small nerdy detail related to that--poker size cards are 3.5-inches by 2.5-inches. That means their aspect ratio is 1.4:1. Anybody else recognize that that is very close a particular magic ratio?

A ratio of √2:1, aka about 1.414:1 allows you to double just the narrow dimension and still retain the exact same aspect ratio. We're about 1% away from that ratio, which is close enough to not be especially noticeable. That means if instead of printing the card at 3.5x2.5 inches, we print it at 3.5x5.0 inches, we don't have to stretch or reformat the card. There are commercial playing card printing companies that will print cards at 3.5x5.0, so anybody who wants bigger cards can print their cards there, using the same source files. And people with truly low vision can double it again, to 5.0x7.0, for printing, which happens to be another common card size.

BINGO!

I discovered the same awhile back and even 3.5"x5" cards, being rectangular, fit a lot neater on the table. I even toyed with doing Glyphs at 1.75"x2.5" with the idea that they could be doubled up to 2.5x3.5 if needed without having to do more work.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 05:27 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This post is a mostly a "state of the design" post. Nothing new to see--more of a worklist for me. While I'm not responding to any of the feedback from the last few days directly (with quotes, mentions, etc), I've read it all and incorporated items in the list below as necessary.

The design is great as-is, but we're still making quality improvements here, so it's fine with me that we're still working on it despite passing my March 1st goal of completing it.

The big TODO items (coming soon)
- mockups of existing samples swapping text/figure image left-to-right
- mockups of Eltahale, C3G Dr. Doom and Amazo
- redo blood spatter area (I agree it is too much right now)

Other remaining issues
- text or coin points?
- non-obvious breakline option for mini-area gray gradient
- generate black line above bottom bar option
- try some large numbers (10 and 80) for life, MRAD
- generate uneven bottom bar option
- higher/smaller icon option (now that we have new icons)
- which crosshairs icon to use (waiting on me modifying option B)
- double-check legibility of the size arrow/guides on a cheap printer
- final tweaks (including size of bottom bar, icons; General colors; bottom bar shadow; inset icon option; exact icons colors; icon text shade)
- assemble svgs for all logos (sf noted DanielLoche has a possible one for C3V)
- location for customs group logo
- location for special powers symbols (right side image can make this trickier)
- secret identity mockup needed
- document image processing used for TREK and Cavalier

Back-burnered
- Exact design of the back (lower priority--would rather finish the front first and get a group working on them sooner rather than later. We can add the nice card backs any time).
- Abridged versions (if we do these, only do so after unabridged are done)

Staff for the larger project
starting to identify people/resources we will soon need after the card design is complete
- Quotes: Dad_Scaper
- Miniature pictures takers: xorlof, other volunteers?, existing sources?
- Miniature image background removers: volunteers needed
- Miniature image hitzone painters: volunteers needed
- Copy n paste text sources: GaryLASQ's site for official, TBD for C3G, C3V/SoV, HoSS (suggestions?)
- Proofreaders: Tornado (C3G, if we do that in this design), AMIS, volunteers needed
- Bio writers: (card backs are back-burnered, but if someone wants to write bios while we work on the fronts, that's great, but I can't give it a lot of supervision at this point so you'll have to be a self-motivator)

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; March 2nd, 2017 at 09:25 PM. Reason: AMIS volunteered for proofreading
Old March 2nd, 2017, 05:34 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Aww crap. Looks like I am hooked now.

You are lucky I am a huge smurfs fan. Or at least was.

Had tons of figures(which I am sure would be worth a fortune now, thanks mom).
I has a smurfs' record(that is an ancient device that stored music kids). Think Alvin and the Chipmunks but hideously worse.
I had a smurfs birthday cake. Smurfs playing tennis!

- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 2nd, 2017, 05:39 PM
A Man of Taste

Once I'm satisfied Dr. Doom and Amazo workout you know I'm on board to help out at least for the C3G ones. I'd likely set up a Photoshop Template if you aren't using photoshop and create an action to toonify the mini's unless that is a process that would be delivered so that I just take care of colors and text.

Old March 2nd, 2017, 05:44 PM
Super Smurfy

Quote:
Aww crap. Looks like I am hooked now.

You are lucky I am a huge smurfs fan. Or at least was.

Had tons of figures(which I am sure would be worth a fortune now, thanks mom).
I has a smurfs' record(that is an ancient device that stored music kids). Think Alvin and the Chipmunks but hideously worse.
I had a smurfs birthday cake. Smurfs playing tennis!
Sounds Smurfy! We just finished sorting our Smurfs a few weeks ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Once I'm satisfied Dr. Doom and Amazo workout you know I'm on board to help out at least for the C3G ones. I'd likely set up a Photoshop Template if you aren't using photoshop and create an action to toonify the mini's unless that is a process that would be delivered so that I just take care of colors and text.
Sounds great! The toonification happens elsewhere.

Have you done Dr. Doom and Amazo in the JAB style yet? If so, it would be great if you could post a snapshot of those two so we have direct comparison. (I'm guessing they push the limits of both designs). Also if you happen to have good mini images for those two, I could scoop those up instead of sourcing my own.

Old March 2nd, 2017, 05:50 PM

Nice.
Are those originals?

I think you have my old supply beat but not by a lot.

I know I had a Smurf house.
I bet that would make for some sweet custom terrain if I still had it.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 2nd, 2017, 05:55 PM
Super Smurfy

Quote:
Nice.
Are those originals?

I think you have my old supply beat but not by a lot.

I know I had a Smurf house.
I bet that would make for some sweet custom terrain if I still had it.
In the image, note that there are papers under the smurf figures. They show all of the released designs and that's how I sorted them. If you follow an upside down horseshoe around the table from the bottom RIGHT to the bottom left, that roughly follows the order in which a given design was originally released. This picture was taken when we were 90% done sorting so gives a good overview of what I have the most of. You'll see the collection is heavily weighted towards the older stuff.

I have a few houses, but not a lot of the old miscellaneous buildings. I'd love to have the windmill, Garamel's castle and such. There exist good configurations to place both the small and large size houses on Heroscape hexes. And they look good on the maps.

Old March 2nd, 2017, 05:58 PM

Oh yeah, rub it in.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 2nd, 2017, 06:06 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Ill be doing a giant mushroom terrain tutorial soon.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations