Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 18th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers (MARS) Event Thread

We'll be running a Reverse the Whip* event on 5/17 in Savage. The prenatal event thread is here; all the details to come, and I still have to confirm with the shop.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; April 18th, 2014 at 10:28 AM. Reason: * ~ Heroscape, of course. Lest any passerby or lurker (or regular) get confused about what we do here. :)
Old May 14th, 2014, 09:38 PM
This is genius...

The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker

Being in Va. I'll be watching this thread for something in Va. I can't make it to this thing in Savage due to birthdays this week, but I'd love to meet some 'Scapers.

Einar is the best general... End of argument...
Old May 14th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Disciplined Soldier View Post
Being in Va. I'll be watching this thread for something in Va. I can't make it to this thing in Savage due to birthdays this week, but I'd love to meet some 'Scapers.
Not sure where in Va you are (I'm in Winchester; send me a PM if you're nearby), but Dad_Scaper throws a good party. He has tournaments in Savage three times a year or so, and they are usually attended by at least 15 to 20 people. It's very low-key and welcoming. Definitely worth the trip if you can make it sometime.
Old May 14th, 2014, 11:03 PM
This is genius...

The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Quote:
Not sure where in Va you are (I'm in Winchester; send me a PM if you're nearby), but Dad_Scaper throws a good party. He has tournaments in Savage three times a year or so, and they are usually attended by at least 15 to 20 people. It's very low-key and welcoming. Definitely worth the trip if you can make it sometime.
Being in the center of Va. (I'm like two miles from the proven geographical center) everything is over an hour and a half away. Gamers don't exist in rural Virginia it seems. But having read Dad_Scapers posts I think I would enjoy meeting him and those players he hosts.

Einar is the best general... End of argument...
Old May 14th, 2014, 11:25 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Quote:
I agree that Dad_Scaper's HS events in Savage are EXCELLENT in that they are well organized, well publicized (i.e. here and also on BBG), they are well attended, and the Family Game Store venue is clean, roomy, comfortable, accommodating, and inside a nice mall with plenty of parking. So much so that I'm willing to drive 3+ hours from NJ to participate. Unfortunately, our plans to visit family in Richmond, VA this weekend (via Savage - a halfway point) have been postponed, and thus I won't make it to this one on 5/17.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old May 15th, 2014, 12:56 PM

I just saw this post over on Board Game Geek ~dot~ COM and thought it might be "right-around-the-corner" for some of you Eastern PA guys . . .
Quote:
QUOTE from "jcarvin"

This is an automatic message to notify you that I've created an event for the Guild Berks Boardgamers in the Gaming Calendar's calendar.

Event: Game Night
Date and time: Friday May 16, 2014 at 7:00 pm
Where: 292 Salem Church Rd, Hamburg PA (Salem-Berne United Methodist Church
Description: I had moved last Friday's game night to tonight.

View all events for this Guild: http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/307#calendar

View all events for this calendar: http://boardgamegeek.com/calendar/393
For me it's still closer than Baltimore, but it's TOO long a drive for just a Fri evening, unless I was going to spend the night in Lebanon to see the Max on Sat. And since it's TOMORROW already, that's not enough lead time to coordinated multi-family activities.

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old June 16th, 2014, 12:10 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Any interest in gaming on June 28? Not 100% sure I can make it work, but I'm trying to move a few things around and thought I'd ask if anyone is free to meet at Karl's in the afternoon.
Old June 16th, 2014, 10:59 PM

Whooohooo... a "LOCAL" HeroScape event. Count me in... ~~lol~~

I'd be up for some Saturday gaming (HS, Leviathans, SW:X-Wings, casually random, or whatever). I don't know if the first day of Ramadan will affect anyone's schedule. I wouldn't want them to loose their head over a dice fest. Although this thread has been dead for about a month and it may be just the two of us. OK maybe ManOfWar if his work schedule doesn't conflict; I don't think Clan has internet access at his new location; I heard from TOM recently, that he is trying to sell his house; Arcus is probably busy with his new toddler; I believe Hose and Hosey found a group closer to their home; Spidy and PetePH have just vanished; so who else is left? It's unlikely that the NY Gang-of-four, LongIsland-Crew, Dad_Scaper, Akden, Guri_Onery, or VA players would make an appearance.

OBTW: I visited my #2 son and #1 grandson in Lebanon, PA on Saturday and since my GPS took me through West Chester, I took a detour to locate the NEW and IMPROVED Games Keep on Gay Street and stopped in to chat with Karl K. for a few minutes. *WOW* nice store, bright, airy, with plenty of space for gaming, socializing, and/or browsing. No more claustrophobia influencing my strategizing. IMHO: the parking situation was better at High Street, but there's a lot more variety of food & beverage choices available within walking distance. The two miles further from my house is only a minor nuisance because of driving through town. Anyway, we can get something going sooner than later.

Last edited by Johngee; June 16th, 2014 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling.
Old June 17th, 2014, 12:56 AM

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

What time were you there on Saturday? Ryan (my 8 year old) had a soccer tournament in West Chester, so we were there for about 45 minutes killing time. It's a great place - the play space is so much better than the old shop.

I'd love to get a 'scape event going there for July, but I have to clear the schedule first.
Old June 17th, 2014, 11:48 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I'm interested in gaming on the 28th.

I haven't disappeared Johngee, life has taken hold and games are not a priortity atm and the same for Pete.

Just because we are not playing scape every single month does not mean we don't want to or are abandoning the hobby.

Anyway, I'm good to go for the 28th! Looking forward to it.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old June 17th, 2014, 06:40 PM

Heretics.

Awesome - I'll move stuff around then. Probably after 2pm for me.
Old June 18th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Saturday is no good for me. Have fun all!

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events