Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old April 12th, 2017, 12:44 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Preferences for New Fan Fiction II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
My gut reaction for a theme of subplots (I mean, it's kind of a theme, right?) is Agent Carr. It would be cool to do a story about the humans from his timeline, maybe starting on Earth and continuing through to Valhalla (especially because it was confirmed that Isamu was about to kill Carr when he was summoned, right?). You could probably throw in other humans too. There are just so many humans in Heroscape it would be cool to see the war through all their eyes. But the one that screams subplot to me the most is agents and ninjas from the future.
For being a writer of fan fiction, there's actually a lot of lore I'm not aware of. Where is Isamu about to kill Carr?

~TGRF.
Old April 12th, 2017, 12:46 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaperedude View Post
Hmmmmm.... What about a story with the actual generals as main characters, or almost narrators, but then the bulk of the story is the sub plots of lesser characters who each are different, but are intertwined through the over arching plot of the generals/main characters? I know the idea probably won't work, but just tossing words out there....

Also I'm a big fan of Bigga's idea!
It is a possibility... another variant is having the generals as main characters before or during the discovery of the wellsprings. I don't think that's something that has been told too often.

~TGRF.
Old April 12th, 2017, 12:54 PM

I've added the current ideas to the OP, along with some of my thoughts. Nothing has clicked yet, so keep them coming!

~TGRF.
Old April 12th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Quote:
Hmmmmm.... What about a story with the actual generals as main characters, or almost narrators, but then the bulk of the story is the sub plots of lesser characters who each are different, but are intertwined through the over arching plot of the generals/main characters? I know the idea probably won't work, but just tossing words out there....

It is a possibility... another variant is having the generals as main characters before or during the discovery of the wellsprings. I don't think that's something that has been told too often.

~TGRF.
That sounds pretty cool.
Old April 12th, 2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Quote:

~TGRF.
That sounds pretty cool.
I did try something along those lines at one point in the fan fic contest. You can see the entry here if you're interested. No subplots of course, so it's still a viable idea.

~TGRF.
Old April 13th, 2017, 12:40 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
My gut reaction for a theme of subplots (I mean, it's kind of a theme, right?) is Agent Carr. It would be cool to do a story about the humans from his timeline, maybe starting on Earth and continuing through to Valhalla (especially because it was confirmed that Isamu was about to kill Carr when he was summoned, right?). You could probably throw in other humans too. There are just so many humans in Heroscape it would be cool to see the war through all their eyes. But the one that screams subplot to me the most is agents and ninjas from the future.
For being a writer of fan fiction, there's actually a lot of lore I'm not aware of. Where is Isamu about to kill Carr?

~TGRF.
I don't know if you saw the really old commercials or whatever for Heroscape, but there is a montage of scenes where characters are being summoned from their home worlds right before they die. The scene for Carr only has him about to eat a candy bar before he was summoned, which led many to believe it was poisoned. Someone official went on record saying that it wasn't, and there was someone else in the room. I think they later confirmed it to have been Isamu about to kill him, but I would have to look up the source to be 100% on that. As is I'm only about 93.7% sure of it.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 13th, 2017, 09:01 PM

@TheAverageFan You had some good advice about subplots... do you have any preferences or ideas for stories?

~TGRF.
Old April 13th, 2017, 09:25 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes. Write a story about Brunak and Raelin becoming best friends.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 14th, 2017, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Yes. Write a story about Brunak and Raelin becoming best friends.

~TAF
Seriously? Because I could totally do that.

~TGRF. No joke.
Old April 14th, 2017, 12:31 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Do it. I've always wanted to read a story about that.

~TAF, dead serious

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 14th, 2017, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Do it. I've always wanted to read a story about that.

~TAF, dead serious
It doesn't leave much room for subplots (at least not the version I have in mind), but if you can get it in the fan fic competition if it ever gets going again, I'll do it.

~TGRF.
Old April 14th, 2017, 01:50 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Reading your OP I'd say go with the option that had the highest percent chance of taking off, namely the Agent Carr one. Most of the replies sense then were a TLDR situation so idk if you received other advice or feedback you would rather act on, but I won't be offended if you had. Man its been forever since I have taken the time to sit down and read any fanfics, I probably need to check your thread list and make sure I didn't miss anything.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction