Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old August 9th, 2013, 03:57 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: Sentinel Painting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Nice job. I really like how you enhanced their ski tones and clothes...but I can't say I like the wings. They do not look like Jandar's wings anymore and IMO separate them from Jardar's distinctive look.
I personally think that the wings appear more Jandarian; it's the green pants/kilt that seem/s a tad out of place.
I was thinking about doing the kilts/pants a nice light blue. I leaned towards the green because I wanted them to have a nice Viking look to them along with the Silver and Sky Blue wings that still said "I fight and serve Jandar". IMO the pants would have over done the Jandar look but I think all of you will really enjoy what's coming up next.
Old August 20th, 2013, 01:45 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: Sentinel Painting.

Hello all.

Sorry for the delay on the new repaints. I do however, have a new one for you. I present to you, Raelin! Please leave any comments or concerns bellow and as always. Enjoy!:
Raelin
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Raelin Painting.

Pretty sweet! I like how you alternate between colors on the wing. Really gives it a distinct look!
Old August 20th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

She looks ready for all-out war with the darker armor.
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:28 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great repaint, but have you ever tried re-positioning the bent spear?

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old August 20th, 2013, 06:10 PM
...Something unique

The miniature in general was bent. Since I have like 5 Raelin's I wanted to paint the worst one just incase she didn't turn out well. Now I know in the future to choose the better one, eh?
Old August 20th, 2013, 06:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I have not tried it myself yet but you are suppose to be able to fix the bent parts by boiling the mini, repositioning the hot plastic, then immediately putting it in the freezer so the new position will set in the fixed position. Not a good idea for something you already painted with water based paints, so give it a try next time before you do give a Heroscape figure a paint job. Same technique is suppose to work for the new Reaper plastic minis if you have any of those, except the water does not need to actually boil it just needs to get pretty warm. Again, I have not tried this myself but plan on doing so at some point.
Old August 20th, 2013, 06:56 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The wings look awesome!

When I saw the title 'Raelin Painting', my mind immediately flashed to something reminiscent of the Kramer painting on Seinfeld.
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I noticed a little bit of paint on the base, and I know how annoying that can be. If you really want to keep paint off the base, cover the base with painters tape. It does take a little bit, but you can't argue with the paint free results! Just make sure to take the tape of slowly... If you rip it off, you can peel up the base sticker.
Old August 20th, 2013, 08:00 PM
...Something unique

Thanks for the pointer Orgsbane, I just learned that I'm going to just debase them next time (them meaning that my next repaint is more than one) Then just glue them in place after the painting process is completed.
Old August 20th, 2013, 08:17 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
I noticed a little bit of paint on the base, and I know how annoying that can be. If you really want to keep paint off the base, cover the base with painters tape. It does take a little bit, but you can't argue with the paint free results! Just make sure to take the tape of slowly... If you rip it off, you can peel up the base sticker.
The painters tape works well, but you're right that it can tear the sticker if you're not careful. I've found in the past that electrical tape peels more easily; I don't remember having harmed a single sticker with it.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old August 21st, 2013, 05:41 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I have not tried it myself yet but you are suppose to be able to fix the bent parts by boiling the mini, repositioning the hot plastic, then immediately putting it in the freezer so the new position will set in the fixed position. Not a good idea for something you already painted with water based paints, so give it a try next time before you do give a Heroscape figure a paint job. Same technique is suppose to work for the new Reaper plastic minis if you have any of those, except the water does not need to actually boil it just needs to get pretty warm. Again, I have not tried this myself but plan on doing so at some point.
Most mini's can be re-positioned by holding them in hot water, moving parts with a utensil, & immediately placed in cool water. I have never tested it with 'scape, so I was wondering if someone else tried it.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions