Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old March 29th, 2020, 02:36 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 3/28 - Just eight new c

Ah, fair! Hoplitron does present some problems as far as melee Soulborgs.
Old March 29th, 2020, 05:30 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I really like the look of those - especially your version of a large water elemental. I actually picked up that mini with the idea of creating my own custom. I like yours better.

Just a thought on the Yeti: the Snow and Ice Tracking feels a little convoluted. It makes me wonder if he moves normally on snow and ice only when he's using the tracking ability, or is it intended to work like the already existing power Snow and Ice Enhanced Movement?

Cool stuff here Bigga!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old March 29th, 2020, 08:45 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
I really like the look of those - especially your version of a large water elemental. I actually picked up that mini with the idea of creating my own custom. I like yours better.

Just a thought on the Yeti: the Snow and Ice Tracking feels a little convoluted. It makes me wonder if he moves normally on snow and ice only when he's using the tracking ability, or is it intended to work like the already existing power Snow and Ice Enhanced Movement?

Cool stuff here Bigga!
The water elemental mini is so cool! Especially if you do some drybrushing to highlight the features.

Hm, yeah that's a good point on the Yeti. The intent is that he always gets to ignore heavy snow/slippery ice, but it does come across weird when a part of the tracking power. Got too greedy with my power bundling there.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 29th, 2020, 11:27 PM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:

Cool stuff here Bigga!
The water elemental mini is so cool! Especially if you do some drybrushing to highlight the features.

Hm, yeah that's a good point on the Yeti. The intent is that he always gets to ignore heavy snow/slippery ice, but it does come across weird when a part of the tracking power. Got too greedy with my power bundling there.
I've got the transparent looking one. Still cool, but not nearly as awesome as the mini you've got on that card.

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old March 30th, 2020, 12:34 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I've got the transparent looking one. Still cool, but not nearly as awesome as the mini you've got on that card.
Oh yeah, it's the same mini. It's just a little bit of paint added to turn it from this:

Into this:

The second one is mine. Not great picture quality, but just showing how a little highlighting with a drybrush can bring out the features while still keeping the translucency.

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 30th, 2020, 12:36 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Any SoV plans for these? If the availability is there I'd love to give any of these a whirl.
Old March 30th, 2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Any SoV plans for these? If the availability is there I'd love to give any of these a whirl.
Thanks, that's a big compliment! Though... I think the only one that would have the availability is the Water Elemental since I believe it's still in production, like Avernus's mini is. The other ones are all old ones that I picked up a long time ago and have just over the last few months finally finished, though the basic designs were in place for a good while before that.

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; March 30th, 2020 at 01:52 PM.
Old March 30th, 2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Oh yeah, it's the same mini. It's just a little bit of paint added to turn it from this:

Into this:

The second one is mine. Not great picture quality, but just showing how a little highlighting with a drybrush can bring out the features while still keeping the translucency.
That's awesome! Guess I'll be doing that then.

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks, that's a big compliment! Though... I think the only one that would have the availability is the Water Elemental since I believe it's still in production, like Avernus's mini is. The other ones are all old ones that I picked up a long time ago and have just one the last few months finally finished, though the basic designs were in place for a good while before that.
If you don't put the water elemental forward yourself, then I'm going to nominate it to the SOV for you - just so you know. Honestly, it was my favorite design of all of them (the others are good too though). And it fills a gap that's just begging to be filled.

Old March 30th, 2020, 02:09 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Question about Proteus: Is it single-spaced? I'm assuming so but not 100% sure.

EDIT: by the way I fixed your images so they display at full resolution
Old March 30th, 2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
If you don't put the water elemental forward yourself, then I'm going to nominate it to the SOV for you - just so you know. Honestly, it was my favorite design of all of them (the others are good too though). And it fills a gap that's just begging to be filled.
I'd be flattered. All I was worried about with him was giving @TrueMurray another big guy to play with Talingul armies, since Talingul and Avernus are his favorites.
Quote:
Question about Proteus: Is it single-spaced? I'm assuming so but not 100% sure.
I've been using him as double-spaced, but I just checked and he would fit on a single-space large. There's a bit of overhang, but he fits on the hexes well and can slide into a 5-hex hole easily (there's just enough overhang that he wouldn't fit into a full 6-hex hole. I guess if he were going for SoV nomination, that would have to be figured out, since I've been pretty loosey goosey with double spaced Water Tunnel but I'm not sure if it would actually work as far as VC editing goes.

Quote:
EDIT: by the way I fixed your images so they display at full resolution
Thanks so much! That was actually bugging me a lot and I was trying to figure out how to fix it. Is that something I can fix on my own in the future or was it a moderator thing?

10 Points Under Videos

Old March 30th, 2020, 03:59 PM
This is merely a joke.

Short version: the image URL had width and height parameters in it, because you got it from the preview image and not the original image.

Long version:
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 30th, 2020, 05:06 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I'm in favor of a submission here as well...except for a couple quibbles that I think might need some tuning:

- Wave Push should allow falling damage imo. I think that thematically it makes sense that water could push someone off a cliff to their doom and it would be pretty darn fun to get him up onto a ledge and just push units off that come up to get him.
- I think +3 range seems a bit much when he already has 5. I feel like range 7+ should be left to those with "sharpshooting" mechanics, guns, abilities, weapons etc. I can't reasonably see a water attack accurately and effectively dealing damage to a unit 8 spaces away, especially if they're behind a wall or tree or something but their tail is poking out. Maybe just leave it to the attack buff? Or just do Water Mastery and call it good. I mean Avernus is basically a fire elemental but with a twist. Proteus could be the same i.e. have the same abilities as a Water elemental but with a twist (increased stats and a "new" water ability with the Wave Push)
- Single-hex. Sounds like to SF he fits, probably save a headache with the water tunnel to make him single spaced.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards