Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 28th, 2020, 06:02 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Flash_19's Customs

I've been sitting on some ideas for this guy for a while. He's another figure that a lot of scapers probably have, but nothing has been done with him that I know of. The last piece of the puzzle seemed to click earlier today.

Miniature:

I feel like there's something better than "Mechanic" for his class (though that's Beorn Boltcutters class, and they definitely have a similar flavor). But overall, his powers seem to fit the theme of the mini, and he still seems to fit in nicely with other Goblins as well.

Obviously Dismantle Special Attack will need to be fine tuned to get the right d-20 roll, and he may need to be priced a little higher. But overall I'm happy with him enough to post him for some feedback.

I'd love to hear any thoughts or suggestions you might have!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old April 28th, 2020, 06:05 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think for Dismantle, it should trigger if the defender doesn't roll excess shields.
Old April 28th, 2020, 06:14 PM

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I think for Dismantle, it should trigger if the defender doesn't roll excess shields.
Do you mean if the figure doesn't roll excess shields, the figure is automatically destroyed without a d-20 roll?

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old April 28th, 2020, 06:24 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

No, that would be super powerful haha. I was thinking something like this:

DISMANTLE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
Dismantle Special Attack can only be used to attack Soulborgs. If the defending figure does not roll any excess shields when rolling defense dice, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 19 or 20, destroy the defending figure.
Old April 28th, 2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
No, that would be super powerful haha. I was thinking something like this:

DISMANTLE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
Dismantle Special Attack can only be used to attack Soulborgs. If the defending figure does not roll any excess shields when rolling defense dice, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 19 or 20, destroy the defending figure.
Yeah that's definitely much better than automatic destruction.

I like that theme tie in to Beorn - that's a really cool idea! That change also increases the likelihood of being able to roll for the destruction to a reasonable level. The power is already quite limited with both the d-20 roll and restriction to Soulborgs.

Old April 29th, 2020, 01:06 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

The card more represents a sabetour than that of a mechanic. Being a mechanic myself, I rarely tear things apart to destroy them. Goblin sabetour would be a better representation. The plus points for beorn boltcutter is he upgrades the solbourgs. Which is very much the trait of a mechanic. If the card represents your impression of a mechanic, then you should find a new shop. to take your car to.

Edit. I probably spelled sabetour wrong.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 30th, 2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
The card more represents a sabetour than that of a mechanic. Being a mechanic myself, I rarely tear things apart to destroy them. Goblin sabetour would be a better representation. The plus points for beorn boltcutter is he upgrades the solbourgs. Which is very much the trait of a mechanic. If the card represents your impression of a mechanic, then you should find a new shop. to take your car to.

Edit. I probably spelled sabetour wrong.
That's a great suggestion - thanks very much TREX! Maybe I was just being influenced too much by the big wrench in his hand.

Old June 4th, 2020, 05:09 PM

The latest iteration of Major F19.

This version reflects some suggestions and feedback from @BiggaBullfrog , @TrueMurray , and @kevindola . Thanks so much for your help - along with those who have given feedback before!

Old June 6th, 2020, 05:57 PM

If you've looked at this thread before, you're probably sensing a trend regarding my recent designs / choice of miniatures...

Another idea I've been mulling over for awhile for another mini in the Pathfinders Iconic Heroes pack - the Harsk Dwarf Ranger

I had a version with Fearless Advantage instead of Dwarven Axes, but felt like this design played a little more to the Dwarf Ranger/Hunter theme. Maybe Fearless Advantage is a better design choice, but I tried to build a similar element into the Special Attack.

I am trying to be really careful, because axegrinders are already a really powerful squad. It was the bonding opportunity that largely influenced the Special attack having range, and not the base stat reflecting the range.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Old October 16th, 2020, 12:19 PM

Been working on a couple ideas for this mini not being used by C3V from the Starfinder packs.

Here are two ideas I've been toying with - obviously this is still in the brainstorming stage (pun intended ), so there are still a lot of kinks to be worked out. I'd really appreciate some thoughts on the ideas though:

Option A:

I like the basic elements of this design - however, it feels like it's missing something that could make it a lot better. The design seems almost too simple for a mini such as this (credit to @BiggaBullfrog for that observation). Plus, I worry about the power level when combined with Raelin. I have actually debated stealing the Scrambled Communications ability from my other custom, Major F19 - see Spoiler, and adding it here (or some other order marker manipulation power), though that might complicate it too much.
Spoiler Alert!

Option B:

I like this iteration more than the other, but it feels like it could potentially be problematic ( @Scytale , would the wording of Mind Control on Option B present too much of a challenge rules-wise?). I do like the flexibility of the power in being able to potentially attack with your own units, as well as enemy units.

For both designs, I like how they work better against ranged units than most melee units (a huge plus in my book), since melee units just need to spread out to avoid attacking each other.

Thanks for reading, and I would love to hear any thoughts you have!

EDIT: No, I was not going to leave the name as "Brain". However, "Pinky" is still an option on the table.

Old October 16th, 2020, 12:58 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Oooo, I like Brain!!! So simple and yet quite good game decisions.

For Tele 16 though I'd remove that he can't use it himself. It's already a roll of 16 or higher, so it's not going to keep him alive every time he's targeted...and I think it'd be more thematic for him to be able to defend himself with it...cause after all, he's pretty cushy. I like it.

for the Mind Control version... I also really like it. I'm sure Scytale will go a bit nuts...but I'm not sure...it seems problematic...but I don't know specifically how...he would though. If not though, then I really like it, it seems really simple and fun.

Good options here for Brain!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 16th, 2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Oooo, I like Brain!!! So simple and yet quite good game decisions.

For Tele 16 though I'd remove that he can't use it himself. It's already a roll of 16 or higher, so it's not going to keep him alive every time he's targeted...and I think it'd be more thematic for him to be able to defend himself with it...cause after all, he's pretty cushy. I like it.
Thanks for your feedback Sir H! The inclusion of that clause was to try and make him less powerful with Raelin, but you make a great point. And obviously playtesting could influence the d-20 roll.

Quote:
for the Mind Control version... I also really like it. I'm sure Scytale will go a bit nuts...but I'm not sure...it seems problematic...but I don't know specifically how...he would though. If not though, then I really like it, it seems really simple and fun.

Good options here for Brain!
That was exactly what I was thinking - it seemed like it would be problematic, but I can't put my finger on what would make it a problem - particularly if Special Attacks and Special Abilities can't be used, and the figure can't be moved. My guess is if the power would have to use the phrase "take a turn" - that would have some ramifications I guess...

Thanks again!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards