Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 19th, 2020, 01:12 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
The Book of Shadow Fiend

The Book of Shadow Fiend
Looming Shadows

Basic Side Army Card
Spoiler Alert!

PDF download for printing.

The figure used for this unit is Shadow Demon figure from Reaper Miniatures.

Biography : TBA...
Quote:
SHADOW SWOOP
After moving and before attacking, if a Shadow Fiend used its Flying special power this turn you may choose a Squad figure it passed over this turn and roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for every other Shadow figure you control adjacent to the chosen figure. If you roll a 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for a Shadow Fiend's movement, ignore elevations. A Shadow Fiend may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If a Shadow Fiend is engaged when it starts to fly, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Synergy Benefits Offered:
XUNDAR: Shadow Cast Special Attack
As a Shadow figure, the Shadow Hound may assist Xundar by providing potentially 1 additional attack die for his Shadow Cast Special Attack.

Synergy Benefits Received:
XUNDAR: Master of Shadows
As a Shadow figure, the Shadow Hound may benefit from Xundar's Master of Shadows ability to take a turn.
Synergy Imposed / Other:

Power Ranking and Master Index

Unit Strategy Review

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; November 9th, 2021 at 01:59 PM.
Old October 15th, 2020, 11:04 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Shadow Fiend

Since the Books are the first place I look for information, I figured this belonged here. So earlier this week I was looking into buying some of these from reapermini.com. The miniatures they are selling are blue, not purple as indicated on the card.

I asked the helpline and got this response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper User Support
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper User Support
Quote:
Hello,

This email inquiry is in regard to the following products.

77366 Shadow Hound
77367 Spell Effect: Shadow Tentacles (2)
77368 Shadow Demon

The image on your website shows the Shadow Demon as being made of a blue-transparent plastic, whereas the other two are made of a purple-transparent plastic. I can find the Shadow Demon in purple on Amazon at almost double the price. Is the blue color correct? Is it possible to guarantee upon order that I only get purple ones? I am looking to buy 5-6 of each, but only if they all match in color.

Thanks for the information.
The blue color is what we currently have in stock for the Shadow Demon. The other two are both in purple. Hope this answers your question!
Thanks for the quick response. That does answer my question. Second question: is it possible to purchase just the large tentacle and not the pair of them? I have no need for the small ones.
Unfortunately it is not. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
No problem, I figured this was the case, but figured I would ask anyways. Thanks for getting back to me.
After asking around the discord and doing some digging through the SoV nominations thread; I came across this link.

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.p...tamiya-clears/

It is a type of paint that keeps the end product transparent, the link shows the purple mini turned into a rainbow of colors.

These paints could be useful for anyone who has to buy the blue ones and wants them to match the purple of the other Shadows.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; November 13th, 2020 at 02:47 PM.
Old October 15th, 2020, 11:20 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Well, the purple ones are the same price as the blue ones on ebay HERE

Also, that's interesting that they gave you that answer because I asked the same question to them (just to double check) back in April, that is I asked if they were planning on discontinuing the purple ones and this was their response...

Quote:
I am not aware of plans to "no longer manufacture these in purple". We have manufactured some of our transparent miniatures in alternative colors for special edition figures, and once in a while we accidentally order the wrong color (the color code gets mistyped or is read incorrectly by our supplier), but as far as I know the intent is to keep the original colors. Hope this helps!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 16th, 2020, 07:15 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Also, that's interesting that they gave you that answer because I asked the same question to them (just to double check) back in April, that is I asked if they were planning on discontinuing the purple ones and this was their response...

Quote:
I am not aware of plans to "no longer manufacture these in purple". We have manufactured some of our transparent miniatures in alternative colors for special edition figures, and once in a while we accidentally order the wrong color (the color code gets mistyped or is read incorrectly by our supplier), but as far as I know the intent is to keep the original colors. Hope this helps!

The only scenario I can find here that matches both answers from them is that their supplier made a mistake in last production line and put some blue paint instead of purple...

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old October 16th, 2020, 10:51 AM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Quote:

Quote:

The only scenario I can find here that matches both answers from them is that their supplier made a mistake in last production line and put some blue paint instead of purple...
Well at least the information is here incase anyone needs it. I was able to get a set of purple ones on ebay for myself.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; November 13th, 2020 at 02:47 PM.
Old October 21st, 2020, 04:51 PM

XThorSavageX knows what's in an order marker XThorSavageX knows what's in an order marker

1) is there a way to have links to Shaw does/Xundar on all books.

2) while basing these did you cut them or just glue it as it
Old October 25th, 2020, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XThorSavageX View Post
1) is there a way to have links to Shaw does/Xundar on all books.

2) while basing these did you cut them or just glue it as it
Yeah, I'll get the links up to the other books.

For the Fiends I just glued them on with their original base since it fit just fine on a base.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 18th, 2021, 04:01 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

This one has two mismatches between the card and the text transcript, and a typo on the actual army card. To be thorough here, I need to back up just a little ...

Across the game, STEALTH FLYING has two different wording templates (and then there's Taelord, but that's another story). The minority template is used by Air Elemental, Banshees of Durgeth Swamp, Boreos, and Phantom Knights:
If [unit] is engaged when [he/she/it] starts to fly, [he/she/it] will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
The majority template is used by Cyprien Esenwein, The Einar Imperium, Empress Kiova, Shades of Bleakwoode, Silver Surfer, and Shadow Fiend:
When [unit] starts to fly, if [he/she/it] is engaged [he/she/it] will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
While the Shadow Fiend's army card uses the majority template, the text transcript has the minority template. However, the army card's minority template is mistyped because it includes a comma after the word "engaged," but this comma should not be there. Thus in the corrections below, I will insert the missing comma in SHADOW SWOOP and delete the inappropriate comma in STEALTH FLYING.

Quote:
SHADOW SWOOP
After moving and before attacking, if a Shadow Fiend used its Flying special power this turn, you may choose a Squad figure it passed over this turn and roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for every other Shadow figure you control adjacent to the chosen figure. If you roll a 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for a Shadow Fiend's movement, ignore elevations. A Shadow Fiend may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If a Shadow Fiend is engaged when it starts to fly When a Shadow Fiend starts to fly, if it is engaged, << delete comma it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Just to be clear, that comma deletion should happen on the army card as well. None of the other figures using the majority template have it.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old January 27th, 2022, 07:20 PM

GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker

I have a question concerning this power.

SHADOW SWOOP
After moving and before attacking, if a Shadow Fiend used its Flying special power this turn you may choose a Squad figure it passed over this turn and roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for every other Shadow figure you control adjacent to the chosen figure. If you roll a 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound.
Is line of sight required to use this, as it would be possible to fly over a figure and then behind an obstruction?
Old January 27th, 2022, 08:41 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

No LoS required.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs