Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 10th, 2020, 03:59 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Flash_19's Maps: New Map 6/27/20

totally unrelated...

just noticed you have a signature now Flash! Nicely done, I want to officially welcome you to Heroscapers.com

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 10th, 2020, 04:14 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Shadow Caverns? I'm not familiar with that scenario... I usually only play official ones (or the heroscapers exclusive ones).
Well it's semi-official, it was the 'lost campaign' that surfaced a bit after the game was cancelled. You should definitely check it out at the very least for the interesting way they handled 3 and 4 player using blind OM drawings each round.

Link to Shadow Caverns

Quote:
Awesome! I'll remember that! It will likely be about 3 months before I anticipate having the next version ready for playtest. I have a lot of projects I'm working on at the moment - including a really really time consuming master's degree. When it eases up at the end of the summer I'll have more time for some of my heroscape projects that got pushed to the side.
Well I suppose I can understand being busy with your master's Can't wait to give it a go when you've got more time!
Old July 10th, 2020, 05:00 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Quote:
Shadow Caverns? I'm not familiar with that scenario... I usually only play official ones (or the heroscapers exclusive ones).
Well it's semi-official, it was the 'lost campaign' that surfaced a bit after the game was cancelled. You should definitely check it out at the very least for the interesting way they handled 3 and 4 player using blind OM drawings each round.

Link to Shadow Caverns
Thanks so much for posting that - can't believe I've never seen it before! I'll definitely take a look at it.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old July 10th, 2020, 05:04 PM

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
totally unrelated...

just noticed you have a signature now Flash! Nicely done, I want to officially welcome you to Heroscapers.com
Lol - I've always had a signature, but it was just one line of text until recently. I just decided to make it a little more... flashy.

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Last edited by Flash_19; July 10th, 2020 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Yay for bad puns! :)
Old July 15th, 2020, 11:32 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played three games on Mist and Shadow a few days ago. We ran three different ~350 pt armies ala Matthias Maccabeus' fun D20 army decider idea. Development was a breeze with 5 move figs in the front starting zone line able to grab level 2 out the gate, and a second turn got those same figures nice chunks of height, shadow, and/or concealment from the LOS blocks. Back SZ line figs also mostly had a shadow space or good hiding spot waiting for them on their first activation. We didn't play any map breaking armies per say, but I can see that care has been taken to keep the most open perches more than 6 move apart. Raelin has some options, but they're prone to opponents and/or have restricted LOS. In my Sudema/PK army I attempted a Sudema pod with PKs keeping her blocked in safe between a couple outcrops, but my opponent was able to quickly dismantle it with some supporting height in the right places and shadow to cover their advance. Each of our three games felt different in how the action played out and we were both having fun experimenting with novel start zone positioning with neither concentration in the north or south of the SZs seeming to tip the advantage in any unbalanced way. I really like the way Mist and Shadow provides a huge amount of LOS block options without ever feeling constricted or haphazard. The map was certainly gorgeous on the table to boot and the way it played definitely got a few compliments from the wife as well (she also played a GIE build and Deepwyrm Drow build so she especially liked it, going 3-0 )!

This absolutely seems like another fantastic addition to your atlas Flash. Well done!
Old July 16th, 2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Played three games on Mist and Shadow a few days ago. We ran three different ~350 pt armies ala Matthias Maccabeus' fun D20 army decider idea. Development was a breeze with 5 move figs in the front starting zone line able to grab level 2 out the gate, and a second turn got those same figures nice chunks of height, shadow, and/or concealment from the LOS blocks. Back SZ line figs also mostly had a shadow space or good hiding spot waiting for them on their first activation. We didn't play any map breaking armies per say, but I can see that care has been taken to keep the most open perches more than 6 move apart. Raelin has some options, but they're prone to opponents and/or have restricted LOS. In my Sudema/PK army I attempted a Sudema pod with PKs keeping her blocked in safe between a couple outcrops, but my opponent was able to quickly dismantle it with some supporting height in the right places and shadow to cover their advance. Each of our three games felt different in how the action played out and we were both having fun experimenting with novel start zone positioning with neither concentration in the north or south of the SZs seeming to tip the advantage in any unbalanced way. I really like the way Mist and Shadow provides a huge amount of LOS block options without ever feeling constricted or haphazard. The map was certainly gorgeous on the table to boot and the way it played definitely got a few compliments from the wife as well (she also played a GIE build and Deepwyrm Drow build so she especially liked it, going 3-0 )!

This absolutely seems like another fantastic addition to your atlas Flash. Well done!
Thanks so much Ulysses! I'm glad you enjoyed the map and had some fun games on it - even if they ended up a little rough for ya.

Old October 3rd, 2020, 10:52 PM

Two new maps today!

Legendary:
Requires 2x RotV, 1x RttFF, 1x FoA, 1x TJ

Destiny:
Requires 2x RotV, 2x RttFF, 1x FoA, 1x TJ

Old October 4th, 2020, 11:27 PM

If you downloaded Destiny:

Sorry, but I just realized I made a small mistake in the build instructions. That mistake has been fixed, but you'll want to redownload it (there was a hex missing in the build instructions).

Old October 7th, 2020, 05:59 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Two new maps today!

Legendary:

Destiny:
Really digging both of these! I'm curious how much playtesting you've able to do for either (especially Destiny). I'm always in search of that elusive map with castle towers that is somewhat balanced. It seems like the jungle might help to mitigate the advantages fo the castle. As well as the fact that there are plenty of ways to get to the top via ladders or walking.
Old October 7th, 2020, 07:26 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

been a while since I've seen you post @rednax ! good to hear from you. When's your next map going to be posted?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 7th, 2020, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Quote:
Two new maps today!

Legendary:

Destiny:
Really digging both of these! I'm curious how much playtesting you've able to do for either (especially Destiny). I'm always in search of that elusive map with castle towers that is somewhat balanced. It seems like the jungle might help to mitigate the advantages fo the castle. As well as the fact that there are plenty of ways to get to the top via ladders or walking.
Thanks for that Rednax! Always good to see you posting these days.

As much as it pains me to say it, I was not able to playtest them very much. Covid and a Master's degree has severely limited my ability to playtest as much as I'd like. I can say that Destiny has been theory-scaped to death if that makes you feel better, lol. And yes, my hope was to create as balanced a map as I could that didn't have to be tournament standard. Hopefully the jungle and ladder placement will make that possible.

While I don't think I put it in the build instructions, I would probably lean towards playing with Valda and Wannok to try and balance it even more. Another big problem with castle maps is double based figures - and while I think Destiny does a good job accommodating double based figures compared to other castle maps, Wannok might help make that match up a little easier. I can't really see Marutuk fitting everywhere on the map very well, plus figures like Marrden hounds can't hit the highest towers.

If you end up playing it, let me know what thoughts you have! I'd love to hear them.

Old October 8th, 2020, 11:40 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
been a while since I've seen you post [MENTION=7961]rednax[/MENTION] ! good to hear from you. When's your next map going to be posted?
Haha. I've been spending the last few years trying to focus on my music career, so not much time for Heroscape at the moment. Not to mention, I don't have any friends nearby who play. And the pandemic is really not conducive to making new friends.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Quote:
Two new maps today!

Legendary:

Destiny:
Thanks for that Rednax! Always good to see you posting these days.

As much as it pains me to say it, I was not able to playtest them very much. Covid and a Master's degree has severely limited my ability to playtest as much as I'd like. I can say that Destiny has been theory-scaped to death if that makes you feel better, lol. And yes, my hope was to create as balanced a map as I could that didn't have to be tournament standard. Hopefully the jungle and ladder placement will make that possible.

While I don't think I put it in the build instructions, I would probably lean towards playing with Valda and Wannok to try and balance it even more. Another big problem with castle maps is double based figures - and while I think Destiny does a good job accommodating double based figures compared to other castle maps, Wannok might help make that match up a little easier. I can't really see Marutuk fitting everywhere on the map very well, plus figures like Marrden hounds can't hit the highest towers.

If you end up playing it, let me know what thoughts you have! I'd love to hear them.
That's totally fair. Sometimes you just gotta rely on Theoryscape to an extent. It's pretty hard for a castle map to ever be truly tournament ready, but I think this one has the potential to be somewhere in that middle ground of suitable for casual play while still being somewhat balanced.

And nice choice on Valda and Wannok. Those are my two favorite, and I think they do a really good job of helping melee figures!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios