Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 7th, 2020, 01:05 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Heroscape Unleashed Rulebook: Compilation PDF11/13/19

Im working on the update to my pdf currently. I had to pull some of my old files from my computer and put them on the laptop. Im very excited about this latest variant that also uses gridless. I wonder how much interest there would be in a lets play video of it on a gridless map. If there is enough of an interest for it, I wonder if I could talk @Sir Heroscape or @BiggaBullfrog into doing a video on it at one of the monthly utah tournaments before or after the tournament for their channel. If its something people would like to see let me know.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 10th, 2020, 12:02 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Heroscape Unleashed Rulebook: Compilation PDF11/13/19

deleted

Last edited by TREX; August 2nd, 2021 at 05:38 AM.
Old October 10th, 2020, 12:16 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape Unleashed Rulebook PDF: Update 10/09/20

hey @TREX , as a curiosity, don't you find that moving away from the order marker system that heroscape is based on changes the strategy that is part of the original game? What made it necessary in this hexless battlefield to do that?

It's just in my opinion that is the main difference between Heroscape & the other miniature games/rules & what makes Heroscape unique.

Also I'm not clear on your rules for going up terrain. is there height limitations like HS? What if you only have enough movement to get partially up?
Old October 10th, 2020, 02:02 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
hey @TREX , as a curiosity, don't you find that moving away from the order marker system that heroscape is based on changes the strategy that is part of the original game? What made it necessary in this hexless battlefield to do that?

It's just in my opinion that is the main difference between Heroscape & the other miniature games/rules & what makes Heroscape unique.

Also I'm not clear on your rules for going up terrain. is there height limitations like HS? What if you only have enough movement to get partially up?
So the Gridless system by itself, uses Original Heroscape Rules including Order Markers. You can use my latest variant with Gridless scape. I have it specified in the Gridless section that you use half spaces to go up and down terrain. You can not go up something that is higher than your move value. This, as is a bunch of things just references the original rulebook. Everything is as regular Heroscape, unless mentioned as a change in the rulebook. With the Heroscape Legions Variant, The Order Markers are not done away with, but just used in a different capacity. This is how all figures get to play, and only take one turn. Everything else about it is pretty close to the same. So short story is. If you want to use the Gridless system.(Its great) and play regular heroscape on awesome terrain, you can. As far as a character being able to end its move on something goes. If it sits, it fits comes into play. So if you are playing on a big castle, you still may want to have some kind of ladders on there for your characters to stop movement on there. They just don't have to line up with a specific hex.

What makes Heroscape Heroscape for me is quite a few things. For starters, Theme. All Genres of warriors and fighters from all times and places coming to gether in battle. There is no other game that does this. The combat system is pretty good to, and simple enough for even small kids to understand. Sure, the order markers give a strategy for play. Its not bad at all. What it does though, is make you have to pick the best units to recieve the order markers or you will lose. I like Heroscape in its traditional capacity but what has always bothered me about the system is how the entire army sits there while only 3 units worth of figures get to do combat, and in some cases all three turns are on your mvp. That's where these other variants come into play. I want to do battle with them all, every round. I want to play with all my toys, not just a couple, then a few more when they die, then a few more. I play with C3G figures this way as well, and its awesome. These variants keep it fresh for me. I've been playing this game a long time.(As I'm sure you have also) I just need it to keep me interested, and that means it needs to be fun. Awhile back I sold off a bunch of my Heroscape. I started testing my latest variant about a year ago and low and behold, I'm resin printing it back to 120%.
Hopefully that answers your questions, and thanks for the questions.

Old October 10th, 2020, 02:14 AM
"like" happy

@A3n , I'd also really love to get a play through video of some of these variants uploaded to show my fellow scapers what exactly they are missing out on here. Its so much fun, I would love to share it with everyone in a better perceived capacity. I have quite a few talents, but video making isn't really one of them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions