Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old August 24th, 2006, 08:54 AM

Vette71 has disabled reputation
Toys R Us sale

My wife just got an email this morning that if she logs in to her TRU account and shops today, she will automatically receive 20% off at checkout. Apparently it's to promote their new website for returning customers. I logged in happily after getting her info, but all they list is a $39.99 MS, 19.99 Heroes of Laur, but what's not too bad is 15.99 VW. With 20% off, that wouldn't be a bad buy for anyone that doesn't have one or wants an extra or two.
Old August 24th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I was sooooo hoping this was an announcement for another BOGO sale.

Old August 24th, 2006, 12:06 PM

geddy lifeson has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
As were the other 120 people who viewed this post.

You can surrender without a prayer, but never really pray without surrender
You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win without a fight
Old August 24th, 2006, 12:38 PM

brokeasajoke has disabled reputation
I remember seeing something on the BGG. Something about Toys R Us changed management & that they have discontinued the buy-1-get-1-free sales. As evidence, they pointed towards TRU missing the last B1G1F sale season.

Figures, now that I have a Toys R Us that actually carries expansions...
Old August 24th, 2006, 12:44 PM

chewbaccapits is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
First Pluto and now, no more BOGO sales.....BOOOOO....

Raaaawwww
Old August 24th, 2006, 01:38 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbaccapits
First Pluto and now, no more BOGO sales.....BOOOOO....
Haven't you heard? Pluto is back in! It's a planet again! Yay!

Of course, the dispute rages on....according to the new definition, like three or four other objects in the Solar System could be considered planets too.
Old August 24th, 2006, 01:56 PM

bushi96 has disabled reputation
As fo today, Pluto is no longer a planet and TrU is no longer having BOGO sales. When will the insanity end?

"I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat animals who are"
~G. Marx~
Old August 24th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Pluto has been down graded to Dwarf Planet, a category which includes Ceres and Xena along with Pluto. So from this there may be hope that the BOGO might return in some form with additional sales!

HUH?!? That don't make no lick a sense ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old August 25th, 2006, 10:29 PM

HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Bad news about any upcoming Toys R Us BOGO deal this fall. In the past, I've purchased a lot of Hasbro stuff during these BOGOs (last year we rented a moving van to tote it all back to the store), so I have "friends in high places". Apparently this fall's BOGO has been shelved (no pun intended) and is being replaced by a much less lucrative (for us) and much less expensive (for Toys R Us) in-store promotion of some sort. I, too, was looking forward to the BOGO because I could have restocked a lot of inventory at less than my wholesale price. But it ain't goin' happen this year. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...don't shoot the messenger.
Old August 25th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thanks for the inside information, Sandra! Sounds like a lose/lose situation on all fronts.

Newb.
Old August 25th, 2006, 11:52 PM

geddy lifeson has disabled reputation
I sense many unhappy scapers around the country.

You can surrender without a prayer, but never really pray without surrender
You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win without a fight
Old August 25th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
what? pluto is not a planet now? Who came up with that. GW? Sounds like something he'd pull out his balloon knot.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales