Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old November 3rd, 2019, 08:47 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: DFW Tournaments - Restricted List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Old Man Hahn here sticking his nose where it probably does not to need, but when have I ever let that stop me from making an ass of myself. (Editors Note: This is just my opinion, what ever Old Man Pruett and the DFW Gang want to do is fine by me

1) Scape was NEVER meant to be played as a tourny, it was a kids game taken out by a bunch of Man children

2) MtG is a game meant for Tourny play and that is why older set s are retired or made non tourny playable, You know why that works? MtG is still releasing new sets of cards every 96 hours.

3) Maybe instead of banning certain units you handicap them.* Example. Say the Army build is 500 points. I want to use Stingers but they are rated -10 points. If I use 3x my max army build is now 470 points instead of 500

Just a thought
Hahn, Hahn, Hahn, you are better than this.

Please don't take incorrect information from previous posters as an example of what is going on here.

No Unit is banned under this restricted list.

The only thing that is banned is certain combinations of units. And, yes, maybe a revaluing of the units or maybe one of the dozens of other efforts to smooth on the rough spots in the tourney scene with regard to power unit and combinations, would be the way to go.

This is but one effort that was put in place (for nearly 9 years now)to try to force different combinations and builds. I am pretty sure it is just the DFW group that uses this and then only for certain events, most notably NHSD.

Again, this effort does not ban units.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; November 3rd, 2019 at 08:50 PM. Reason: I thought you were doing some work in Garland this Fall?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events