Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 4th, 2021, 12:53 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Thor (Thor Odinson) (II) (Vote 4 On Deck)

Maybe we could just sidestep the whole thing anyways and just make it “figures you control?” I think freely taking control of your ally’s stuff is a fun house rule when it’s agreed upon (like in our TTS games), but I can see the argument that it’s maybe not the best element to start adding to cards.
Old May 4th, 2021, 01:07 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

We've worded that "friendly figures" doesn't count for that figure fairly often. It'd be easier to make it a C3G ruling at this point, IMO, to avoid countless wording updates.

(Just search "friendly figure" in the sortable index and there's a ton of examples that don't make sense if a friendly figure counts as itself.)
Old May 4th, 2021, 01:48 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
We've worded that "friendly figures" doesn't count for that figure fairly often. It'd be easier to make it a C3G ruling at this point, IMO, to avoid countless wording updates.

(Just search "friendly figure" in the sortable index and there's a ton of examples that don't make sense if a friendly figure counts as itself.)
Actually disagree here? There's 137 instances of the word "friendly" appearing in a power (at least in my index, updated to 1202.) The vast majority of these powers have some sort of qualifier to make sure you know the power is/isn't affecting its owner. (Like a clear sight or space restriction.) There are a few released designs that don't make sense in both directions. (I don't think Samhain's Hallowed Tradition works as written if he's not friendly to himself, for example.) There's also a few I'm not sure the original intent on, like Plastic Man I, Brit-Cits, and Bumblebee.

Explicitly assuming "Friendly =/= not this figure" seems like a recent trend, and most of the designs that work like that are still On Deck.

I really think the whole issue can just be side-stepped for now by just making it "figures you control."
Old May 4th, 2021, 01:56 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

You still control Thor, you just need an "other" in there.
Old May 4th, 2021, 04:16 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Yeah, we can sidestep the issue entirely by doing "another figure you control" here, but this is probably something we should look at eventually. Good catch with Samhain. I did a deep dive on all powers with the words "Friendly Figure", and ignoring the ones with disqualifiers like the clear sight or a space limit:

Quote:
Powers that assume Friendly includes the owner:
Sam's Hallowed Tradition

Powers that assume Friendly does not includes the owner:
Superman's (JL2) This Looks Like a Job for Superman
Saturn Girl's Mental Walls
Moondragon's Cerebral Chess
Bumblebee's Enhanced Optics
Black Canary's (JL) Into The Fray
Atom's (JL) Riding Radio Waves

Powers that are unclear:
Plastic Man's Plastic Wrap (this one doesn't matter)
Nemesis's (Tom) Scales of Justice
Elastigirl's Elasti-Wrap (this one only matters when Elast-girl moves normally)
Brit-Cit Judge
Old May 4th, 2021, 06:18 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Tom is most definitely supposed to be able to get a marker from his own death for what its worth.

The whole reason he works for the Suicide Squad is to pay the debt he owes Waller for saving him from near death. So the idea is if you somehow can revive him you he'll be grateful and fight harder.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 4th, 2021, 07:45 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I prefer friendly over control since I like being more welcoming to team game synergy, without the mess of house rules etc. So I'd rather we just rule it that friendly means not said figure, so we can maintain that, and make wording adjustments on any designs that assume the opposite.

Not sure if Archie's research includes everything, because I know I've purposely used friendly as often as possible for that very reason. Quicksilver and Cap both get to place the Avengers markers on friendlies, for example.
Old May 4th, 2021, 09:14 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

yea

Agreed that "friendly" should get sorted, not ultimately that concerned about which way we sort it. Whatever means fewer art updates works for me.
Old May 5th, 2021, 11:16 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just specify not-Thor:

DROP THE HAMMER
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Thor, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to move and attack with up to X other friendly Unique Heroes that are Asgardians or Warriors. X equals the number of revealed numbered Order Markers on this card.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 5th, 2021, 11:18 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
You still control Thor, you just need an "other" in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Just specify not-Thor:

DROP THE HAMMER
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Thor, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to move and attack with up to X other friendly Unique Heroes that are Asgardians or Warriors. X equals the number of revealed numbered Order Markers on this card.
Old May 5th, 2021, 01:32 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

My problem with that, is that then it confuses any other instance where friendly doesn’t have “other” in front of it. It creates an inconsistency. Much like when we use “must” even though the default is always must. Or when we say “you will take any leaving engagement attacks” when the default is such. In this case, we have several cards that don’t use “other friendly figures” for a reason, because my understanding of the default is that it by default does not include itself.

Fine with updating it to “other figures you control” instead, but it doesn’t solve the debate/issue of people using friendly with different understandings of what it includes.
Old May 5th, 2021, 01:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, looking at Archie's list, seems like it's probably better/easier to update Sam and Nemesis and go with the friendly doesn't include self ruling.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library