Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old February 15th, 2016, 09:51 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Star Wars Imperial Assault

I just noticed that there are no forums for imperial assault, and was wondering if anyone else on here has fallen for it like I have. I really like that there are two formats to play: A campaign like starwars dungeon crawl and a head to head format that allows players to just have a go at each other in deathmatches and free for alls.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 15th, 2016, 10:03 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Star Wars Imperial Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I just noticed that there are no forums for imperial assault, and was wondering if anyone else on here has fallen for it like I have. I really like that there are two formats to play: A campaign like starwars dungeon crawl and a head to head format that allows players to just have a go at each other in deathmatches and free for alls.
If I had the money, I am sure my son and I would be in deep. Our first Star Wars priority now is saving up for a mass purchase of HOSS figures since that needs lots of figures to be fun. We have zero so far.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 15th, 2016, 10:10 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
If I had the money, I am sure my son and I would be in deep. Our first Star Wars priority now is saving up for a mass purchase of HOSS figures since that needs lots of figures to be fun. We have zero so far.
What is cool is, You can use quite a few of the Imperial assault figures for hoss, including wampas and probe droids which are pretty pricey otherwise. The other cool thing is I use some of my older Starwars minis in my imperial assault games. Multi use for HOSS and Imp assault. I find the sets on miniaturemarket for quite a bit less anyways. They are on sale right now still as well.

Old February 15th, 2016, 10:12 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

I had to decide recently between Imperial Assault and Arcadia Quest. I decided AQ due to the kickstarter. I'm actively trying to get a trade for IA. Would love to give the campaign mode a shot. Not to mention the beautiful, beautiful minis.
Old February 15th, 2016, 10:17 PM
"like" happy

I bought the Starter set initially for the cool minis and some new gameplay. I thought at first it was a bit complex. I then wanted to play it on a HS board. But, after I checked it out, I prefer to play it on the stuff it came with. I really like the line of sight rules. The idea behind getting to use your whole army each round, and the attack and defense dice, move values and other aspects are not too different from scape. The command cards really aren't too different from a sorcery deck on AOTP. Overall its quite fun. I have most of every set they have out, whether its from me buying it or printing the cards and playing with my old starwars minis.

Old February 15th, 2016, 11:18 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
What is cool is, You can use quite a few of the Imperial assault figures for hoss, including wampas and probe droids which are pretty pricey otherwise. The other cool thing is I use some of my older Starwars minis in my imperial assault games. Multi use for HOSS and Imp assault. I find the sets on miniaturemarket for quite a bit less anyways. They are on sale right now still as well.
Yeah but I'm not a painter either so that was the deciding factor for me otherwise I might have just for the double use of figures.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 25th, 2016, 06:39 PM

Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker

Decided to pick this up for $60 on Amazon. I was able to play two training missions and one skirmish. After the skirmish my brother got on miniature market and ordered five expansion sets.
Old April 25th, 2016, 08:16 PM
"like" happy

@Cyber Controler , I love the skirmish mode. I have all three terrain sets that are currently out and quite a few expansion packs. If you are not worried about competitive tournament play, I have made a duplicate card of cards like storm troopers and used the old star wars miniatures game miniatures to make more armies. I'm surprised this one isn't as big as X WING. Very fun to play the 4 player free for all mode in skirmish. They have some official 4 player maps from the Return to Hoth expansion.

Old April 25th, 2016, 09:34 PM

Teazia knows what's in an order marker Teazia knows what's in an order marker

This games seems pretty fun, I have to admit though, when I first find out about Scape, via the below posting, it also introduced SW Command which at the time was super cheap on closeout. Imperial Assault was coming out at about the same time, and it seemed too pricey for what you got fig wise, so I went with Command. It is nice to see that the prices of IA have dropped a bit.

I now have LARGE collection of Command figs, and and pretty big set of HS terrain as well. Maybe too much of both

http://www.ebay.com/gds/RPGs-for-Kid...6414782/g.html
Old April 27th, 2016, 09:12 PM

Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker

@TREX Great idea on the extra cards do you have a file or is there a site I can download them from?
Old May 1st, 2016, 08:41 PM

Got the order yesterday! got a chance to play with it today in a scum on scum match. I played an E-Wampa E-Tusken E-Trandosian E-Bantha E-Reek list against my brithers IG88 boba dengar and Assassin droids. I have to say that this is quickly becoming one of our favorites.
Old May 2nd, 2016, 08:15 AM
"like" happy

I really love the turn order and getting to use all your figures each round. Its a favorite of mine too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games