Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old November 21st, 2017, 11:58 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Do You Podcast?

Hey everyone!

At plaid hat games, we have been discussing podcasts lately. One of the things we’ve been tasked with is discovering new media that might intersect with board games, but not be specifically and entirely devoted to this hobby.

So now I’m asking you. Do you listen to any podcasts that might be off the beaten path for board game enthusiasts, but still might intersect or be interested in featuring board games on one of their shows.

an example, might be a miniature hobby podcast, or a story writing podcast.
Our games in many cases have both of these aspects, but these podcasts might not be the go-to’s for board-gamers.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 21st, 2017, 12:30 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Do You Podcast?

I do not but I always thought a Heroscape podcast would be great.

Does Plaid Hat have a podcast?

What do you all listen to?
Old November 21st, 2017, 12:54 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I listen to some actual-play tabletop gaming podcasts. The Adventure Zone has a much more comedic bent, while Friends at the Table focuses on more involved character and world building. They both definitely emphasize the story and roleplaying aspect over the board and miniatures aspect of the games that they play, but they might be in the ballpark of what you’re asking after.
Old November 21st, 2017, 02:07 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Plaid Hat has had a podcast for a long time. It's really good, though not the type of podcast I listen to.

Lately I've been listening to live-play RPGs, but I'm choosy about which ones. I like them story-driven and casual, but with casual-with-respect-for-the-story. The two that make the cut for me currently are (1) The Adventure Zone, which is definitely *not* "off the beaten path," and I'm not sure it would be easy to get into promoting on that particular show; and (2) Bombarded, which might be interesting to you guys for a few reasons. First, it's not board gaming; it's live play D&D. Second, it adds a twist, in that all the players are bards. Third, the bigger twist is, every member of the party and the DM are all in a band, named Lindby, and they perform music on the podcast. Fourth, the band is actually local to you guys, based (I believe) in DFW. Maybe Arlington.

I know "live play D&D" isn't far from board games, but this might have enough going for it as a variation from the expected that it would be interesting to you. I don't know if this is helpful, GB, but I hope so.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 22nd, 2017, 02:40 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very interesting. Thanks AYP and D_S. Bombarded sounds pretty great.
Old November 30th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks you guys! Great ideas here!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 30th, 2017, 06:23 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

A Heroscape podcast of me and my brothers (the usual play group) would just end up being four hours of swearing...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General