Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old October 2nd, 2018, 08:50 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Battlefields of Valhalla Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Embattled Fen and it's not even close.
GameBear was my favorite map designer, solid choice

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old October 4th, 2018, 02:49 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
An idle question for y'all. If you had to choose one single BoV map -- on which to play every HeroScape game for the rest of your life -- which one would it be?
Well, I thought it would be interesting to approach this question from a little more statistical standpoint than just a gut feeling. I've been involved in helping to choose the maps in our local tourney for the past several years, and (being the technogeek I am), I have a spreadsheet for that. So, using 6 years of data (including this year's), giving my first choice for a year 15 points, second choice 14 pts, and so on down to however many choices there were for a given year, then adding 'em all up, here's the top 5:
  1. Sirocco
  2. Ticalla Sunrise
  3. Quasatch Playground
  4. Burial Marsh
  5. Dance of the Dryads

To answer from the "gut feeling" angle as well, I think I might go with Dance of the Dryads—I suspect its position at the bottom of the top 5 is only because I didn't notice it for a couple years (look upthread if you need to know why). But honestly my gut feelings change every year. I'll get sick of one map after a few years, start thinking another one isn't so bad after all, etc.

And of course let us not forget that there are now ARV maps to consider as well ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 7th, 2018, 12:41 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Nice. Only four posts so far, and yet already lots of variety in what's been named.
Now we need your answer! I'm sure there are a couple that you have a keen interest in.
Hah hah, nice of you BiggaBullfrog. So hard to say... Perhaps Draugur? Although the terrain requirements (double tundra!) are so steep.....
Old October 7th, 2018, 12:43 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
To answer from the "gut feeling" angle as well, I think I might go with Dance of the Dryads.
Well, THAT was unexpected.
Old October 7th, 2018, 02:30 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
To answer from the "gut feeling" angle as well, I think I might go with Dance of the Dryads.
Well, THAT was unexpected.
It's a good map. It's got about as much variety as a tourney map can have: shadow, lava, trees, stalagmites, road, water, dungeon. It's fairly visually interesting; the road makes it easy to get around on while the highest tiles are all lava field, making it dangerous to camp there. I mean, who knows? Ask me again in two years and I might be bored of it by then. But right now I'm still diggin' it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old November 1st, 2018, 05:13 PM

tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Elswin Plateau all the way. I know it's not the most popular and a little stale for some people, but it's been my favorite since I first built it.

A close second would be Ticalla Sunrise, and it is admittedly more tactically interesting. Honorable mention goes to Road Rampage, which just holds a bunch of nostalgia value for me as the first competitive map I played on.

I hear you on Elswin Plateau, Bigga. So flat and asymmetric. Feels like an actual battleground. And I have fond memories mobilizing a Brave Arrow + Dwarves build across the plateau to smash into a waiting opponent.

~tgx
Old November 1st, 2018, 09:28 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannergx View Post
Quote:
Elswin Plateau all the way. I know it's not the most popular and a little stale for some people, but it's been my favorite since I first built it.

A close second would be Ticalla Sunrise, and it is admittedly more tactically interesting. Honorable mention goes to Road Rampage, which just holds a bunch of nostalgia value for me as the first competitive map I played on.

I hear you on Elswin Plateau, Bigga. So flat and asymmetric. Feels like an actual battleground. And I have fond memories mobilizing a Brave Arrow + Dwarves build across the plateau to smash into a waiting opponent.

~tgx
Hey, great to see you still looking around, tannergx! Speaking of favorite maps, you've designed a lot of my favorite go-to tournament maps! You need to make it back up to Utah sometime to join in on our Monthly game days!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 27th, 2020, 08:13 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Hi everyone,

An idle question for y'all. If you had to choose one single BoV map -- on which to play every HeroScape game for the rest of your life -- which one would it be?
Fire Isles, love the way lava and molten lava works. It’s an interesting press your luck type of mechanic, and the tightness of that map creates for HEATED conflicts.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 1st, 2020, 03:29 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Probably Ticalla Sunrise for me.

Although if I were to pick one from all maps ever it might be Common Ground. Not sure, I’ll have to narrow it down to like a top 10 or something and then really think about it. There’s a lot of maps I love.

That would be an interesting thread actually...
Old August 3rd, 2021, 01:55 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
By-laws for the Battlefields of Valhalla:
SECTION 3: Self-governance
1. The Council will contain six judges. The current judges are: 1Mmirg, Bengi, Dignan, fomox, mad_wookiee, RoninValentina
2. Judges will maintain their position unless:
a) They are not heard from by fellow judges on the official non-official Heroscape web site for a period of 31 days, or
b) They abstain for a total of three months or for three consecutive maps under review, whichever comes later.
3. If a vacancy on the council occurs, judges will be replaced by those who:
a) show interest in serving, and
b) after consideration of the sitting judges receive 75 % vote of approval. Voting and discussion of a replacement judge may occur in private.
I'd like to initiate a vote of no confidence in every sitting judge. By their own by-laws, none of them should be judges anymore.

Yes, this is a bit facetious. However, it's sad that I have to say to newer (and older) players "Hey, you should use these BoV maps, but not these; these maps by this person, but not his other maps; these previous GenCon/ScapeCon maps, but not these." IMO, there needs to be a one-stop-shop for the best competitive maps.

I can put together a group of excellent map judges to carry the mantle forward (Dok, Superfrog, KevinDola, to name a few), but it can't happen without permission (and/or community support). We have other plans if we can't carry BoV forward into the new era, but the BoV name still carries the most weight in the community.

Last edited by OEAO; August 3rd, 2021 at 02:54 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 02:25 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
BoV: Resurrection

I think it would be awesome to have the BoV be brought back and bringing in new maps. I'm sure y'all would be great at it.

~Dysole, with "what makes a good map" as one of her worst skills as a Scape player
Old August 3rd, 2021, 02:41 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

And here's another admin that would be happy to help bring back the BoV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios