Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old May 15th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart
my beautiful little car is GONE!

woe is me! i sold my beautiful little car today and i had to watch some other guy drive away in MY car. its gone! though i hope be able to buy it back from him someday. oh, isn't she pretty?

Old May 15th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
When I saw the subject line, I was thinking your car got jacked. I'm relieved to see it wasn't car theft. I imagine watching someone drive away in your ride is kind of like someone driving off with your girl. I wish you well on getting it back.
Old May 16th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
you know, i said the exact same thing 5 years ago, when I sold my De Lorean. It's 5 years later, and I still havn't bought it back. The guy still has it and sends me pictures of what it looks like now that he restored it, from me driving the hell out of it for the 6 years I had it. Sigh.....someday. But the closer I get to buying it back, the more pinball machines I buy

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old May 16th, 2006, 03:26 AM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwojedi
you know, i said the exact same thing 5 years ago, when I sold my De Lorean. It's 5 years later, and I still havn't bought it back. The guy still has it and sends me pictures of what it looks like now that he restored it, from me driving the hell out of it for the 6 years I had it. Sigh.....someday. But the closer I get to buying it back, the more pinball machines I buy
that is an awesome pinball collection. i like pinball. but i love deloreans. i used to be totally obsessed with them. the only thing that got me over my obsession was my 1800 S. my girlfriend is pretty upset about me selling the 1800. personally i think that the delorean and the volvo 1800 are probably the two most handsome cars ever made (well, ever made for mortals who cant afford maseratis and astin martins). funny thing is that though i love them both, women seem to hate deloreans and love 1800s. so perhaps someday if i am fortunate i can get one of each, the delorean for me and the 1800 for my girlfriend.

nwojedi, i'm sure you can tell us many stories of women who did like your delorean. please do! but i have a little 1:18 scale one here at home and girls just always roll their eyes when they see it. any insight into the affect of deloreans on women would be appreciated, especially if i ever have to convince a future wife to let me buy one.
Old May 16th, 2006, 09:19 AM

copronymous has disabled reputation
That is a fantastic little ride. Sorry you had to let it go.

Old May 16th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Better to sell it than have it TOTALED. Below was my car in Jan.

And here it is after I was rear ended last week.

Thankfully I bore most if the pain and the kids are both OK. The entire frame wsa crumpled and the floor was missing under the left side. I can't wait to see how bad the other drivers insurance comp trys to SCREW me on a payout.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 16th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
Hahn,

I must ask, how do you like your beetle?

My daughter is wanting one (one of the all girly ones, you know...), and I was just wondering if you would recommend it for a teen driver???

Thanks,

Bannister

PS caravaggio, why did you sell it?

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old May 16th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
you know. your kinda right. A lot of girls did think a De Lorean was ugly. But then you open the doors and, they are like, "wow". so it's a trade off. Handling was top notch. But it was pretty heavy, so acceleration wasn't top end. I miss that car. As far as extracircicular activities in that car. There is none better. How you may ask? Lets put it this way. It's made for really tall people. i'm 6'2" and I still had more leg room than I needed. So someone can easily kneel down in the passenger side. And conviently enough, the seat is just high enough off the ground. The dash and column make fabulous foot holders. Ahhh the memories.

Damn I miss that car. What sucks. is I saw one close on ebay for $5k .. and didn't have the money to buy it. Was close to me too.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old May 16th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister
Hahn,

I must ask, how do you like your beetle?

My daughter is wanting one (one of the all girly ones, you know...), and I was just wondering if you would recommend it for a teen driver???

Thanks,

Bannister
Ya I did. I was getting 30 MPG in the city and I stand 6'3 and I had plenty of room and both kids could fit in the back with no issues. Of course trunckspace was next to nothing. And it survived getting hit at 40+MPH.

Not sure why the uploaded photos arent showing.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General