Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old June 4th, 2015, 02:31 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Anyone else watching Turn on AMC though? This weeks episode was a pretty great one.
Spoiler Alert!
Yes, I really enjoy Turn.

My annual summer treat America's Got Talent is back! I was just a kid when the great variety shows slowly died. AGT is one of the few places you can see singers, comedians, magicians, dancers, danger, and novelty acts all on one stage.

I just recently finished Lost for the fourth time through.

Then I started watching Mad Men. I'm about six episodes in and I'm not completely sold yet.

Lastly, I just watched the season 6 finale of Community. Great ending. I'm so glad Yahoo saved the show. Waiting for the movie.
Old June 4th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You have watched Lost four times?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 8th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Watched a couple more episodes of Turn that I have recorded. Still not totally caught up though. I really like this show.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 8th, 2015, 10:51 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Daredevil. I have been holding off watching it since all the other super hero shows wrapped up their season. I am going to need something to watch soon to fulfill that super hero itch. I may have to invest in some animated series.

Great show. I was afraid the lawyer aspect was going to ruin it for me but they have kept the courtroom time to a minimum. Thankfully.
Strong characters all around. I really find him to be the most believable of the latest super heroes. He feels real to me.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 8th, 2015, 11:17 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Daredevil. I have been holding off watching it since all the other super hero shows wrapped up their season. I am going to need something to watch soon to fulfill that super hero itch. I may have to invest in some animated series.

Great show. I was afraid the lawyer aspect was going to ruin it for me but they have kept the courtroom time to a minimum. Thankfully.
Strong characters all around. I really find him to be the most believable of the latest super heroes. He feels real to me.
No name drop of She-hulk though (I'm not sure why that's so hard to just say Jennifer Walters? Say it with me Marvel, "Jennifer Walters."), so that makes me sad . And aren't superpowers all about impossibility and being unbelievable? They show how even if a major part of us would be different (superpowers), there is still the human elements of life, from good (helping others, friendship, love) to the bad (prejudice and hatred against them). It's about us imagining our life for the better than what we currently have, and wondering whether we would use our powers for good, or the destruction of all we love.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old June 8th, 2015, 01:10 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hard to believe but I had only seen the mini series and a couple random episodes of the remade Battlestar Galactica so we started watching it last week. My wife is starting to get it I think...I'm enjoying it of course.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 8th, 2015, 01:24 PM

I have yet to see the new Battlestar myself japes.
Somewhere online there is a guide to watching the series with all the mini-series and other extras in the best order.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 8th, 2015, 01:41 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I just started the last season of Psych. I really enjoy that show because I never feel a need to watch the next episode immediately like every other show I watch. It's good to just throw on the next episode whenever I feel like relaxing for 45 minutes. Plus it's pretty funny with one of the best bromances in TV.

Quote:
Huh, as I was binging the series I was thinking to myself that I'd like to see more of the courtroom. Either way, I agree that it's a fantastic series.
Old June 8th, 2015, 01:48 PM

Just a personal thing. I cannot stand shows about lawyers, hospitals or cops. I think that is part of my issue with Gotham is that it is basically a cop show with super hero origins.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 8th, 2015, 01:52 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Just a personal thing. I cannot stand shows about lawyers, hospitals or cops. I think that is part of my issue with Gotham is that it is basically a cop show with super hero origins.
Well, I was talking about your line about him being the most believable of the recent superheroes, not the line about courtroom. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old June 8th, 2015, 02:02 PM

Heh, I was responding to Arch-vile.

Yeah I get you have to suspend belief for super hero shows.
Daredevil just rings the most true to me.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 8th, 2015, 02:38 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Just a personal thing. I cannot stand shows about lawyers, hospitals or cops.
That doesn't leave you much to watch these days...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV