Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old May 31st, 2019, 08:32 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [AotV] Pre-Brainstorming Thread

As I’m driving around, I had the idea for an OM killing Sleep Spell for Nissa.

Maybe something like:

Go Back to Bed
Before/Instead of attacking, you may choose a figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Nissa and roll the 20 sided die. On a 16 or higher, remove all Order Markers from their Army Cards.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; May 31st, 2019 at 08:39 AM. Reason: I need to go back to bed too *yawn*
Old May 31st, 2019, 01:32 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
This looks like this would be a cool direction for Sorin. I also like the reuse of both powers (even if one is still unreleased lol).
I'm hopeful that Suskra will be released before him, but Gore fits so well that it would be a pity to not use it. Luckily he's still a far way from release if we do settle on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Interesting take on Vlad. I could honestly even see him lower than that point range, too.
My initial estimate for him actually was in the 70-100 range, but that was with a slightly squishier 3 defense and 5 life, which has already been tossed around for a few other designs. 4 defense also seemed more suited to the armor the sculpt is wearing.

I could be overestimating his effectiveness, though. If Paralyzing Stare doesn't hit (or there are too many opposing squads), then he could have a tough time dealing significant damage. Whatever the case, I would like to see this kind of design lower than 120 points if we can justify it. Weaker stats would be necessary to avoid penalizing heroes too much, though.
Old June 1st, 2019, 10:58 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
As I’m driving around, I had the idea for an OM killing Sleep Spell for Nissa.

Maybe something like:

Go Back to Bed
Before/Instead of attacking, you may choose a figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Nissa and roll the 20 sided die. On a 16 or higher, remove all Order Markers from their Army Cards.
I like the idea of giving Nissa some sort of sleep spell, I'd just want to make sure to differentiate her enough from Dund to feel distinct. In this case, the ability to use the power after moving might be enough, but I think it would also depend on the rest of her kit.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 01:43 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I brought up in Pod 1 main thread, but what are thoughts on co-designed units such as Chandra Nalaar being able to summon Blazing Firecats, some type of bonding, or something else that requires more than one unit to be designed and tested in tandem? Obviously these units should be in the same POD so before we break up units in pods we should already be planning the tandem design.

Also what is the thoughts on having "Lava Resistant" on units such as Blazing Firecats or Chandra Nalaar? I know we want to make this set as self-contained as possible, but maybe if some powers such as an Special Attacks ended with "Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by [special power]" this helps to make the set contained slightly but does open up when you add VW terrain sets.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 02:10 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Go Back to Bed
Like @Captain Stupendous noted, we would need to distinguish her from Dünd with the rest of her design if we wanted to go this route.

As a potential twist on "going back to sleep," we could do this:
Quote:
Go Back to Bed
When an opponent reveals an Order Marker on a Unique Hero within X clear sight spaces of Nissa, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, remove that Order Marker from the opposing hero's Army Card. The controlling player does not get to take a turn with it this round.
That's a more defensive twist on Dünd, which could feel more distinct. I'm not a big fan of the name for the power, but it would be easy enough to change. I also think that it's weird to put one guy to sleep and watch as an entire squad does as well, hence the Unique Hero restriction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya
I brought up in Pod 1 main thread, but what are thoughts on co-designed units such as Chandra Nalaar being able to summon Blazing Firecats, some type of bonding, or something else that requires more than one unit to be designed and tested in tandem? Obviously these units should be in the same POD so before we break up units in pods we should already be planning the tandem design.

Also what is the thoughts on having "Lava Resistant" on units such as Blazing Firecats or Chandra Nalaar? I know we want to make this set as self-contained as possible, but maybe if some powers such as an Special Attacks ended with "Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by [special power]" this helps to make the set contained slightly but does open up when you add VW terrain sets.
I'm not inherently against co-designed units like Iskra and the Retchets of Bogdan, but lets keep in mind that they are (technically) two designs out of hundreds. I'd need to see a very compelling design to support adding more than one such design in AotV (and the Mindmage Jace/Illusions seem like a much more compelling pair for such synergy to me). A double-spaced squad already seems like it has a lot of unique potential, so I'd personally rather not focus on that for the Firecats. I'm not a part of Pod 1, though, so it's ultimately up to the volunteers and the leaders.

Lava Resistant doesn't bother me if it is thematic and fitting. I don't think that we even need to add some Special Attack that does less damage against figures with Lava Resistant unless we want to. We've seen plenty of units have advantages on terrain that isn't in their set.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 02:17 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Coming back to “Go Back to Bed”, if Nissa only killed 1 OM (maybe on an easier d20 roll... or not), I think that would help to distinguish her from Dund and the Mindflayer (the Mindflayer’s OM power requiring a wound with it’s SA).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 3rd, 2019, 02:27 PM
I could go

I’m not against co-designed units here, but I’m not really for them either. I’ll leave the decision up to Pod 1.

Lava Resistance on Firecats looks right.
Lava Resistance on Pheonixes is probably fine too.
Lava Resistance on Chandra could be misplaced unless she’s not human.

Special Attacks that don’t work on Lava Resistant characters don’t sound like a good idea though. Fireline and Burning Breath from Mimring and Moltenclaw still work fine against Lava Resistant figures, and although Lava Resistance didn’t exist yet for Mimring, it’s literally on Moltenclaw’s card.

If we wanted to mention Lava Resistance, we would be better off using it as a weakness for a power like the C3V did for Racheim’s breath attack.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 5th, 2019, 12:32 AM

Fakeraistlin is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
Since he’s been voted in to the next pod, I’ll throw my thoughts for Ob Nixilis here.

Atrixus
Valkrill

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Demon
Unique Hero
Darklord (maybe???)
Tormenting
Medium 5

Misfortune Aura
Whenever an opponent’s figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Atrixus rolls defense dice, you may force them to re-roll all dice once.

Flying

I like having this guy be some kind of cheerleader, especially since we aren’t going with a Kyrie Warrior for Avacyn.

I like this too, how about also bonding with an Undead or Demon of Vakrill type?
Old June 23rd, 2019, 12:08 AM

Here's an idea for a power that I'd been toying around with for Kiora, the Rising Tide:

Quote:
Terraform
All terrain spaces adjacent to FISHY FOREIGNER are considered to be water spaces. Friendly figures do not have to stop their movement when entering water spaces adjacent to FISHY FOREIGNER.
The basic idea is to take Gift of Water Breathing and broaden its use a little bit more, giving it some decent stopping power against enemies while also adding some new Water Tunnel locations for some light Water Elemental synergy (she would also become a good counter to units with Water Weakness or Negative Element, which has been tossed around a bit already). The Microcorp Agents' water boosts might be a bit of a concern, though, especially if they can get height. A lack of bonding would at least help curb this quite a bit.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 11:02 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I like it. We’d have to see if it would cause any weird interactions. GIE can be weird.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 07:46 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Here's an idea for a power that I'd been toying around with for Kiora, the Rising Tide:

Quote:
Terraform
All terrain spaces adjacent to FISHY FOREIGNER are considered to be water spaces. Friendly figures do not have to stop their movement when entering water spaces adjacent to FISHY FOREIGNER.
The basic idea is to take Gift of Water Breathing and broaden its use a little bit more, giving it some decent stopping power against enemies while also adding some new Water Tunnel locations for some light Water Elemental synergy (she would also become a good counter to units with Water Weakness or Negative Element, which has been tossed around a bit already). The Microcorp Agents' water boosts might be a bit of a concern, though, especially if they can get height. A lack of bonding would at least help curb this quite a bit.
I like this, but I wonder if it wouldn't fit the Merfolk Roilmage even better? I'm also a big fan of theming Kiora as some sort of alien priestess/healer... I'd thought of naming her Durnipia from the official lore and giving her some kind of healing power
Old June 24th, 2019, 12:12 AM

I like the theming more as an alien terraforming the battlefield than as a Water Elemental spreading its element, but either one could work as thematic justification. I also wouldn't be opposed to pairing some kind of terrain-based ability with a healing ability (perhaps even boosted when targeting figures on water spaces, if we wanted the two powers to play together more).

Nice memory on recalling Durnipia! I'd have no problems with making Kiora Durnipia (given the alien lizard arm that Valguard has, I actually think it's a really cool reference), although her colors are better suited to Aquilla than Einar. It looks like we never saw more of Durnipia outside of Valguard's bio, though, so there's plenty of room to flesh her out as we see fit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs