Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old October 25th, 2008, 01:09 PM

dragonite is surprisingly tart
Help is this a good 600 point army?

VENOM-------------150 He's a good marvel.
MARRO WARRIORS---50 Their water clone.
TOR-KUL-NA--------220 Well high defence, high attack, and trample stomp
ISAMU--------------10 Cheap and good
TAGAWA SAMURAI---120 Counter strike and blood lust
ME-BURQ-SA--------50 Fast moving, paralyzing stare, and decent attack and defence

Please tell me if i need to change any characters.
Old October 25th, 2008, 01:17 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Help is this a good 600 point army?

Hi dragonite. When asking for army assistance, it's usually a good idea to tell us all a little something about the format you're playing and what figures you have available.

So far, all we know is that the point total is 600. How many players? Teams or free-for-all? Are you sure Marvel is allowed? Will you use glyphs?

Old October 25th, 2008, 01:57 PM

Oops sorry. I have both master sets, MALLDIDONS PROPHECY: the orcs and the heroes; all of the Utgar's rage, Jandar's oath: monks and guards,and the heroes; all of wave 4 and 5; wave 6 all but archers and kyrie;all of wave 7 and 8; the large sets except Ticallas jungle, the ice and lava sets, Jandar's and Utgar's flag dudes no gen con, and marvel no duplicates; the stage no clue. I know there isn't any glyphs we dont use them. 2 players, all characters allowed.
See on most Sundays there is a tournament at my comic store. We use any characters in a 600 or less range, we dont use glyphs, nor team up we do one-on-one.
Hope I cleared things up a bit.
Old October 25th, 2008, 02:09 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Actually, I think that is a quite strong army!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 25th, 2008, 02:40 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Most people try to build an army around a particular character or group of characters, and then fill out the army by adding units that accentuate that idea, or compensate for its weaknesses.

One thing that jumps out at me is that you have all unique army cards, meaning that you're going to be splitting up your order markers a lot. Every turn you're going to have a lot of sleeping units and that's going to reduce your versatility on the field and make marker placement vital.

You also don't have any synergies or bonding present, meaning each card is just doing its own thing instead of working with other units on the team. If you're going to use T-K-N, you ought to bring a couple squads of Nagrubs as well.

And lastly, if you're allowed to use Marvel, I'd suggest going for one of the other heavy-hitters in that grouping rather than the cheapest one. Don't get me wrong, I like Venom, but he's nothing compared to some of the other Heroes in the Marvel set.

Old October 25th, 2008, 03:36 PM

I practiced a little with this army, and I would make sure the samurai were guarding Isamu and 1 marro warrior, then I would send out Venom to eliminate any plans my opponent my use on me. Then I would send out T-K-N for those high defending squads. Once they somehow get defeated I send out M-B-S and 3 marro warriors as reinforcements. When they are dead I use the samurai to block off the army a while then Isamu to fend off the enemy and the marro warrior, water cloning.
Old October 27th, 2008, 05:59 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If your playing TKN you should use at least 2x grubs so you can heal him.
Try this
Tor-Kul-Na 220
2x Nagrubs 60
Marro Warriors 50
Iron Man 240
Total 570

For those last 30 points try
Eldgrim
or
Guilty
or
1x Nagrubs
or
Isamu and Marcu

Hope I helped

-Ryan-

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old December 1st, 2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
If your playing TKN you should use at least 2x grubs so you can heal him.
Try this
Tor-Kul-Na 220
2x Nagrubs 60
Marro Warriors 50
Iron Man 240
Total 570

For those last 30 points try
Eldgrim
or
Guilty
or
1x Nagrubs
or
Isamu and Marcu

Hope I helped

-Ryan-
You did, and I forgot that Nagrubs can heal so with more thinking I came with this army
Tor-Kul-Na-------220
Marrden Nagrubs--250
Marro Warriors---300
Isamu------------310
Ornak------------410
and Heavy Gruts--480
If we're doing a 600 point army I'll add
Marrden Nagrubs--510
and Izumi Samurai-570
I would add another Marrden Nagrub but I said I had no copies. Only the Marro Warriors and Samurai will need to use their own order markers.
</IMG>

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion