Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old August 10th, 2006, 03:24 PM

Hsfan123 has disabled reputation
Who uses the line of sight?

who uses the red area and green dot thing it serves no purpose i mean wut the heck?

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." -Einstein
Let your mind stretch.
Old August 10th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
I do but only in games where it's against players that have played more than a few times,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old August 10th, 2006, 05:00 PM

aaaah yes

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." -Einstein
Let your mind stretch.
Old August 10th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
Maybe I am not understanding your question but, what is the alternative to using LOS?

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old August 10th, 2006, 05:22 PM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
you have to especially when you have some bastard trying to hide behind some trees and there sword is sticking out.

Ądn sʇɐɥʍ
Old August 10th, 2006, 05:44 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
you have to especially when you have some bastard trying to hide behind some trees and there sword is sticking out.

yes I use them too.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old August 10th, 2006, 05:51 PM

0rbital has disabled reputation
What's with all the questions being posted about who follows the rules? If you don't use LOS, order markers, movement rules regarding size, etc. you drastically change the way the game was meant to be played. My 10 year old has no problem following the line of sight rules.
Old August 10th, 2006, 05:55 PM

KeeperOfPeace is surprisingly tart
We always use line of site. I can understand for those that play with rather flat maps, but I really enjoy the hilly maps. My maps are almost always (unless there supposed to be flat) are very rigid with hills, cliffs and waterfalls. I love my maps to look as realistic as possible. So most maps wouldn't always be flat with a hill here or there.

I must say that I have no problem with those that like flatter maps than I. But you must use line of sight when playing in forests.

Old August 10th, 2006, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Cupidsart:
I do but only in games where it's against players that have played more than a few times

I never thought about that stuff but also i never play with experienced players cause i dont know any who live near me. Most people i play with i just taught how to play the game so yea

Let your mind stretch.
Old August 11th, 2006, 02:38 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
LOS is essential to the spirit of HS,
we use it no matter what..now ye might bend the LOS a bit..by saying hey I can see his lil knucklebone on his sword hand or hey that idiot morsbane(I think it's him where the card shows his cape at being a hitzone) cape is in sight...
etc, etc..

only time I dont is when I play HS with my 7 yr old son and even then we "eyeball" it..

and games I've played in, if I'm not sure I always ask to get verification.

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old August 14th, 2006, 01:30 AM

Jesus_S_Preston has disabled reputation
I don't.

I mean, like, if there's a tree, some ruins, a castle wall, Frank the Bunny, etc. between the two figures, then, well, yeah, they can't attack.

But....I dunno. We just...don't nitpick.

Getting back into 'Scape
Old August 16th, 2006, 09:36 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation
I use the LOS all the time. It's important to check which parts of the target are hit zones, because the part you can see might not be a legitimate hit area. Frankly, it's a lot of fun to get down to snake's eye level and eyeball the field from the figure's perspective. Makes you feel like a kid again AND you get to look at the figs and battlefield up close and personally. Like when model railroaders put fiber-optic cameras in their engines so you can "see" what the engineer would see. It's such a simplet and fun way to answer the question "Can I take a shot at you?"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General