Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old January 30th, 2013, 02:31 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
End of Year Championships(Community Discussion)

So I put out an idea about running an end of year championship to the Heroscape Online Team. We all like the idea and it just needs some polishing. We would like to hear from the Heroscape Online Community on what they would like to see for an end of the year championship.

Some ideas we have kicked around would be.
(32) Man Single Elimination Playoff.
Qualifying in some way or another
-A points system where winning a tournament nets you X points, coming in second nets you Y points and making playoffs nets you Z points. Top 32 make it in.
-Or a system where you are invited for your performance in one tournament, along with inviting people from Live Scape events. Such as Winners of Gencon events and other public events that had X players or more.

Do you have any thoughts on the Championship? Would you be for it? What part excites you about it? We parts would put you off about it. Any thoughts or ideas in the matter, feel free to leave them here.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:44 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: End of Year Championships(Community Discussion)

Well it sounds like a blast. I do feel there should be a rating system for players including the amount of games they played.

I, for instance, will be unable to play in every online tournament.

I would love to play in the end of year tournament if I am good enough. I just wouldn't want lack of play time to keep me from getting in, even though I may have performed well the times that I did play.
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:51 PM
A cool title

shafizele is surprisingly tart

I, for one play, online because of the lack of players in my area, I'd like to see the seasons remain somewhat casual, but I don't really want to see super competitive play. That seems to take the fun out of everything. So if you could make them related but keep them separate it would be nice, if that even makes sense

Whatever you do, DO NOT read this, it's completely pointless.
Old January 30th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebaer View Post
Well it sounds like a blast. I do feel there should be a rating system for players including the amount of games they played.
There is, but it's not public (for various reasons).
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafizele View Post
I, for one play, online because of the lack of players in my area, I'd like to see the seasons remain somewhat casual, but I don't really want to see super competitive play. That seems to take the fun out of everything. So if you could make them related but keep them separate it would be nice, if that even makes sense
It certainly wouldn't replace the normal, more casual tournaments, so don't worry about that.

Old January 31st, 2013, 07:15 AM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This sounds like a great idea! I think it would make for a great end of the year finale for the online format. Is the bracket going to be one sided with seeds ranging from 1-32 or like the NCAA tournament bracket with 4 of every seed that is in the tournament which for 32 players would be 1-8? Will there potentially be play in games to allow more of those who participate in the tournaments to join in the end of the year fun?

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Last edited by Crixus33; January 31st, 2013 at 07:15 AM. Reason: this "." does not equal this "?"
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:35 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd like the being invited for performance idea best, as your judged by how you play. The others are good ideas though too.
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:20 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

The current way that we run tournaments would be the same. The only difference is that at the end of the year we would run a Invitational championship tournament. It wouldn't replace any other tournament we would run.

Quote:
*IF* we go with the points earned model, It may look something like.
9 Points for Tournament Win
6 Points for 2nd place
4 points for making Semi Finals
2 points for making Quarter Finals
1 point for making Playoffs.

Doing well in one tournament might very well give you enough points on the year to make the Championship.

We couldn't do it on rating, some people might sit on that rating and not play in further events. This kind of system would reward those who play more than those who play less. Do well in one tournament and you will likely make the Championship(if it is based on point totals.)

We probably run 4-5 tournaments a year at this rate. If it is 5 tournaments a year. (Warning, Geek Math)You are going to see 195 points passed out to players(Based on the above model). Let us take the worst case scenario and that each player that makes the playoffs during these five weeks is Unique, that means a total of 80 players would have earned points. With the average of 2.43 points a person puts you at 40-41 position. Therefore its probably safe to say in this scenario you would need 3 points to qualify. One good run into the Semi Finals nets you 4 points. Likely enough for you to qualify for the End of Year Championship.

Quote:
Our goal with the Bring 2 armies, is to reduce the SUPER POWERFUL armies, trying to scare you into thinking... I might have to play that army if I can't pick first. We still get some superpowerful armies, but most of the players who make the playoffs have very balanced armies that would be considered B-B+ armies in most tournaments where you bring one army.

Keep putting the ideas up here guys, very much liking the feel of this right now.

Old January 31st, 2013, 01:36 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Thumbs up Re: End of Year Championships(Community Discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
*IF* we go with the points earned model, It may look something like.
9 Points for Tournament Win
6 Points for 2nd place
4 points for making Semi Finals
2 points for making Quarter Finals
1 point for making Playoffs.
Like this.

I know season 3 was a de facto single elimination tournament with no playoffs. (Last undefeated wins it, with no 'official' QF, SF, etc...) Are all subsequent seasons going to have a playoff system like Season 4 and Season5?
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:38 PM

Yes we plan on having Playoffs from here on out.

Old January 31st, 2013, 03:41 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

If we go with that model my concern would be the reward for individuals that have tons of time. I would just want to be sure that If a player is only able to make 1-2 tournaments a year but performed well in both of those tournaments, he/she has an oppertunity to be invited to the end of year tourny; even though that player's points will not be nearly as high as someone who was able to play in every tourny.
Old January 31st, 2013, 03:45 PM

That is why we are looking at a 32 as the cut off, this should give people who only make 1-2 a year, but perform well in those a chance to make it.

Old February 3rd, 2013, 01:55 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Will the first tournament in January be included in that number scale? Hope it is because that is probably the best tourney I'm going to have all year.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events