Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old September 21st, 2018, 04:22 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscaper's 101 maps

It's not a VirtualScape tutorial, it's a "posting your maps" tutorial. VirtualScape doesn't have much in the way of a tutorial, most people just play around with it until they figure things out. (Many people can't figure out how to remove the table, so don't feel bad).

Do you need any more help getting your PDF ready and posted?
Old September 21st, 2018, 06:06 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
It's not a VirtualScape tutorial, it's a "posting your maps" tutorial. VirtualScape doesn't have much in the way of a tutorial, most people just play around with it until they figure things out. (Many people can't figure out how to remove the table, so don't feel bad).

Do you need any more help getting your PDF ready and posted?
Thanks, I have no clue on to post the PDF, also my 3rd page doesn't fill up the whole page, how do it type in the PDF.
Old September 21st, 2018, 06:12 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Your sentences seem a bit discombobulated, so I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "I clue on to post the PDF".

If you want to add text on the third page, go to Configuration --> Map Parameters. There's a box for the name of your battlefield, the name of the creator, the number of players, and a scenario description. For my "scenario description" I usually put the build requirements, any glyphs required, and then any notes about building the map. For example:

Quote:
A tournament map using BftU and VW, with 2 random treasure glyphs. Any standard trap may be used. Note that the base for the 3-hex outcrop is used in the base level.
Old September 21st, 2018, 06:36 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Your sentences seem a bit discombobulated, so I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "I clue on to post the PDF".

If you want to add text on the third page, go to Configuration --> Map Parameters. There's a box for the name of your battlefield, the name of the creator, the number of players, and a scenario description. For my "scenario description" I usually put the build requirements, any glyphs required, and then any notes about building the map. For example:

Quote:
A tournament map using BftU and VW, with 2 random treasure glyphs. Any standard trap may be used. Note that the base for the 3-hex outcrop is used in the base level.
I corrected myself, sorry for the confusion, but what I have on my 3rd page is stuff like the point value, build requirements and glyphs. How can I make my PDF like @Sir Heroscape Home of the Drudge map.
Old September 21st, 2018, 06:40 PM
This is merely a joke.

I would guess he uses a PDF Editor. There's really no need to do that, though. The standard 3-page VirtualScape PDFs are all you need.
Old September 21st, 2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
I would guess he uses a PDF Editor. There's really no need to do that, though. The standard 3-page VirtualScape PDFs are all you need.
What I need to do now is to post the PDF to this site.
Old September 21st, 2018, 08:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

Okay. Well you first need to upload it to the internet somewhere, and then post a link to it. I use mediafire.com, but that's probably not the best site to use. If I were you, I'd use Google Drive.

Upload your PDF to Google Drive (you'll need a Google account if you don't already have one). Make sure it's public, and copy the link and paste it here.

Google Drive has lots of info that's publicly available, so if you get stuck on any of those parts, try Googling it.
Old September 21st, 2018, 11:51 PM

Building Requirements: 1 RotV + 1 SotM + 1 BftU + 1 TT

400 - 600 points for armies

Marr Battle Grounds

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; September 25th, 2018 at 11:40 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2018, 11:18 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey! Way to start getting some maps posted! A quick thought on your latest posting:

It's very apparent that this latest map you posted is heavily influenced by Sir Heroscape's map, "Home of the Drudge". In a case like that where you want to modify or redesign a map originally designed by someone else, it's considered respectful to give credit where credit is due and acknowledge the original designer. For example, if I had posted the map you posted, I would add in something like this, "Modification of 'Home of the Drudge' by Sir Heroscape". That way, it doesn't come across like you're trying to take credit for his work.

Good luck with getting some more maps up!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old September 22nd, 2018, 04:08 PM
This is merely a joke.

Any progress on getting build instructions posted? I'm happy to help if you feel stuck.
Old September 22nd, 2018, 07:42 PM

Building Requirements: 1 (RotV) + 1 (SotM) + 1 Marvel + 1 (BftU) + 1 (VW) + 1 (TT)

Number of Players: 2 - 8

8 players = 285

7 players = 350

6 players = 475

5 players = 500

4 players = 625

3 players = 750

2 players = 875

World War H

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; September 25th, 2018 at 11:19 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2018, 07:53 PM
This is merely a joke.

Is that 8 different start zones? Wow!

Any build instructions for this one?

A tip: if you're using so many sets (I see Marvel, Rise of the Valkyrie, Thaelenk Tundra, Battle for the Underdark, Volcarren Wasteland, and Swarm of the Marro) you should try to use more of the tiles.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios