Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 23rd, 2017, 09:37 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Karnak - Breathing Period

How about instead of needing excess shields, it's equal to or greater?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 24th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Ooh, I like that. Actually, we could reword that to:

Quote:
CALCULATED COUNTER STRIKE
After rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if Karnak received no wounds from that attack, the attacking figure receives 1 wound and its turn immediately ends.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 24th, 2017, 12:27 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That wording does let it trigger when other figures cancel/redirect attacks away from Karnak. Might want to go this way instead:

Quote:
When rolling defense dice against an adjacent normal attack, if the number of shields you roll is equal to or greater than the number of skulls the attacker rolled, the attacking figure receives one wound and its turn immediately ends.

Quote:
Old January 24th, 2017, 02:43 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Hmm... I kind of actually like the theme of him using it even when the attack is blocked/redirected (as him calculating the way things will play out and taking advantage of it), but it may be a balance concern with defensive figures.

Old January 24th, 2017, 04:15 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
That wording does let it trigger when other figures cancel/redirect attacks away from Karnak. Might want to go this way instead:

Quote:
When rolling defense dice against an adjacent normal attack, if the number of shields you roll is equal to or greater than the number of skulls the attacker rolled, the attacking figure receives one wound and its turn immediately ends.
Counter question, because I truly don't know here. Since it is worded as skulls rolled would that mean that he could counter strike on a turn that he is wounded if for instance Master Martial Arts adds one automatic Skull to what is rolled and Karnak rolled equal to what was rolled before the auto skull is added.

Example because I'm not sure I worded this clearly enough...

Figure A rolls 3 Skulls + MMA adds 1
Karnak rolls 3 Shields.

Karnak receives one wound (4-3=1) but he rolled Shields equal to the number of Skulls "rolled" so Figure A also receives a wound.

I actually think that's kind of cool.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 24th, 2017, 04:32 PM

Hmm....interesting. That means you might roll 2 skulls for Deadly Strike and get 4 hits but if Karnak rolls 2 shields, he takes 2 wounds and then inflicts 1 wound on the deadly striker.

If we want to avoid all that though....

Quote:
When rolling defense dice against an adjacent normal attack, if the number of shields you roll is equal to or greater than the number of the attacker's hits, the attacking figure receives one wound and its turn immediately ends.
We haven't used language like that before so it will probably confuse people.

Quote:
Old January 24th, 2017, 06:37 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Hmm....interesting. That means you might roll 2 skulls for Deadly Strike and get 4 hits but if Karnak rolls 2 shields, he takes 2 wounds and then inflicts 1 wound on the deadly striker.

If we want to avoid all that though....

Quote:
When rolling defense dice against an adjacent normal attack, if the number of shields you roll is equal to or greater than the number of the attacker's hitsskulls, the attacking figure receives one wound and its turn immediately ends.
We haven't used language like that before so it will probably confuse people.
You can probably just word it like this and avoid the "rolled" part for the attacker.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 24th, 2017, 09:34 PM

Hmm, lots of options going about. Let's put this to a poll. Everybody please pick your favorite (or favorites) from the below list for Karnak's third power, to go along with Inhuman Tactician and Assess Weakness (his Life and Defense can be adjusted as needed):

OPTION A:
Quote:
PRECOGNITIVE STRIKE 13
When an opponent's figure without the Mental Shield special power targets Karnak for an adjacent attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, the opponent's figure receives 1 wound and its turn immediately ends.
OPTION B:
Quote:
DEFENSIVE PREMONITION 13
Before rolling defense dice for Karnak, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, roll 3 additional defense dice and if the attacking figure is within 3 clear sight spaces of Karnak, count each excess shield as one unblockable hit on the attacking figure.
OPTION C:
Quote:
CALCULATED DEFENSE
When an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces attacks Karnak with a normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, you may defend with Calculated Defense. When defending with Calculated Defense you must roll at least 2 defense dice. After defending, if Karnak has not been destroyed, you may roll all remaining defense dice. All shields rolled on the remaining defense dice count as unblockable hits on the attacker.
OPTION D:
Quote:
COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
OPTION E: (would replace the current Assess Weakness, dropping him to 2 powers)
Quote:
ASSESS WEAKNESS
When Karnak defends against a normal attack, each shield rolled by the attacker counts as one additional block for Karnak up to the number of shields rolled by Karnak. When Karnak attacks a figure with his normal attack, each skull rolled by the defender counts as one additional hit on the defender up to the number of skulls rolled by Karnak.
OPTION F:
Quote:
After rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if Karnak received no wounds from that attack, the attacking figure receives 1 wound and its turn immediately ends.
OPTION G:
Quote:
OPTION H:
Quote:
When rolling defense dice against an adjacent normal attack, if the number of shields you roll is equal to or greater than the number of the attacker's hits, the attacking figure receives one wound and its turn immediately ends.

A, B, and C all have theme issues (the Mental Shield restriction in A doesn't fit, and B and C giving Karnak range doesn't quite work); also feel like E misses the theme a bit too.

I like D, F, G, and H, with F being my favorite.

Old January 25th, 2017, 12:41 AM
A Man of Taste

F, & G are my favorite with a lean toward G. D was on the list but I like the chipping away aspect of 1 wound.

Leaning G is due to the chance that he can take a hit and still wound the attacker.

Old January 25th, 2017, 01:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I actually like the idea of reusing C here quite a bit, waiting to see how well the attacker rolled first than taking a calculated risk to try and defense while also dealing wounds back seems very appropriate. However, you do make a good point about him suddenly gaining a ranged attack. I suppose you could justify the theme with the idea he is using him surroundings as part of his attack or throwing something that he does not use on offense but rather saves if for a defensive move. If C, or a rewritten version of C without the range component does not excite the rest of you, then the counter strike options of F & G are both okay with me as well with G being my preference between the two.
Old January 25th, 2017, 02:22 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I actually like the idea of reusing C here quite a bit, waiting to see how well the attacker rolled first than taking a calculated risk to try and defense while also dealing wounds back seems very appropriate. However, you do make a good point about him suddenly gaining a ranged attack. I suppose you could justify the theme with the idea he is using him surroundings as part of his attack or throwing something that he does not use on offense but rather saves if for a defensive move. If C, or a rewritten version of C without the range component does not excite the rest of you, then the counter strike options of F & G are both okay with me as well with G being my preference between the two.
Honestly if it wasn't for the Ranged portion Calculated Defense would be my first choice. Perhaps we rewrite it for melee and then we'd have a version for both.

Old January 25th, 2017, 08:31 PM

I don't know, "calculated risk" doesn't feel much like Karnak to me. He's more the "I analyzed the situation and know exactly how to prevent and counter that person's attack" type character. Though to be honest, I haven't actually read all that much with Karnak in it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library