Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Sculpt Concepts
Ullar 12 92.31%
Jandar 2 15.38%
Scout 4 30.77%
Leader 8 61.54%
Howl of Triumph 1 7.69%
Conditional Bonding - Rally 5 38.46%
Frontline fighter 6 46.15%
Restrained, Noble, not a frontline fighter 3 23.08%
Ranged attack 1 7.69%
Mortal Strike 1 7.69%
Enraged Strike 13 2 15.38%
Relentless 0 0%
Hunter 4 30.77%
Warlord 4 30.77%
Champion 5 38.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 25th, 2018, 10:23 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Real Preliminary Boot Camp of Valhalla Concept Poll

Well met!

See Boot Camp of Valhalla reboot for picture of sculpt - Armored female Elf riding armored Wolf.

Good internet at Patsy's on the ocean in Negril. [Pushing the Poll button now.]

Last edited by kolakoski; December 25th, 2018 at 11:58 AM.
Old December 25th, 2018, 02:58 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Real Preliminary Boot Camp of Valhalla Concept Poll

Going to pop out a few notes:

Imo:
A howling power sounds cool. Howl of triumph is probably absurdly overpowered though. An extra attack and movement is huge in a competitive format, without resorting to Taelord levels of pricing.

I like multiple visions of this unit, whether it was outsider, queen, or warlord. Champion could also be fitting for someone who tamed a snow wolf.

Relentless feels like the wolf, not the elf. It also suggests that the elf fights on the all out offence. I have a harder time imagining that a mounted unit can fight unrestrained without getting the mount killed. But then again, I imagine relentless as willing to charge into a wall of spears. No ‘sane’ cavalier would do that.

Regarding range, sadly the mini is using a spear of some type. Unless she’s using it as a javelin, we can’t give her a reasonable ranged attack. Magic is out too, since the wizards faction is done. Unless we made her a DnD elf.

I like Enraged Strike here a lot, as a way to get the wolf involved in battle without a direct 2nd attack or D20 attack. Like I said earlier, the wolf is more likely to be relentless in combat. Tame, sure. But it’s still a wolf.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; December 25th, 2018 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Typos
Old December 25th, 2018, 03:36 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post

Regarding range, sadly the mini is using a spear of some type. Unless she’s using it as a javelin, we can’t give her a reasonable ranged attack. Magic is out too, since the wizards faction is done. Unless we made her a DnD elf.
Not necessarily - remember Sonlen exists. That being said, I don't really see her as a devoted spellcaster.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 25th, 2018, 03:40 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

Not necessarily - remember Sonlen exists. That being said, I don't really see her as a devoted spellcaster.
Good point. I forgot archmages were a thing.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old December 26th, 2018, 11:37 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

My comments are numbered within:

Quote:
Going to pop out a few notes:

Imo:
A howling power sounds cool. Howl of triumph is probably absurdly overpowered though. An extra attack and movement is huge in a competitive format, without resorting to Taelord levels of pricing.

1. Too powerful? Set it to trigger based on the roll of a 20-sider.

I like multiple visions of this unit, whether it was outsider, queen, or warlord. Champion could also be fitting for someone who tamed a snow wolf.

2. Not a large sample size and early days yet, but the implications of the current state of the Real Preliminary Boot Camp Poll are interesting.

Relentless feels like the wolf, not the elf. It also suggests that the elf fights on the all out offence. I have a harder time imagining that a mounted unit can fight unrestrained without getting the mount killed. But then again, I imagine relentless as willing to charge into a wall of spears. No ‘sane’ cavalier would do that.

3. Good point. Perhaps a dual Personality? Relentless and . . . ?

4. Spears can be thrown. Mortal Strike could be done with a spear - and can imply the spear's hitting its mark giving the Wolf an opportunity to inflict additional wounds.

I like Enraged Strike here a lot, as a way to get the wolf involved in battle without a direct 2nd attack or D20 attack. Like I said earlier, the wolf is more likely to be relentless in combat. Tame, sure. But it’s still a wolf.

5. I consider it a defensive offensive Power, representing his aggressiveness, intended to be in addition to the Wolf's normal attack.
Old December 26th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

What if she was a royal guard instead of a royal herself? That would explain to me why she has the fancy armor but would allow her to be more of a front-liner like the poll is suggesting people want so far.
Old December 26th, 2018, 06:30 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Personally, I like the idea of a quick rider with at most a slight ranged attack (perhaps 4 range with Javelin, although I'm not partial of that power), but some kind of rallying mechanic if she ends her turn engaged.

Having an Elven Warlord would also be a really nice way to tie the Vipers and Elves together, and is something that I wish we had seen in classic 'Scape. It could pose a slight problem with Romans, of course, but I think that this can be avoided depending on the design. A bigger problem would be unifying this with the concept of being a Warlord--bonding with Armocs and then taking a turn with Aubrien Archers (potentially multiple thanks to Frenzy) could drive up the price of that kind of design, as cool as it sounds.

I like the idea of some kind of terrain boost on snow but not making it integral to the design. That evokes Nerak and some other units with terrain-dependent abilities that aren't solely dependent on them quite well, in my opinion.
Old January 1st, 2019, 03:53 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

NAME = AMANDA HUGANKIS
GENERAL = ULLAR

SPECIES = ELF
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = BOLD

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

WAR HOWL 16 (from Ronin)
Before taking a turn with an Elf you control, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, all figures within 3 spaces of Amanda roll 2 fewer defense dice if attacked by an Elf you control this turn.

SPEAR THROW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
When attacking with Spear Throw Special Attack, Amanda may target and attack non-adjacent figures, even if she is engaged. This Special Attack may only be used once per round.

SNOW AND ICE ENHANCED MOVEMENT
Slippery Ice and Heavy Snow only count as 1 space when moving.
Old January 1st, 2019, 04:36 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

The sculpt is a more epic looking sculpt so I think it would be fitting for her to be more of a leader with some limited synergy. It seems a waste to have a mounted unit that doesn't have some type of lead the charge or "look to me for inspiration" effect.

I can see her fitting in nicely as a flagbearer/cheerleader unit.
Old January 6th, 2019, 03:25 PM
I could go

@kolakaski

Where to from here?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old January 6th, 2019, 09:04 PM

Well met!

Other than being Ullar, nothing is decided, at least by consensus. A number of good ideas have been presented. Even as we return to this discussion, a new power occurs to me . . .

Elven Protector 13
Designate an Elf hero for Theya to protect. If the chosen Elf hero is attacked and at least one wound is inflicted upon it and the attacker is within 6 spaces of Theya, you may move Theya to any space adjacent to the attacking unit and roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 13 or higher, the attacker receives a wound. Theya will take any leaving engagement attacks when using Elven Protector 13.

Sort of an Enraged Strike, but triggered by the protected figure’s wounding. Also the attacker need not be adjacent to the protected figure. This would preclude using the original Enraged Strike.

I still like Double Assault for this unit, but would settle for Double Attack.

It’s tempting to add some sort of defensive power due to the armor, but a high defense number should suffice.

Some Snow/Ice power would be OK.

What would you advise?

Last edited by kolakoski; January 6th, 2019 at 09:54 PM.
Old January 10th, 2019, 12:05 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have created a thread for centralized discussion for this project that I plan to maintain throughout the process. The thread is here. This should be the last thread created for this project and the one we use going forward.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards