Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 29th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dallas "Epic" Game Day (July 27) - RULES & ARMIES ON P1

I'm glad I missed the dip!

Old July 29th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart

Thanks all for the compliments and everyone showing up who said they were going to show up. I had a lot of fun and think most of the even went as I had planned. The parts that didn't were. . .

The main thing that didn't go as I thought was the games were very slow. I wanted each game to last about an hour. For that I recommend anyone else who does a similar event do 400 pt armies and 4 rounds max!

The other minor thing is that most of you seemed to forget your #1 goal was finding glyphs for your Generals. You all got a bit too caught up in killing the other army.

I also thought I had picked some easy glyphs spots that people would surely run over, but I guess next time I will have to make ALL of them super obvious spots.

Mistress of Seduction hardly stayed alive, and the hive only birthed stuff once.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old July 29th, 2008, 02:34 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You said it yourself, funrun - "She's no angel!"

When some crazy invisible monster that seduces away all my powers pops up all of a sudden, my gut instinct is "Kill it! Kill it with fire NOW!"

Old July 29th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
The look on the Apartment Manager's face as she led a tour through the club house for prospective tenants. "And here we have the pool table, which is covered in...Well I don't know what this is, but these people sure seem to be enjoying it..."
I'm sad I missed this, because it sounds hilarious! I saw her tour a few people through and was too nervous about what we were doing in there (breaking some rules) to look her in the eye!

funrun's HS Repaints
Old July 30th, 2008, 08:59 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker

Alright, where are the pics of this Epic event? I can't be the only one wondering what this looked like.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old July 30th, 2008, 10:28 PM
DipStick

spiderM9 Woo who?

working on it...

Whaaar's my piratin' outfit?
Old August 4th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Site Admin

Or not...?

funrun's HS Repaints
Old August 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Please SpiderM9, you can doooooo it!
Old August 7th, 2008, 08:42 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Are you sketching these pictures in charcoal, or something?

Old August 7th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Are you sketching these pictures in charcoal, or something?
Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Spider the dude from Austin?

Maybe he got lost on the way home. Or maybe he didn't make it - I mean, gas is freakin' expensive.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 7th, 2008, 11:17 PM
DipStick

spiderM9 Woo who?

Computer crashed, pictures too big, charcoal kept breaking, but finally...

http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...Dallas%20Epic/

Driving up from Austin, I arrived a bit early. Upon entering the Epic clubhouse, the first sight was, well, a wall of Heroscape. I wish I'd shown up a few minutes earlier to see the Dr. Livingston navigate the forklift through the pool area.

I tried to stay out of the way while the massive map was built. Notice (just a few of) the premade armies in the tubs sitting on the shelf in the background.

Almost ready now, setting up the armies for the 4 consecutive battles.

Round 1 of Battle 1 begins:

Meanwhile, as Round 1 Battle 1 raged on for days and nights, a few pickup games were underway.

Then funrun says, "wait a minute, where did you step", and opens her little box for what would be the first of many little surprises, this one being the previously invisible Dumutef that had an issue with the Microcorp stepping on that one little piece of his bridge...

The end of Round 1, Battle 1, and again with the surprises. A big blue Mimring cleans up the stragglers in the starting area.

When the Mistress of Seduction arrives, the armies call a little truce to take care of business. She looked great, but didn't have the stamina...

[Fast forward past the Epic dragon battle on the hilltop castle]
The final surprise was well played, the Silver Surfer has his cameo.

Whaaar's my piratin' outfit?
Old August 8th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice SpiderM9. Thanks for posting the pics!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events