Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 12th, 2011, 07:27 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

@FS93
I was an audio/visual tech for a ministry years ago. The director of operations told me something during training that I have applied to many things in life.

"If something isn't working, check to make sure it is plugged in before you try to take it apart and fix it."

Seems simple doesn't it? So many times we try to "open up" something to try to fix it when we could save a lot of time by just making sure it is plugged in- IOW, always start with the most simple things.

When looking at a card for the SoV, I start with the simplest thing- availability of figs. It is one of the most objective parts of what we do, therefore it is also the easiest. So, if a nomination doesn't meet our criteria there (it isn't "plugged in"), I don't try to fix anything after that; that isn't why the SoV is here.

Whether that makes you feel any better or not I don't know, but that is where I start (and stop if necessary) when looking at a card.
Old September 12th, 2011, 07:30 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
When looking at a card for the SoV, I start with the simplest thing- availability of figs. It is one of the most objective parts of what we do, therefore it is also the easiest. So, if a nomination doesn't meet our criteria there (it isn't "plugged in"), I don't try to fix anything after that; that isn't why the SoV is here.

-insert signature here-
Old September 12th, 2011, 07:56 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I liked the Skeleton Archers before, and after revision...guess what I still like them

Yes to review Skeleton Archers by Typhoon2222 and Sertorius.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 12th, 2011, 08:23 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Wow! That is some genius wording on Cursed Longbows

Yes to review Skeleton Archers
Old September 12th, 2011, 08:26 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Yeah huh? My ghostwriter charges an arm and a leg though.
Old September 13th, 2011, 12:03 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Yes to the Skeleton Archers.
Old September 13th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

YES (again ) to review the Skeleton Warriors (and now that they're Undead instead of Skeletons my Zombie Hulk ploy will actually work ).

I'll get them added to the OP when I'm on my real computer.

Edit: All caught up.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; September 13th, 2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:04 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Skeletal Archers for review.

-insert signature here-
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

After seeing some of the other feedback from SoV judges, I am going to remove my 77th from the process here. I will rework them and resubmit them if I like them.
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Yeah huh? My ghostwriter charges an arm and a leg though.
Is he a necromancer? Constructing a new skeleton? (Man, that's bad. )

I vote YES to review the Skeletal Archers. I will admit (and should have said before) that any 4-man ranged squad makes me nervous. They seem (based on what we have) to be particularly hard to balance. But these guys look solid () enough to give a good look at them.

@Tickle: Thanks for submitting your work. I hope we see your 77th again.
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ok, Tickle, thanks for giving us the opportunity to look at your nomination. I was particularly intrigued with Point Blank, which I thought was a simple, thematic, elegant special ability.

to reviewing the Skeletal Archers. They are precipitously close to problematic in too many different directions. They walk a very, very, fine line. Vanishingly small line. And I don't see the payoff making me want to walk it with them.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Ok, Tickle, thanks for giving us the opportunity to look at your nomination. I was particularly intrigued with Point Blank, which I thought was a simple, thematic, elegant special ability.
Thanks, I am probably just going to rework or replace Noble Sacrifice.

Thanks to all the SoV judges who gave this design due consideration.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs