Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old April 5th, 2021, 09:28 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Casters of Valhalla

https://castersofvalhalla.wixsite.co...ouncing-covcon

Join my dad and I as we introduce CoVCon! We hope to see you all in Indy this summer!
Old April 10th, 2021, 01:56 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

https://castersofvalhalla.wixsite.co...ng-and-prizing

George and I talk through the tentative pricing and prizing of ScapeCon! Hope to see you in Indy this summer!
Old April 26th, 2021, 07:28 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Pre-ScapeCon Hang #1

I'm joined by InfectedSloth (Nathan), Nick the Ant (Nick), Mr. Migraine (Mitch), Mr. Wookiee (Chndler), Earl of Sandwich (Ben), and Boromir96 (Isaac) for a hang! After a few brief announcements and introductions, we talk about prepping for events and get a few hot takes on overrated and underrated units. Do we agree? Of course not!
Old April 28th, 2021, 12:38 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Over/Under

My takes on the over/underrated conversation.

Hydra - Hydra is very good as long as it has some measure of control over picking its targets. This is why it pairs so nicely with rats and why there were the comments about bonding melee. I think it's probably A- due to sheer potential thinking about it more.

Q10 - The big thing with Q10 is 8 range. Being able to sit back and attack at 8 range allows you to do things you can't with Kaemon. Large soulborg immunities and two flexible SAs are to me worth the extra 30 points. Since I tend to play more range I find Kaemon's 4/4 stat line dies faster than Q's.

Knights - Knights are good.

Siege - I love the potential of Siege but it's hard to get him to where you want him to be much like how OEAO pointed out the 5 move 1 range. If you can get him to a spot he can do damage though.

Marro Warriors - So the Marro Warriors change the game by giving you inevitability. There are very few units that can beat Marro Warriors in the endgame. So you have to have a plan for how to deal with them before endgame or else you're going to lose to them. That's what makes them as potentially game warping as Q9, rats, or Raelin.

Drudge - I actually really like Drudge and ran them with Torin once. It was fun. They are like worse Stingers but on a swamp map they can be pretty solid. Off a swamp map though, 2 defense hurts a lot. C+ is very reasonable though.

Isamu - I actually can think of ONE army that was built around Isamu. Ixe for Gencon prep played MacDirk Warriors with Isamu and on OM 1 Isamu would attack Alastair meaning that he usually had like 4-5 attack MacDirks right out of the gate. It was a really clever move and I liked it a lot. Otherwise, yeah he's basically fodder that occasionally will do great things.

Deadeye Dan - Dan's biggest problem is that if you engage Deadeye Dan you basically remove the SA. If he moves to get out of engagement he can't use his powers. I like him (of course I do I play all sorts of weird junk), but the fact that he is super easy to neuter really hurts him even in the situations where he would be really good.

Mind Flayer - I love the Mind Flayer and agree with everything said. One thing that was missed though is if you're on a lava map, enslave is sometimes as good as an autokill power.

Laglor - So I think the big thing about Lags is that generally by the time you're using Laglor it's endgame and his stats are REALLY good for endgame even if the SA doesn't cooperate with you. I can see the argument for B+ but I think he's an A- because he can just force you to sit back and make your opponent come to you. (I ran him in the Online Con Championship event with James Murphy (exactly who you think of when you think of boosting with Laglor) and that threat range allowed me to do some ridiculous things.

Raelin II: The Raelining - She's probably B or B+. Whirlwind Attack is really good and the aura ain't bad. I do agree that if Raelin I: Rise of Raelin didn't exist, Raelin likely wouldn't appear in top armies.

Atlaga vs. Concan - So I think I realized why I view Atlaga as better than Concan. When I have Atlaga I'm usually running Minions/Sentinels/etc. The +1 move for those units to me is more important than giving a slight boost to PKs that require a specific spot on the map. Plus in endgame, I'd definitely rather have the ability to kite than the ability to not kite.

I feel like OEAO has not been on the end of enough kiting matchups and that's why he devalues these units that can do that really easily.

~Dysole, with opinions on overrated/underrated but most of her opinions are about underrated because of all the weird stuff she plays
Old April 28th, 2021, 09:54 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Re: Over/Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
My takes on the over/underrated conversation.

Hydra - Hydra is very good as long as it has some measure of control over picking its targets. This is why it pairs so nicely with rats and why there were the comments about bonding melee. I think it's probably A- due to sheer potential thinking about it more.

Deadeye Dan - Dan's biggest problem is that if you engage Deadeye Dan you basically remove the SA. If he moves to get out of engagement he can't use his powers. I like him (of course I do I play all sorts of weird junk), but the fact that he is super easy to neuter really hurts him even in the situations where he would be really good.

Laglor - So I think the big thing about Lags is that generally by the time you're using Laglor it's endgame and his stats are REALLY good for endgame even if the SA doesn't cooperate with you. I can see the argument for B+ but I think he's an A- because he can just force you to sit back and make your opponent come to you. (I ran him in the Online Con Championship event with James Murphy (exactly who you think of when you think of boosting with Laglor) and that threat range allowed me to do some ridiculous things. )

Atlaga vs. Concan - So I think I realized why I view Atlaga as better than Concan. When I have Atlaga I'm usually running Minions/Sentinels/etc. The +1 move for those units to me is more important than giving a slight boost to PKs that require a specific spot on the map. Plus in endgame, I'd definitely rather have the ability to kite than the ability to not kite.

I feel like OEAO has not been on the end of enough kiting matchups and that's why he devalues these units that can do that really easily.

~Dysole, with opinions on overrated/underrated but most of her opinions are about underrated because of all the weird stuff she plays
I still don't know how to multi-quote, so here we are.

Hydra: A little confused- are you saying A-?
DD: That's very fair. Still think he may be worth the C.
Laglor: I heard there's a B+ and under event soon!

Atlaga vs. Concan: honestly, it's mostly a joke. Yeah, Atlaga's better (and I have been on both ends of kiting... although I tend to be the one kiting with Nilf or Skahen...)... but I'm not sure he's better outside the Minions and Sentinels builds. I don't think he's that great at kiting. Concan is just way better in the builds I play, which is why I joke about him being better.
Old April 28th, 2021, 10:07 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hydraphobia

Yeah thinking about it, I think the Hydra should be an A- because it can't disengage as nicely and is hurt when it can't really pick targets, but when it's on, it's on and can be such an overwhelming unit to face.

I mean I was already potentially looking at Gnator/Nakitas (although I would have to borrow all my monkeys from someone else)

~Dysole, who usually multi quotes by just throwing [quote][/quote] tags around what she wants
Old April 28th, 2021, 10:19 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Re: Hydraphobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Yeah thinking about it, I think the Hydra should be an A- because it can't disengage as nicely and is hurt when it can't really pick targets, but when it's on, it's on and can be such an overwhelming unit to face.

I mean I was already potentially looking at Gnator/Nakitas (although I would have to borrow all my monkeys from someone else)

~Dysole, who usually multi quotes by just throwing [quote][/quote] tags around what she wants
I'm not sure what my plans are yet, but you can definitely borrow mine if I'm not using them.
Old July 8th, 2021, 11:34 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

https://castersofvalhalla.wixsite.co...capecon-hang-2

Warning: Some nonsense ahead

Mike is joined by Gordon (Deroche), Jacob (NecroBlade), David (Viideosayg), Sam (Dysole), Chris (Chris Perkins), and Tommy (MegaSilver) in this loose conversation about Delta Pricing, Formats, Partial-Card Scoring, Cooking Rice, X-Wing, and more (I think ScapeCon gets mentioned, but who knows at this point)!

Really, this ends up primarily being a discussion about Delta Pricing and the future of the game.

Last edited by OEAO; July 9th, 2021 at 09:19 AM.
Old July 9th, 2021, 07:49 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 9th, 2021, 06:02 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Haven't listened yet...but is Delta pricing going to become a "thing" now? I noticed OHS introduced the new format...is GenCon organizers considering adding it as a format?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 9th, 2021, 06:05 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Haven't listened yet...but is Delta pricing going to become a "thing" now? I noticed OHS introduced the new format...is GenCon organizers considering adding it as a format?
We discussed that very question/concept for quite awhile, so annoying as this answer is, you’ll need to listen.

Old July 15th, 2021, 10:10 AM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I remember there being a "Legacy" pricing list, back in the day. Some friends and I used it a couple times in casual games. Main thing I remember is that it made Grok Riders and Templar Cavalry more feasible in regular play.

I would personally be interested in some one-off tournaments utilizing Delta. I could see these tournaments not being advertised in public, like a regular tourney might be, to avoid confusion with non-Heroscapers.com players, who may be unfamiliar with Delta

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion