Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old March 12th, 2015, 12:48 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
What is this errata for Spider-Man: Wall-Crawler that you speak of?

Also, have you tried the new D&D Dice Masters that released today? I wasn't interested at first (anxiously awaiting DC), until my local game store mentioned that they were handing out a promo card to the first people buying the D&D starter. Between that and hearing one of the guys at the store talking about a Beholder, I became hooked. Told myself I'll swing by when they open, pick up the starter, nab the promo, and continue to anxiously await DC DiceMasters.

And then I opened it with my son. And dammit, it's just as I feared. I fell in love with it. It is awesome and now I'm looking at all my loose pocket change to go pick the boosters up. It feeds the D&D itch, and the dicing itch all at once. It's a good one to pick up, in my opinion. But alas, there goes all my spare money again...
His ability now replaces his attack. So you take the opponent down to 10 and then Spider-Man goes to the used pile. Before he would take you down to 10 and still do his attack damage of 5. http://www.thereservepool.com/2015/0...b-defused.html

I have not looked into the DnD set. Our shop owner said he wasn't buying any unless at least a couple people were interested. Right now we are all only interested in super heroes. I might grab a starter at some point just to have but Im not a DnD fan at all so its not a must have. Plus the less I spend on DnD the more I can spend on DC when it comes out

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old March 12th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's soooo what I thought, until I opened it up, lol.

Also, thanks for that link. Just checked out some of the DC characters, and I gotta say, I'm pretty pumped!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old March 13th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Yesterday I played three games with @chas . First was Forbidden Island. A fun little cooperative game that doesn't take too long.

The we played The Queen's Gambit, which is a Star Wars game based on the first prequel movie. We played one of the rules wrong, but overall it was a fun game. The Sith side won. The game was designed by Craig Van Ness, which is always a plus.

Finally we played Seven Wonders with the Wonder Pack expansion. It was Chas' first time and he liked it more than he expected to.

Old March 13th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wednesday I started a five player game of Sid Meier's Civilization that's "to be continued" next week. I'm doing my best to strategize the next few rounds' worth of moves now! I have strong players going for cultural victories on each border and I just got weakened by a battle. Should be interesting to see if I can rebound and take it! Go Spain!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 13th, 2015, 05:52 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played Castles of Mad King Ludwig today at work. Very Suburbia like, made by the same company. Thought I would like it more. Stephen Universe says it plays better with 3 than 2, but we'll see. It was fun, but for now I would rather play Suburbia.

Going to play Bolt Action for the first time tomorrow morning and possibly Chain of Command after that. Looking forward to both.
Old March 13th, 2015, 06:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Played Castles of Mad King Ludwig today at work. Very Suburbia like, made by the same company. Thought I would like it more. Stephen Universe says it plays better with 3 than 2, but we'll see. It was fun, but for now I would rather play Suburbia.

Going to play Bolt Action for the first time tomorrow morning and possibly Chain of Command after that. Looking forward to both.

Played Chain of Command a couple months ago. This one guy that used to game in our group more has been spending most of his gaming time with miniatures systems and he ran a game of Chain of Command with British vs. Germans in 20mm. Pretty cool. Darn MG42 was brutal.

Hopefully I'll get to play it again sometime.

I'm going to a very small historical gaming convention in a northwest suburb of Chicago in a couple weeks and will be demoing Sergeants Miniatures Game again there like I did last year. I'll get my WWII fix again, though I did play a 4 hour game of Heroes of Normandie a few weeks ago.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 14th, 2015, 08:50 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Sometime today, the Kickstarter for Mare Nostrum (2.0) should go up, if you want to check it out. It was originally a 3-5 player about the greatest empires in the Ancient world duking it out via military action, trading, economics, and building things. It was never released in the USA; I played the British version at a Con years ago, enjoyed it, and never saw it again!

The designer has just written articles in French detailing what has been changed, we started discussing them on bgg, and its looking good so far if you like this type of game. The new MN is supposedly more balanced, there are more ways to win, and now (new) minis which are different for each nation, etc. They are Egypt, Babylon, Greece, Carthage, and Rome, each with different special abilities, heroes, and more. I expect the new offering will have the details in English with photos.

Mare Nostrum started out as a good and popular game, hopefully now it will be a great one, with even a brand new two player version too. I'm excited, because I've been waiting over ten years to play it again. The few folks I've talked to who also played the old version gave it a thumbs up!

(Edit): They just said there will be a one week delay due to a video production issue. There is a now a new entry for MN 2nd Ed. on bgg.

Last edited by chas; March 16th, 2015 at 07:36 AM.
Old March 14th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

@chas , I had played Mare Nostrum a couple times about 3 years ago and really liked it. Unfortunately the guy that owns it has been really busy over the past year and commuting back and forth from Valparaiso, IN to Nevada, so I haven't had a chance to ask him to play it again recently. Interestingly, that guy is Alan D. Ernstein, the designer of a really good game called Inca Empire and Palenque, as well as many others that haven't been as mass produced. I've helped test some of his more recent games and can't wait to see them published, as Alan is a good guy.

I'm glad that Mare Nostrom is getting another printing. I'll have to see where my finances are during the kickstarter, but I might have to wait until it comes to retail, as I recently backed The Great War, Above and Below, and ordered the Britannia & Germania map expansion for Concordia.

Old March 14th, 2015, 03:36 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I played a game of Uber Chrononauts (or base Chrononauts mixed with an expansion) and Star Trek Catan on Thursday night at a Philosophy Club game night at my community college. Lost the Catan game, but won Chrononauts (by making World War 3 happen, thus sending my character back home, getting ten cards, and getting the most artifacts, thus fulfilling all three of my win conditions). It was a very close game. I liked it, and hope to buy it soon, besides, who doesn't want to mess with the time stream?

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old March 14th, 2015, 10:22 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

GMT announced today adding COMMANDS AND COLORS NAPOLEONICS Expansion 5: Generals, Marshals, and Tacticians to its P500 preorder list.

"This is the largest CCN Expansion we've done so far."
--GMT

"In my opinion, this expansion will impact your Commands & Colors Napoleonics gaming like no other expansion has done to date."
--Richard Borg

Included are:

*A second deck of Tactical Cards, and a key for all previously published scenarios so you can use them for any.

*A revised deck of Command Cards, keyed to the new second deck.

*18 new scenarios, including 5 with more than one Allied nation on the field.

*New unit types including Russian Light Lancer Cavalry, British Rocket Battery, and French Guard Horse Artillery.

*New rules for garrisons, Grand Batteries, and an addition to Leader Casualty checks.

*Over 70 wooden blocks.

* New Terrain tiles, Garrison markers, and Victory Banner counters.

The scenarios are all now listed on bgg and the GMT site, and include a new Waterloo scenario Hougoumont, all of the previously published national armies except the Spanish, and six on various parts of Leipzig--the huge 'Battle of Nations.'

All in all, its an impressive package!
Old March 14th, 2015, 11:49 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
GMT announced today adding COMMANDS AND COLORS NAPOLEONICS Expansion 5: Generals, Marshals, and Tacticians to its P500 preorder list.

"This is the largest CCN Expansion we've done so far."
--GMT

"In my opinion, this expansion will impact your Commands & Colors Napoleonics gaming like no other expansion has done to date."
--Richard Borg

Included are:

*A second deck of Tactical Cards, and a key for all previously published scenarios so you can use them for any.

*A revised deck of Command Cards, keyed to the new second deck.

*18 new scenarios, including 5 with more than one Allied nation on the field.

*New unit types including Russian Light Lancer Cavalry, British Rocket Battery, and French Guard Horse Artillery.

*New rules for garrisons, Grand Batteries, and an addition to Leader Casualty checks.

*Over 70 wooden blocks.

* New Terrain tiles, Garrison markers, and Victory Banner counters.

The scenarios are all now listed on bgg and the GMT site, and include a new Waterloo scenario Hougoumont, all of the previously published national armies except the Spanish, and six on various parts of Leipzig--the huge 'Battle of Nations.'

All in all, its an impressive package!
My buddy Brian just told me on our group's Facebook page that he pre-ordered this. He has every C&C game and all expansions and promos, so I'm not surprised that this is another auto-buy for him.

He said: "Yeah I know. Not only did three news items pop up on BGG, I got the GMT newsletter and my order subscription to all things C&C went off 3 times today. So automatically pre-ordered. I am excited to see it jump to the next level. Tactical Deck seems to be the way all these are going now. But it is good to start to see mixed nations in the scenarios."

Old March 15th, 2015, 07:18 AM

THE CHAS BOARDGAME WATCH LIST FOR SPRING/SUMMER/FALL 2015

1. Age of Conan Expansion 1: Adventures In Hyboria
Kickstarter, ordered, due April

2. Quartermaster General Expansion 1: Air Marshal
Kickstarter, ordered, due July/August

3. C&C Napoleonics Expansion 5: Generals, Marshals, and Tacticians
GMT P500, ordered

4. Mare Nostrum Second Edition
Kickstarter next week

5. The Great War (Richard Borg WWI)
Kickstarted

6. Kemet Expansion 1: Ta-Seti