Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 28th, 2009, 01:05 PM

elf326 is surprisingly tart
Why We Need to Keep Heroscape Alive

Heroscape is my favorite game. Why? It got me into gaming. I would never have cared for gaming if it weren't for this game. In the last years, I have not only played Heroscape, but other games, too. It has opened up a world for me that seems to have no end.

Heroscape's popularity is GIGANTIC. But I can't help but fear for the end of Heroscape. If Heroscape died, what would I do? What would WE ALL do? This community has kept my interest in the game for a long time. Whenever I veered off of Heroscape to try another game, there was always something missing. I want Heroscape to stay forever. I fear what will happen when it is gone. Where will I go? What will I do? Will there ever be a game as good? I apologize if this post is a repeat, but I just want to feel like there is stable ground to walk on in HS.

Many of these fears have been quashed with the release of wave 9, though. It was an awesome wave! What is happening to Marvelscape? Will there be a new master set? Is the game going to last? I really want it to.
Thank you for everything this community has done.
Old July 28th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Why We Need to Keep Heroscape Alive

Uhhh, I hate hearing all about the end of Heroscape. If we keep talking about, it will happen. That is how things work. So let's talk about the continuation of Heroscape instead, shall we? Thanks.

MegaSilver
Old July 28th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Relax, its all good. Truth has stated he is working with WOTC on some new stuff for 'scape. We as a community will keep it going long after it officially ends. I see at least another 2 - 3 good years.

It won't last forever, nothing does. Enjoy.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old July 28th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Fear is the mind-killer.

Why did you decide to start this "doom thread" if you're so enamored with the game? It seems incredibly counterproductive to say, "I love this" on one side and "OMG, what will I do when it's gone" on the other...

Enjoy playing, when the game dies, and it will die, then still play it, enjoy it, and love it. Pretty simple, really. Why worry about your dog dying when he's only 2 years old and in good health - enjoy him while he's here.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 28th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

OH MY!

Even if Wizards fails to support Heroscape in the future and ceases creating new waves and additions, IT DOES NOT MEAN HEROSCAPE IS ANYWHERE NEAR DEATH!

People play Mage Knight; people play Monopoly; people play Risk; people play plenty of board games that never receive any sort of worthwhile supplements now. I know I would keep playing Heroscape regardless of the WotC support.

Heck, we have plenty of Custom creation systems here, so if you are still unhappy, you can adopt some of those.

It's a valiant effort, but you don't have to worry; Heroscape isn't going anywhere any time soon.
Old July 28th, 2009, 01:22 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

The game is only picking up steam. It's becoming a mainstream game like chutes and ladders, most everyone will know what it is in another couple of years.

Looking at Ebay auctions is a good way to gauge the games popularity. I don't mean the auctions where a couple of enthusiasts bid a TT up th $100. If you punch Heroscape into Ebay's search bar you will get just as much non-HS stuff as actual Heroscape product. This indicates to me that sellers have realized the popularity of HS and are using it as a keyword to get their listing to come up. It didn't used to be like this and has really started happening in the last year or so. It's a little frustrating when I'm actually looking for HS stuff, but it's a very good sign for the game.

The only way HS could go away is if it were to fall under its own weight, which I could see in the distant future. But the playtesters have done a great job of balancing the new releases. Here's to a long future.
Old July 28th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As I have said before 'Don't be a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.' Don't worry about the end of HS, it's a long way off.
Old July 28th, 2009, 02:04 PM

elf326 is surprisingly tart

Thanks, everyone, you're probably right.

All right, now I'm going to have a positive mindset for the future of HS!
Old July 28th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain.

Classic.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old July 28th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain.

Classic.

Bannister
Dune! Best sci-fi book ever!
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:02 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Dune! Best sci-fi book ever!
I've heard many people make that same statement. I really need to dust off the copy I bought several years ago and give it a read.

-insert signature here-
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:09 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion