Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 16th, 2019, 07:00 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I very much want him to be a potential JLer, because Lex actually was in the JL pretty close to this era. But I also think that making him a slightly questionable pick for the team is both fun and thematic. Make it so the JL can wrangle some of his more negative elements (Batman can modify his S-I role, and Supes can move him out of engagement so he can repair) and he’s both viable as a JL pick but also a bit pricklier than your average member. Or at least that’s the theory.
That sounds good to me.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 16th, 2019, 07:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I just don't like having to remember to roll the d20 at the start of every single player turn, then when it 'hits' I'm disappointed that I can't do what I was planning on doing with that OM reveal. It's a chore I don't want to do, with the only result being a negative experience.
I understand your concern. In the HelmAverse I used a similar power on Human Torch called Reckless Teammate but tied the randomness to the initiative roll rather than to every turn of an Order Marker.

The funny thing is, we haven’t used the HT in a while but every time the condition comes up, one of us remarks how he would be jumping in for his turn if he was on the team in this fight. We just all nod and move on but I know the mental notes are being taken as to how often it comes into play and whether the negative is really an issue or not.

Making it part of the initiative certainly would make it less of a chore. I could see a new riff on self-importance where, if you roll 1-3/4/5 on initiative, an opponent can move 1 OM from any card in your army to the card with the special power on it. Similar to how Iron Patriot works I suppose. Then it maxes out a 1 disruption per round and doesn't require any upkeep.
Old November 16th, 2019, 07:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I very much want him to be a potential JLer, because Lex actually was in the JL pretty close to this era. But I also think that making him a slightly questionable pick for the team is both fun and thematic. Make it so the JL can wrangle some of his more negative elements (Batman can modify his S-I role, and Supes can move him out of engagement so he can repair) and he’s both viable as a JL pick but also a bit pricklier than your average member. Or at least that’s the theory.
That sounds good to me.

Yeah, thanks for clarifying the intent and theme there.
Old November 16th, 2019, 07:04 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Quote:
I just don't like having to remember to roll the d20 at the start of every single player turn, then when it 'hits' I'm disappointed that I can't do what I was planning on doing with that OM reveal. It's a chore I don't want to do, with the only result being a negative experience.
I understand your concern. In the HelmAverse I used a similar power on Human Torch called Reckless Teammate but tied the randomness to the initiative roll rather than to every turn of an Order Marker.

The funny thing is, we haven’t used the HT in a while but every time the condition comes up, one of us remarks how he would be jumping in for his turn if he was on the team in this fight. We just all nod and move on but I know the mental notes are being taken as to how often it comes into play and whether the negative is really an issue or not.

Making it part of the initiative certainly would make it less of a chore. I could see a new riff on self-importance where, if you roll 1-3/4/5 on initiative, an opponent can move 1 OM from any card in your army to the card with the special power on it. Similar to how Iron Patriot works I suppose. Then it maxes out a 1 disruption per round and doesn't require any upkeep.
Avengers Stark is also a decent place to look for inspiration there...
Power armoured egos unite, I guess?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 16th, 2019, 08:26 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I like negative powers for stuff like Self-Importance, and don't mind "feel bad" stuff when it means I can get a powerful unit for a discount. But I do agree that the upkeep is kind of annoying. So yeah, worth considering an alternative - maybe something less wordy, if we're sticking with 4 powers.
Old November 16th, 2019, 10:28 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Maybe riff on Penguin (II) instead of Penguin (I) and have Lex penalize you for having the audacity to not give him your OMs?
Old November 17th, 2019, 12:28 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah I was initially thinking something where you’re required to put OMs on Lex, but something like Penguin II where it’s just “strongly suggested” you put them on him would probably be way less of a rules headache.

Something like Avengers Tony could be fun too, just maybe restructured to be a bit less Cap-friendly?
Old November 17th, 2019, 12:39 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

HUMANITY'S SAVIOR
While Lex Luthor is on the battlefield:
• add three to your initiative roll for each Order Marker on this Army Card
• if you lose initiative, the player who won initiative may chose one Army Card you control and remove one unrevealed Order Marker from the chosen card.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 17th, 2019, 01:59 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m not in love with the thematics of an initiative boost here. I’m thinking more along the lines of just subtracting X from your roll if there’s no OMs on his card.
Old November 17th, 2019, 09:33 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I was going for the "Let me do it and it'll be done competently and try to do it without me and you'll screw it up" theme. He's a genius, so he'd be able to plan effectively (i.e. initiative boost) but he needs you to put your full trust in him for his plan to work.

I dunno, just a take.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 17th, 2019, 10:00 AM
Hard as ice

I quite like that angle, actually....

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 17th, 2019, 10:43 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Don't think it really needs a boost, but the negative to it for each OM on another card or a card that isn't of a specific type I kinda like. I would still make it kinda Iron Patriot esque where if you win Initiative WXY happens and if you lose initiative XYZ happens.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy