Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 13th, 2008, 09:13 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of 10th Regiment

Personally, I recommend a 'Soldiers' army. The one I played was an unorthodox number of points, so I'll spare you the specifics. Suffice it to say that the 10th Reg, MDG, Drake v.2, the Romans, all work well together, plus whatever additions you'd care to make (Johnny Shotgun worked for me that game, but that doesn't mean he's suddenly a universal draft ).
Old August 18th, 2008, 08:35 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Do you think that Marcus Gallus is good to have in an army of 10th x4 if it's a 400 pt tourney? It's nice and rounded but is that 100 pt character worth it to add 1 to movement, and maybe 1 to attack if adjacent? I understand that in higher pt games you could put in MBS or sacred band or something, but what about for a 400 pt tourney? My gut says "yes" but I dunno.
Old August 18th, 2008, 08:50 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Do you think that Marcus Gallus is good to have in an army of 10th x4 if it's a 400 pt tourney? It's nice and rounded but is that 100 pt character worth it to add 1 to movement, and maybe 1 to attack if adjacent? I understand that in higher pt games you could put in MBS or sacred band or something, but what about for a 400 pt tourney? My gut says "yes" but I dunno.
If there's a spot on the map where you can get them on height in a ring around Marcus, with WTF you can have 20 dice on an attack. You just have to hope the AE or Jordhawn don't strike...
Old August 18th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I'm gonna say no. The move is nice, but without Warlord bonding it's gonna be tough to move Marcus around. This in turn means few, if any, attack boosts. For 100 points of melee/screen I like Izumi/1xRats or Kozuke depending on the situation.

~Aldin, with discipline

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 18th, 2008, 11:44 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
It really depends on the map and opponent's army and the glyphs. I played 10th(4x) and Marcus in a 400 point tournament and never regretted having Marcus until I faced BlueDane's 10th(4x) + Krav on a road map. If I could do that tournament over again I would have bought 10th(4x) + Sacred Band(2x) since even without someone to bond with Sacred Band gives a good bang for the buck. A link to my tournament summary can be found in my sig(the June South Florida Game Day).
Old August 24th, 2008, 08:31 PM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart

I'm trying to put together a good 500-point army using 2 squads of 10th Reg (that's all I've got and I won't be able to get more for a good while, so please bear with me). I instantly saw the Marcus synergy, and I figure I should take 2 squads of Romans with him (again, all I've got; I only have 1 squad of Sacred Band so I'd have to borrow someone else's to use that pairing in a tourney).
That leaves 150 left, so I wonder if I should go with AE and 40 points in something else (likely Guilty McCreech and Isamu/Otonashi), or maybe another warlord. I still don't have the Wave 4 heroes, so again, unless I can get somebody to lend me one for a few games I can't choose Valguard (wouldn't really want to without the Tarns anyway). I could choose Ne-Gok-Sa and Me-Burq-Sa with 10 points left over, or just MBS, leaving a cool, even 100. Darn it, why must those mere 10 points prevent me from combining MBS and the AE?

By the way, what is this "WTF move" you all refer too? I can guess what the abbreviation stands for, but what tactic does it suggest?
Old August 24th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It stands for Wait Then Fire, one of their powers I discussed building a similar army here.
Old August 24th, 2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
It stands for Wait Then Fire,
Oh.. DUH! How did I not see that before? Thanks. What is "MM", though?

Also, thank you for the link but it's not really what I'm going for. Also, your strategies are designed an army that's just over 500; how do I work with that? I'm thinking I'd be best off using what resources I know I have and use the Romans with a marro warlord for versatility; that, and MBS can add to the ranged power.

Last edited by Blackrock; August 24th, 2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old August 24th, 2008, 09:47 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
It stands for Wait Then Fire,
Oh.. DUH! How did I not see that before? Thanks. What is "MM", though?
I'm not sure of the context to which you're referring, but in this thread, probably "MinuteMen," as in 4th Mass Line.
Old August 24th, 2008, 10:16 PM

fil knows what's in an order marker fil knows what's in an order marker

I've had pretty good success with 2x 10th as a core in a bunch of armies.

Personally, I like the soldier army
2x 10th - 150
Marcus - 100
AE - 110
Old Drake - 110
Guilty (or Eldgrim) - 30 (I know, I know ... not soldiers)

This one is pretty fun to play as well
2x 10th - 150
Cyprien - 150
Sonya - 45
Zettians - 70
James Murphy - 75
Isamu - 10

Anyway, there's lots of good and/or fun armies you could build with that 150pt core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrock View Post
I'm trying to put together a good 500-point army using 2 squads of 10th Reg (that's all I've got and I won't be able to get more for a good while, so please bear with me). I instantly saw the Marcus synergy, and I figure I should take 2 squads of Romans with him (again, all I've got; I only have 1 squad of Sacred Band so I'd have to borrow someone else's to use that pairing in a tourney).
That leaves 150 left, so I wonder if I should go with AE and 40 points in something else (likely Guilty McCreech and Isamu/Otonashi), or maybe another warlord. I still don't have the Wave 4 heroes, so again, unless I can get somebody to lend me one for a few games I can't choose Valguard (wouldn't really want to without the Tarns anyway). I could choose Ne-Gok-Sa and Me-Burq-Sa with 10 points left over, or just MBS, leaving a cool, even 100. Darn it, why must those mere 10 points prevent me from combining MBS and the AE?

By the way, what is this "WTF move" you all refer too? I can guess what the abbreviation stands for, but what tactic does it suggest?

Returns for more.

Old August 24th, 2008, 10:48 PM

Not bad at all, fil. Old Drake is by no means useless, but I think I'd rather take some Roman Legionnaires, which would also free up another 10 points.
Old August 24th, 2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil View Post
Just watch for Elves/Zelrig/shotgun blast with that. Lots of clumped-together common squads are dangerous these days!
Hmm, good point. It pretty much revolves around the commons sticking together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units