Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old November 16th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

They are often at odds with Enik because he will sometimes help the humans but sometimes not, you never really know. Above all Enik serves himself but he wants the Sleestak to survive.
Old November 16th, 2017, 08:21 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

a visual mockup of my thoughts

Could imagine the Netter to enhance Nab rolls and the Crossbow Guards to attack any newly released nabbed figures that try to flee.

Enik would disrupt those rolls.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old November 16th, 2017, 11:11 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post

Could imagine the Netter to enhance Nab rolls and the Crossbow Guards to attack any newly released nabbed figures that try to flee.

Underground Tunnel Ambush is pretty decent. Shows the sleestak using their tunnels and love of the underground. The only problem is now I'm thinking of sleestak using their horn to dig underground and pop up out of the ground like a meerkat.

Nab seems very odd mechanically and thematically, seeing as no matter which sleestak is attacked, all captives are instantly freed. Also, would rolling for Nab be before or after the defending player rolls defense? If defense is rolled first, then Nab will only be rolled when the defending figure rolls more shields, which makes it weird thematically. If you roll for Nab before defense is rolled, it would be more of a toss up on whether its better to straight attack or attempting to nab. The only time I can think of when nabbing would be prefered is against high defense and possibly high life. Perhaps rolling for nab before attacking would be best.
I think in terms of capturing opponents, maybe we should leave that to the netter sleestak.

In the show, they only seemed to go after the humans to defend their land after their home was invaded and their plans were undone by the main characters, which makes them seem like they would fit Aquilla better.

The crossbow sleestak would be a simple ranged unit and the netter could be the figure that captures other units
Old November 17th, 2017, 08:56 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Regarding tunneling, they appear out of nowhere and do kind of pop up and down/in and out like Meerkats
Funny you used that metaphor, because that was a power place holder name I had for another custom. (Skags from Borderlands)
Also instead of same-level, it could be ... or lower

The idea behind Nab is that the figures were adjacent to the other Sleestak all along, but were hidden. Their location is revealed by interacting with a Sleestak.
I've also since added "immediately" try to nab.. which indicates it happens before rolling defense.

Again brainstorming

I've only watched two episodes, so I'll continue watching

PS: what General would Grumpy the Rex follow?

Old November 17th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Quote:

Underground Tunnel Ambush is pretty decent. Shows the sleestak using their tunnels and love of the underground. The only problem is now I'm thinking of sleestak using their horn to dig underground and pop up out of the ground like a meerkat.

Nab seems very odd mechanically and thematically, seeing as no matter which sleestak is attacked, all captives are instantly freed. Also, would rolling for Nab be before or after the defending player rolls defense? If defense is rolled first, then Nab will only be rolled when the defending figure rolls more shields, which makes it weird thematically. If you roll for Nab before defense is rolled, it would be more of a toss up on whether its better to straight attack or attempting to nab. The only time I can think of when nabbing would be prefered is against high defense and possibly high life. Perhaps rolling for nab before attacking would be best.
I think in terms of capturing opponents, maybe we should leave that to the netter sleestak.

In the show, they only seemed to go after the humans to defend their land after their home was invaded and their plans were undone by the main characters, which makes them seem like they would fit Aquilla better.

The crossbow sleestak would be a simple ranged unit and the netter could be the figure that captures other units
Perhaps the netter can be an uncommon hero.

And I'd say Valkrill for both a grumpy and Alice.

Edit: Chaka and his brothers can follow Aquilla.

Old November 17th, 2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Quote:

Perhaps the netter can be an uncommon hero.

And I'd say Valkrill for both a grumpy and Alice.

Edit: Chaka and his brothers can follow Aquilla.
I thought Aquilla for Chaka at first too, but I think he's almost certainly Ullar.

I like the Volcano of Utgar because it reminds me of Sleestak God and that Volcanoes are relevant to their life cycle.

Old November 17th, 2017, 05:59 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Underground Tunnel Ambush makes them really fast in Dungeon Scenarios, but it sounds like they earn it in the source material. Should Nab give them a boost/benefit to having figures on their card, or are we going for full troll value by potentially wasting OMs and/or warping figures across the board?
Old November 20th, 2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
or are we going for full troll value by potentially wasting OMs and/or warping figures across the board?
This. The effect would mimick what I've seen on television

Old November 27th, 2017, 05:05 PM

OK, lets continue brainstorming then.

BEWARE THE SLEESTAK
Start the game with only three of your Sleestaks on the battlefield. If you have less than three Sleestaks on the battlefield, you may immediately place one of your own Sleestaks not on the battlefield on any empty spaces within 4 spaces of a Sleestak you control or within 10 spaces if you place the Sleestak on a dungeon or shadow space. You may never have more than three Sleestaks on the battlefield.

Old December 6th, 2017, 11:46 AM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
OK, lets continue brainstorming then.

BEWARE THE SLEESTAK
Start the game with only three of your Sleestaks on the battlefield. If you have less than three Sleestaks on the battlefield, you may immediately place one of your own Sleestaks not on the battlefield on any empty spaces within 4 spaces of a Sleestak you control or within 10 spaces if you place the Sleestak on a dungeon or shadow space. You may never have more than three Sleestaks on the battlefield.
I really like this, however it wouldn't really allow any other types of Sleestak figures (such as the crossbowman) without some difficulty. We could have Beware of Sleestaks apply to only that squad instead of all sleestaks.

Sleestak Raiders
Utgar

Sleestak
Common squad
Raider/Hunter
Menacing
Medium 6

Life 1
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3
Points 60

BEWARE OF SLEESTAK
Start the game with only three of your Sleestak Raiders on the battlefield. If you have less than three Sleestak Raiders on the battlefield, you may immediately place one of your own Sleestaks not on the battlefield on any empty spaces within 4 spaces of a Sleestak you control or within 10 spaces if you place the Sleestak on a dungeon or shadow space. You may never have more than three Sleestak Raiders on the battlefield.

UNDERGOING TUNNEL AMBUSH
After moving a Sleestak Raider with normal movement, you may place it on any empty same level or lower dungeon or shadow space within 5 spaces and add 2 attack dice to its attack value. If a Sleestak Raider is engaged when it starts to tunnel, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Old December 12th, 2017, 10:47 PM

My thoughts, visually:

Edit: Pretend race is Sleestak
Edit2: Ignore typos but callout confusing or mispowered language
Edit3: please

Old December 13th, 2017, 06:10 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My apologies, been having internet issues. Fixed now. Will look these over and give thoughts soon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum