Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old May 16th, 2011, 10:12 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Valley War I: "Big is Beautiful", Modesto, CA

Given Killo's amazing record-keeping, he's probably got me down on all these counts already, but just to have my replies clumped in a single thread:

Me come!

Have no preference for Saturday or Sunday.

Vote for max of 1 of each Uncommon.
Old May 16th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Vote for max of 1 of each Uncommon.
Oh, sorry Typhon, but I've already got your vote logged in for "Every army not coming from Berkeley gets 4 free Hydras".

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old May 18th, 2011, 03:33 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation

Yesssssssssssssss. I love tourneys! I'm very interested in attending, as always. Kinda far off in the distance for me though so I can't make any absolutes yet. I like the idea of no limit on uncommons, and the proposed point 'encouragement'. I probably prefer a Saturday but whatever's cool.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old May 18th, 2011, 08:04 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yay! Good to hear from you Darryl!

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old May 20th, 2011, 01:55 AM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I've decided that in any tournament I run (starting with BiB) anyone who includes Hatamoto Taro in their army may opt to use the official prototype card for him because, well, he's really not that good otherwise.

Please note that this is not a requirement for anyone who brings HT-if you prefer the official released (130 point) version, you can bring that one. Think of HT as a new Drake or Raelin. Just make sure you bring a copy of the card for whichever version you'll be running.

Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:30 PM

Saturday the 20th seems to be the day for most people (everyone's said that they could at least make it work), so unless I hear otherwise soon, I'm going to get ahold of Kriers and put us on the schedule.

@dnutt-Any chance of your 2nd generation of 'Scapers making it (assuming you can)?

Old May 23rd, 2011, 07:44 AM

onibaku06 is surprisingly tart

Killometer, would you be willing to help set up a tounament in Fresno. A bad ass game store opened in Fresno about a year ago called Crazy Squirrel Game Store, and their always open for stuff like this. Beings that I even haven't played a game yet, I don't quite know how to get things rolling.

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown
Old May 23rd, 2011, 12:29 PM

My main advice is to get a couple games under your belt before trying to organize a tourney.

If you have any friends that are into either board games or RPGs, then it shouldn't be too hard to get them into HS with you. It's really not too hard to pick up the rules-I taught myself to play, then taught my brother, then a few friends, just be reading the rulebook and spending some time on this site. And unless you're playing with a 6 year old, don't even waste any time on the Basic Rules; go straight for the Master Rules. They're way more enjoyable.

I also suggest attending a tournament or two before trying to run one. I've been to 3 and this is the first one I've organized. Understanding them on paper and understanding them in real life are two entirely different beasts.

All that being said, if you ever have any specific questions about running an event, feel free to ask. I recommend asking in the Northern California Directory, where you might also get feedback from some of our other NorCal TDs (RoninValentina, cmgames and Typhon2222, to name the most recent few).

Old May 28th, 2011, 09:53 AM

I'm planning on bringing a friend to the tournament as well, assuming all goes well until then. I know what SoV is, but what is C3V? And I assume "no custom" units right?

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown
Old May 28th, 2011, 11:39 PM

C3V is a project that is designing entire waves from the ground up, and will be releasing them as a whole. Their units and customs approved by the SoV are 100% compatible with each other and official Scape. Except for units from those two projects, no other custom units are allowed.

C3V has not released any units yet, but if they do before BiB I'll link them from here so that there aren't any surprises.

Old May 30th, 2011, 11:12 PM

I think I have a solution to the Uncommon conundrum*-players may only count a specific Uncommon once towards their bonus points. So if you want to bring 4 Fen Hydras, you still can, but it only counts as 1 Huge units, so you have 500 points to build with. How's that for a compromise?

*-More specifically, the "How-do-I-avoid-an-entire-tourney-of-4xHydras+Kelda/Raelin?" conundrum

Last edited by Killometer; May 31st, 2011 at 12:57 AM. Reason: I'll know it's good if it makes everybody unhappy. :P
Old May 31st, 2011, 04:36 AM

I like the date and rules. I can't wait for the tournament. Are you allowed to bring multiple armies, or do you have to use the same army throughout the tournament?

-Unknown

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events