Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old June 28th, 2016, 11:38 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

I have had a couple reviews sitting in my pocket for a while now, I should just get them out and post them. We also need to decide what to do on HWotHW:JE; I was planning to vote "yes" but with it already inducted into the BoV I don't really see the need to duplicate the effort.

Thanks for the kick in the pants; I'll get a review or two out and discuss things internally on the rest.
Old August 6th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hi guys.

I haven't touch Heroscape for a moment now and my review of A Stone's Throw was one of the last Heroscape-related things I did (one year without Heroscape... dang!)

I can give my place if someone wants but honestly at this point I don't think it will change anything.

Old June 28th, 2017, 09:46 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

The central water by the right start zone on Platypus is placed in the wrong spot on the Online Board.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 08:50 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Hey everybody, announcement time!

You've probably seen the chatter on the BoV thread. While restarting the BoV is a legit option, after some discussion in the background several of us think it's probably best to leave BoV as the historical record of the great maps of its time, and to try to make something different that reflects the best maps in active use by the community. So...

Wargrounds of Scape is back.

We are still pulling together our judging panel and will announce it in the next few days. In the mean time, there will be a couple updates to the rules:
  • To reflect that this is a living list of the best maps of the moment, maps that are part of the WoS can be nominated for update or removal. The same voting standards to add a map apply to updating, and the same standards that would cause a map to be rejected apply to removal.
  • Before a map is nominated, it must be played (in its latest form) at at least two times at competitive tournaments. (6+ players, announced in advance on the forums.)

More news to come in the next few days.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 09:00 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Old August 3rd, 2021, 09:28 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Over/under number of frogs as judges: 1.5

Last edited by OEAO; August 3rd, 2021 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Over, BBF don’t let me down...
Old August 4th, 2021, 08:30 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Just to chime in here, whatever organization continues, WoS revival, ARV continuing their work, a BoV revival, or a combination thereof, there should be a review, or means to flag for review, of past maps created by every organization or a way to revoke the organization stamp of approval.

I like Dok's proposal here in that maps can be flagged for update or removal made by WoS, which is good, but WoS produced a total of 3 maps which leaves out all of the BoV which holds the majority of maps and if I may say the majority of the reputation of competitive maps.

Which brings me to my next point. Many maps used at Gencon or the recent Scapecon were created by none of these organizations but since held to a higher regard in their use at a large event such as Con they should be indicted into an organization based off of their popular use. At that point could their status as a good competitive map be questioned if the time came or the meta changed enough to evoke that change.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old August 4th, 2021, 08:55 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Part of our initial work will be to nominate all BoV maps and vote on them, and I imagine several ARV maps will be nominated as well. We want this to feel like a one stop shop for top tier tournament maps.
Old August 4th, 2021, 12:20 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

You've probably seen the chatter on the BoV thread. While restarting the BoV is a legit option, after some discussion in the background several of us think it's probably best to leave BoV as the historical record of the great maps of its time, and to try to make something different that reflects the best maps in active use by the community. So...

We are still pulling together our judging panel and will announce it in the next few days. In the mean time, there will be a couple updates to the rules:
  • To reflect that this is a living list of the best maps of the moment, maps that are part of the WoS can be nominated for update or removal. The same voting standards to add a map apply to updating, and the same standards that would cause a map to be rejected apply to removal.
  • Before a map is nominated, it must be played (in its latest form) at at least two times at competitive tournaments. (6+ players, announced in advance on the forums.)

Well, this is just amazing news.

ADDENDUM: @dok , we should get the OP passed from me to you, so you can update it as necessary. Any idea how to effect that?
Old August 4th, 2021, 12:22 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Part of our initial work will be to nominate all BoV maps and vote on them, and I imagine several ARV maps will be nominated as well. We want this to feel like a one stop shop for top tier tournament maps.
Old August 4th, 2021, 12:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

Well, this is just amazing news.

ADDENDUM: @dok , we should get the OP passed from me to you, so you can update it as necessary. Any idea how to effect that?

dok needs to make a throw away post and @quozl can make that happen.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 4th, 2021, 01:12 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post

dok needs to make a throw away post and @quozl can make that happen.
Already done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios