Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 15th, 2017, 08:39 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
The Book of Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner) (II)

The Book of Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner) (II)

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 63
BATTLE FOR MUTANTKIND

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Uncanny X-Men set.
Its model number and name are #044 / Nightcrawler.

Character Bio - Born to a Neyaphem Mutant, claiming to be the inspiration for Satan, Azazel, and the shape-shifting mutant terrorist, Mystique, Kurt Wagner was abandoned at birth, due to his demonic appearance, and raised highly religious by circus gypsies. Born with a unnatural level of gymnastic agility, and later gaining the ability to teleport, Kurt became a high wire wonder, until a violent mob drove him from the circus. Saved by Professor Charles Xavier, Kurt joined the X-Men and has been fighting for the peaceful coexistence of mutants and humans most of his life. After being injured by Riptide, Kurt overexerted himself battling Nimrod and fell into a coma. Upon waking from his coma, Kurt believed that the X-Men had all died and he, with the two other surviving X-Men, founded Excalibur. Kurt matured to the point of leading Excalibur, but eventually returned to the X-Men. For a short time, Kurt left the super hero life to become a priest, but again returned to the X-Men. After the return of Hope Summers, Kurt was killed by Bastion, while sacrificing himself to return her to the X-Men headquarters on Utopia. After spending some time in Heaven, he was taken back to the land of the living while fighting his father. - Marvel Wiki

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Nightcrawler may carry any figure that is not large or huge with his Bamf! Carry special power.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 10:15 PM. Reason: png
Old December 15th, 2017, 08:41 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Nightcrawler (II)

NAME = NIGHTCRAWLER
SECRET IDENTITY = KURT WAGNER

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = DEVOUT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 210

BAMF! CARRY
Instead of his normal move, Nightcrawler may use BAMF! Carry. To BAMF! Carry, place Nightcrawler on an empty space within 3 spaces of his current placement. After placing Nightcrawler, you may choose a friendly tiny, small, or medium figure that was adjacent to Nightcrawler before he moved. Place the chosen figure on any empty space adjacent to Nightcrawler. Figures moved with BAMF! Carry will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After using BAMF! Carry on your turn, you may use it two additional times.

EN GARDE
Nightcrawler may attack with his normal attack up to 2 times at any point before, during, or after his normal move or BAMF! Carry movement as long as he is on a space where he could end his movement. When attacking with Nightcrawler, if he used his BAMF! Carry special power before attacking, the defending figure rolls 1 fewer defense die.

BAMF! PROTECTION
When defending against an attack with Nightcrawler, each blank rolled counts as 2 additional shields. After Nightcrawler or a figure you control adjacent to Nightcrawler rolls defense dice against an opponent's attack, you may immediately use Nightcrawler's BAMF! Carry special power.

Last edited by Arkham; February 11th, 2018 at 01:57 PM.
Old December 15th, 2017, 08:42 PM

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Figure:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; February 11th, 2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old December 15th, 2017, 08:53 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

En Garde mentions a 'Tactical BAMF!' that he doesn't have. En Garde isn't supposed to let him attack during an enemy's turn is it? That would get super messy. BAMF! Protection probably should only work on enemy figures. Otherwise, he can pair up with someone with an auto-shield and jump crazy far across the map by attacking his own companion (with very minimal risk of actually wounding them.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 15th, 2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
En Garde mentions a 'Tactical BAMF!' that he doesn't have. En Garde isn't supposed to let him attack during an enemy's turn is it? That would get super messy. BAMF! Protection probably should only work on enemy figures. Otherwise, he can pair up with someone with an auto-shield and jump crazy far across the map by attacking his own companion (with very minimal risk of actually wounding them.
Fixed.

En Garde is only allowing him to attack on his turn.

Can add language as needed on all fronts. Mainly just trying to get the mechanics/vision across. After reading both the Nightcrawler I thread and the Nightcrawler II abandoned thread, I feel I've come up with at least a decent starting point addressing most desires. Carry, Protection, Survivability, and some Stealth elements with his attacks based on his BAMF! surprising his enemies.
Old December 15th, 2017, 09:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I feel as though Bamp! Defense should only let you use Bamp! Carry once rather than the full 3 times. Attacking and having both Nightcrawler & one adj. ally move 9 spaces is a pretty big swing in board placement/control.
Old December 15th, 2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I feel as though Bamp! Defense should only let you use Bamp! Carry once rather than the full 3 times. Attacking and having both Nightcrawler & one adj. ally move 9 spaces is a pretty big swing in board placement/control.
The last line states when using it on your turn, you can use it 2 additional times. So you would only get 3 spaces after being attacked.
Old December 15th, 2017, 09:17 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like that you found a happy medium with his defense vs defense power. I really wanted some aspect of his defense to have the ability to be negated by the Neutralizer and the MRD yet you also appease the faction that thought his defense should be in his base stats due to his agility. I think you found a good place where the negation hurts but he's still capable. It's my biggest complaint about Quicksilver.

He does have the weakness of never using his normal move unless negated.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 15th, 2017, 09:21 PM

Yeah, I saw your comments/desires for that in the thread. I think this gives him the best survivability chances yet. Not entirely sure of the odds of a blank out of 5 dice, that's a @Dysole question, but from rolling a ton on my own just for analysis, it seemed to be a pretty useful/fun mechanic.
Old December 15th, 2017, 09:37 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Yeah, I saw your comments/desires for that in the thread.
It's much appreciated.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 15th, 2017, 11:45 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Nightcrawler (II) (Brainstorming Phase)

I'd rather he just had higher defense than including the blanks thing. Not gonna fight for that, though. Odds of a blank on 5 dice are about 60%.

Digging the design overall; I like the swashbuckling flavor of En Garde.

Really good to see you back in action, Ark.
Old December 16th, 2017, 12:40 AM

Re: The Book of Nightcrawler (II) (Brainstorming Phase)

I'd be hesitant to just roll with 7 dice. I feel to accurately capture his ability to avoid taking hits requires some sort of odds in his favor mechanic to completely get away unscathed a decent amount of time.

The issue I kept running into, was if we just went with say 7 defense, that means someone with an attack of 8 can potentially make it impossible for him to avoid the attack completely. Which IMO, there should be no attack that he couldn't avoid logistically, at least in a physical attack sense. Thor swings his hammer at him for 8 skulls, as a player I want to feel like there's still a chance I dodge it. The odds at 7 defense with no modifier, still wouldn't be decent for him to even survive it let alone outright dodge it.

So I was trying to find some middle ground. As a player, when it all hinges on defense rolls, nothing is more disappointing than botching your defense. Blanks being such a huge benefit for him, puts the chances of a decent defense in his favor, which I feel is accurate.

Glad you guys are digging the design. Nothing is set in stone with it, just like with Hela and any other design, I'm open to suggestions. Just wanted to get the ball rolling.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library